Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 05:34 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I'm a Kansas boy born and raised, though I spend some time in NC for grad school and now live in Denver. The city is better in every regards.

Also, since no one has mentioned it yet, city GALS are also better than country GALS. Women should act like women, not act like a redneck, butch, or etc.
That's kind of stereotyping country women isn't it? Though some may fish or drive the John Deere when hubby is away, they put some metro women to shame with their attitudes. "Primped and proper" can become mean as a snake and the "princess syndrome" is never an issue. They also never demand anything other than letting their men be men. Why should I have to own a $500 pair of Italian leather shoes, suits and ties to not be a virgin for life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 06:21 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
I like both. The country is nice to go hiking and camping but the city is great for diversity of culture religion and other beliefs, more interesting things. I love LA because I can just get lost in the city and enjoy myself. Both are nice but I'm more a city guy

Old 03-24-2012, 06:30 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
That's kind of stereotyping country women isn't it? Though some may fish or drive the John Deere when hubby is away, they put some metro women to shame with their attitudes. "Primped and proper" can become mean as a snake and the "princess syndrome" is never an issue. They also never demand anything other than letting their men be men. Why should I have to own a $500 pair of Italian leather shoes, suits and ties to not be a virgin for life!

Because fashion and image matter. If you are in the corporate world, as many city people are, and you want to move up the corporate ladder, you need to look professional. Don't get me wrong, employees have to produce results, but image and dressing professionally in a pair of nice Italian leather shoes and suit can make a significant difference. It's about looking good and looking like you fit within that corporate setting. As I said before, if you came to me looking for a job and talked like a hick and dressed poorly, I'd be very hesitant to hire you.

Also, city people with corporate jobs are generally going to make more money than some redneck in Mississippi or Kentucky, so they can afford the clothes that they wear.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:30 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I grew up about as country as it gets, and know very few guys who drive tractors, grow gardens, and can fix things. Stereotypes are fun and all, but self-sufficience has taken a hit no matter where you go these days.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Because fashion and image matter. If you are in the corporate world, as many city people are, and you want to move up the corporate ladder, you need to look professional. Don't get me wrong, employees have to produce results, but image and dressing professionally in a pair of nice Italian leather shoes and suit can make a significant difference. It's about looking good and looking like you fit within that corporate setting. As I said before, if you came to me looking for a job and talked like a hick and dressed poorly, I'd be very hesitant to hire you.

Also, city people with corporate jobs are generally going to make more money than some redneck in Mississippi or Kentucky, so they can afford the clothes that they wear.
Yeah, you won't last too long doin' the belly crawl in a crawlspace or manning the creeper either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I grew up about as country as it gets, and know very few guys who drive tractors, grow gardens, and can fix things. Stereotypes are fun and all, but self-sufficience has taken a hit no matter where you go these days.
LOL Where was this?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:07 PM

Why do I ask? Because FARMERS always fix all their own stuff. Try again.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:13 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
In my experience, country boys are less polished. If this bothers you, you should stick to the city boys.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
In my experience, country boys are less polished. If this bothers you, you should stick to the city boys.
When the chips are down, you KNOW who has your back!

John Mellencamp - Rain On The Scarecrow - YouTube

Old 03-24-2012, 07:45 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

Now, I happen to be one of those business/fiscal conservatives, and we tend to view those redneck social conservatives as misguided idiots.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-25-2012 at 08:35 PM..

Old 03-24-2012, 07:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Why do I ask? Because FARMERS always fix all their own stuff. Try again.
News flash...other people besides farmers live rurally. The stereotype that all country-dwellers are farmers is as wrong as the idea that all people who live in urban areas are "businessmen."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships