Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times

Advertisements

I am a laid back city guy. The country moves too slow for me.

I like living life in the fast lane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Me too. I'm a laid back city guy that just likes to party and have fun and then call it a day.

This guy has the right attitude: http://www.testriffic.com/resultfile...ying-thumb.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I am a laid back city guy. The country moves too slow for me.

I like living life in the fast lane

Old 12-12-2008, 06:09 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
I think in these tough economic times you may soon find out just how different country boys are from city boys. City boy will have to scrape up his change to get what he needs from the grocery store. Country boys will go out to the garden and pick it. The city boy will probably have to take his car to the mechanic to get it fixed. The country boy, with 3 friends and a 12 pack, will have it fixed shortly. City boy may take you to a nice steak house for dinner from time to time but country boy will slaughter, clean and cut up a beef cow, giving you meat all year. City boy may just love that BMW but try carrying feed, hay or tools in it. Let alone pull your neighbor out of the mud with it. Although Guido may have some good traits about him, give me a Bubba when the chips are down!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:38 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I had posted in this thread earlier and hit the back button... yep, do it all the dag on time.

There is nothing like a country boy. He'll tip his hat to you and open your door. he has time to stop and take it all in. The country, the sky, nature.

The city boy is in such a hurry about everything. As much as I wanted my son to be a 'city boy' I am so glad he is a country boy. He is the most intelligent young man I know, with a gentle heart. He is kind and would do anything in the world for you.

I don't know, does the man from the city see the things in life the same way? Can he sit with you and just look at the clouds? Does he see them the same as you? The country girl who was once city?

The girl who has seen it both ways? Through city eyes and country eyes?

Can that city boy relish in life the things that you do?

Does he drive past the horses and smile? Does that amazing sunset take his breath away, as it does yours?

How about the moonlight? Would that city boy sit ont he front porch with you drinking coffee and holding your hand?

Or would that kind of a life be too slow for him? Not good enough for him?

I will tell you what, that is the sweet life right there.... There is nothing like a pick up man... nothing in the world.... And by all means, I am not speaking of my wasband in any of this. Oh yea, he was a country boy, he was a bad country boy. Hid truck was a redneck truck, a mean redneck truck.

Oh no, this is not the country boy I speak of, not in the least bit.

The city boy, he will wine you and dine you... but the country boy, he can make you fall in love with him for a lifetime.
I found a city boy. He is nothing like the country boy, indeed. I never thought I could be with the city boy, not ever.

He does not see things through the same eyes. He sees other things. Other things and in different ways. I had the bad country boy for a husband. I have the good country boy for a son.

I love my country boy son and would not change him for the world.

Now I have a city boy with two city boy sons. He is from New York. He is in the stocks. He looks handsome in dress clothes, as most men do. I love him in jeans and a t shirt. Never once have I seen him in a ball cap.

Does he see the moon the way a country boy does? I am not so sure of that. Do I show it to him every chance I get? You betcha.

When we are driving through the country and I am looking all around, catching things with my eyes, wishing I had my camera, wondering if the lens would catch it as my eyes and heart do..... does he see the things like I do?

I don't think so. His heart. The love he shows me, shares with me. Nothing like any country boy I ever knew could do.

I guess thats what counts. Whats in the heart. When he looks at me, I feel loved. That has never happened to me before being with him.

I show him things in the country, and he shares the city with me. He shares everything with me...

Nothing wrong with a city boy.... He made me fall in love with him for a lifetime.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:55 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Country guys tend to be inbred, not too bright, like to rope cattle and shoot guns in the mud. As for us city guys, our main difference is we like to unfairly stereotype those that are different than us in order to cover up our flaws and insecurities.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:36 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,336 times
For me I know this..I'd take a country boy any day over a city boy. NOthing against city boys..they just aren't my cup of tea. I think country boys are more old fashion. I'd like to post more but have to check on my dinner lol..

Old 12-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think in these tough economic times you may soon find out just how different country boys are from city boys. City boy will have to scrape up his change to get what he needs from the grocery store. Country boys will go out to the garden and pick it. The city boy will probably have to take his car to the mechanic to get it fixed. The country boy, with 3 friends and a 12 pack, will have it fixed shortly. City boy may take you to a nice steak house for dinner from time to time but country boy will slaughter, clean and cut up a beef cow, giving you meat all year. City boy may just love that BMW but try carrying feed, hay or tools in it. Let alone pull your neighbor out of the mud with it. Although Guido may have some good traits about him, give me a Bubba when the chips are down!
I love this post..

Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM

434 posts, read 933,477 times
I am a city girl always...but like country boys a lot...they have some unique qualities that city boys lack of but I appreciate deeply....

As matter of fact, I am married to a country boy-turned city boy, which is why things are odd here

Old 12-12-2008, 10:46 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Is there a difference between Hillbillies and City Slickers?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Is there a difference between Hillbillies and City Slickers?
your post made me think of the Beverly Hillbillies lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships