Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:25 PM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times

Advertisements

I'm going to say that if A guy likes the smell of her perfume over the scent of another that she uses, he would probably put his 2 cents in. Depending on if she likes it too, he may buy her a bottle of the perfume on special occasion. Hopefully though it will be utilized in a very moderate way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 02:17 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Pieces of Flair View Post
A touch of nice perfume could be nice, but I'm mostly indifferent to it.

If anything, much like a woman who wears too much makeup, too much perfume is a big turnoff. A woman who wears too much perfume in, for example, an elevator will have me gasping for air in a matter of seconds.
^^^There's a woman in my office that sprays herself a few times a day AT HER DESK. Ughhh

As for me, I like to smell pretty. I have always had several bottles of different perfumes. I like to smell a little different each day but I don't bathe in it. A squirt on the pulse (then rub them together), a dab behind each ear and small spray on the chest. Good/high quality perfume should last through most of the day so I don't reapply unless I'm going out after work and want to freshen it up.

I like a man that smells good but don't want him to bathe in it either. My husband always buys me perfume and I buy him cologne (because he likes to smell good too )

Old 01-31-2017, 02:19 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
im a girl and i think perfume is stupid.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:51 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
I love the scent of shampoo and conditioner on a girls long straight clean hair after its been blow dryed.

A light spray scent is nice but not a heavy perfume unless it's something more formal.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:09 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Perfume, properly scented and applied, is a nice additional accessory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
"A woman's perfume is not meant to announce her, it's meant to be discovered."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
**goosebumps**

YES! A drop on a few pulse points where you have to get quite close to find it can be lovely. More than that, I'll pass.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:04 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
Are women wasting their money on expensive perfumes in hopes of increasing/creating attraction, when they have either no effect or even repulsive effect toward men?
Hmmm, well there are perfumes that smell nice. And a decent spray can be nice and increase interest. However, do not over spray! Some girls load that crap on and you can smell them a mile away. Also ladies, stop wearing perfume at the gym...we all know you're going to sweat and smell, so what?

Old 01-31-2017, 06:47 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
I buy perfume because I like the way it makes me feel. I don't go overboard. I do the pulse points and that's it.

There was this lady that I used to work with that wore some kind of cloying scent that you could smell from two rows away. One day I saw her coming in from the parking lot, so I made a mad dash to get inside so that I would not end up gagging away in her perfume cloud.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:26 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
I'm a collector of niche, indie and botanical perfume. I have quite the collection. (I'm a botanical perfumer on the side) I rarely wear makeup, but I wear perfume pretty much daily. My husband doesn't care for it, really, nor does he care for makeup. However, the men I've dated in the past always appreciated the perfumes and oils I wore. I have a carefully curated collection of signature perfumes for certain moods and occasions, and there are several in my collection that have a certain seductive power, or "primal sensuality" according to some. I often choose my perfumes based on season, mood and occasion. Perfume oils and darker (ambery/woody/white floral/oriental/musky/animalic) scents often draw a lot of attention.

I don't wear or buy cheap or designer fragrances as I'm sensitive to cheaper aroma molecules used in mass-produced fragrances. Perfume oils wear close to the skin and have interesting interactions with the body's chemistry and natural oils. These are great for evening/fall/winter and special grownup occasions.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:07 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
I like perfume on a lady but I found that I prefer more expensive scents as I get older. I had a job valet parking at charity events when I was in my teens. I always wondered why the ladies that pulled up in their Mercedes smelled so good. Now I know.

I buy the good stuff for myself too these days. There's a difference.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I am an outlier, but I wish they wouldn't because I am allergic to most perfumes.

On many first dates, I would ask them not to wear perfume and tell them why, then on the night of the date find they are swimming in it - from my perspective - then spend the rest of the night wheezing, eyes watering, and sneezing as I drive with my window - roof open trying to breathe fresh air. "Oh, I didn't think a little would bother you."

Many a date or potential relationship ruined. And many miserable results.
I feel for you. I have the exact same problem. It sucks because people get so defensive about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships