Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 06:17 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,069,372 times

Advertisements

Basically when I was in a relationship last year, my ex bought skin care products from this woman, and knows her through friends, but I don't think my ex is that close to her really.

The woman now sells products to my Mom, since then. But I would like to ask her to hang out and all, cause she is really attractive I find. She also did come onto me, when she was drunk, back when I was in a relationship, but I didn't go for it at all, since I was faithful. But now that I am single and I have bought products from her for my mom and myself, I figure, why not.

But I feel it's an awkward position, since I knew her through friends of my ex, and now she is selling to me and my Mom. And my ex has been discussed on here in prior threads, and people told me she was nuts, so if this new woman were to respond not so positively, and tell my my ex that I asked her to hangout, that could make my ex more nuts. But then again, I only live once.

So what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 06:19 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,244 times
OP...life is short...take a chance. If you strike out...move on.

With all the effort you used in writing you post you could have been on a date with her.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Basically when I was in a relationship last year, my ex bought skin care products from this woman, and knows her through friends, but I don't think my ex is that close to her really.

The woman now sells products to my Mom, since then. But I would like to ask her to hang out and all, cause she is really attractive I find. She also did come onto me, when she was drunk, back when I was in a relationship, but I didn't go for it at all, since I was faithful. But now that I am single and I have bought products from her for my mom and myself, I figure, why not.

But I feel it's an awkward position, since I knew her through friends of my ex, and now she is selling to me and my Mom. And my ex has been discussed on here in prior threads, and people told me she was nuts, so if this new woman were to respond not so positively, and tell my my ex that I asked her to hangout, that could make my ex more nuts. But then again, I only live once.

So what do you think?
So what if it drives your ex nuts.... she drove you ( and us on here ) nuts for ages!!!

No seriously have you had any indication from her that she's interested apart from when she was laggin'?

Old 01-29-2017, 06:24 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Not this, again! Didn't you ask us before if you should pursue a relationship with this woman? I think she's too close to your ex. Too much enmeshment. Plus, you already have the experience that she blabbed to your ex that you and she had had a fling. Why would you want to pursue something with someone YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T TRUST to be discreet?

Frankly, I suspect she's better friends with your ex than she'll ever be with you. This has "train wreck" written all over it. You sure do like to create unnecessary drama for yourself, don't you?

Keep searching for women who aren't already involved with your family members and/or ex. Be patient. You don't HAVE to have a gf this very day, or week, or month, especially if it means more endless drama. Ugh! Do as most other people do, and be patient in your search.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:24 PM

No I did not have an indication she was interested in me apart from that lagging time. I mean when she sells me products she is nice and friendly, but I am a customer, so it's hard to know if she feels that way. It's also a bit awkward cause she is like 10-20 years older than me, but she is attractive for that age.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:26 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
No I did not have an indication she was interested in me apart from that lagging time. I mean when she sells me products she is nice and friendly, but I am a customer, so it's hard to know if she feels that way.
Forget about her. There are so many fish in the sea; get yourself a fishing boat, and start trawling for someone who isn't involved with your mom & your ex.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:33 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
No I did not have an indication she was interested in me apart from that lagging time. I mean when she sells me products she is nice and friendly, but I am a customer, so it's hard to know if she feels that way. It's also a bit awkward cause she is like 10-20 years older than me, but she is attractive for that age.
Well if the age difference will play on your mind at all then leave it alone then mate.

I like what Ruth says especially as you clearly don't have a problem meeting women based on your last thread

Old 01-29-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not this, again! Didn't you ask us before if you should pursue a relationship with this woman? I think she's too close to your ex. Too much enmeshment. Plus, you already have the experience that she blabbed to your ex that you and she had had a fling. Why would you want to pursue something with someone YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T TRUST to be discreet?

Frankly, I suspect she's better friends with your ex than she'll ever be with you. This has "train wreck" written all over it. You sure do like to create unnecessary drama for yourself, don't you?

Keep searching for women who aren't already involved with your family members and/or ex. Be patient. You don't HAVE to have a gf this very day, or week, or month, especially if it means more endless drama. Ugh! Do as most other people do, and be patient in your search.
This is not the same woman. This is a different woman who I had no fling with in the past. I only know her from buying products, and one time when a my ex's friend invited her out one night and she got drunk. That's it.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:59 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Go for it if you want. Don't worry about whether or not your ex likes it.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:38 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
If you, your ex, and she are at all mature this should not be an issue. The age of internet dating has led to the screwy idea that you should only date complete strangers. Before the internet people would often date friends of friends...and yeah, your ex may be acquaintances with her - so what? If you are all adults and don't crave drama this not a big deal. On the other hand, you sound young...maybe you can't handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships