Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 01:38 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
My girlfriend is quite a bit younger than me but I am not purchasing her. I am only renting her.
I'm hoping this just didn't come out the way you intended it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 06:43 AM

676 posts, read 528,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I think maybe sometimes things are taken as an attack that aren't meant to be. I don't use the term fatties anymore I turned over a new leaf and am trying to be more mindful.

A guy saying they like younger women or skinny women or a woman w/ a certain ethnicity isn't an attack on older overweight women. Men are allowed preferences too. I think?? I thought. that all ties in with sexuality and what the thread is about.

I think this board skews more towards older people so the older men with younger women are pervs narrative is going to pop up a little more than it should probably.

I have liked older women a number of times in the past going back to when I was 19. Just recently about a year ago.. it ended up screwing me every time..and not in a good way.

At this point in my life the ones older than me now are usually divorced, extremely independent, set in their ways women that are only interested in FB's and FWB's. That's not a normal relationship like I'm looking for.
Understood.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:50 AM

676 posts, read 528,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I think there is something to what youre saying. American men, specifically, have allowed society to always tie their behavior ( including male sexuality ) to some shortcoming beyond just their sexual/behavioral decision, while women's sexuality is always deemed as something that is an intensely personal decision that she has either been victimized into doing, or that she has decided to do as a result of being sexually liberated (which implicitly stemmed from being repressed and victimized in the first place).

In American society, a man dating a much younger woman is over compensating for his age. A man driving a large truck or a nice car is compensating for his size or lack thereof. A man dating an older woman has an oedipus complex. A man who is a player is insecure or is compensating for low self esteem..etc. the list goes on and on. Men have allowed society to always tie their sexuality to something beyond just his personal interest/desire, and instead link it to some sort of deeper personal flaw, whereas womens sexual decisions and behavior are taken at face value.
I have to vehemently disagree with this. Sexually active women were traditionally referred to as sluts and sexually active men as studs. This was the case when I was growing up as recently as the 1970's.

The recent turn around in 'labelling' may be due to a backlash from centuries of prejudiced.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,733,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I hope you told her that.
We both know and agree, that primarily due to the age difference, I am simply a fill in until Mr Right comes along and that is quite fine with me. I hope Mr Right does come along.....just not soon.....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships