Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 AM

17,720 posts, read 13,437,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
You know what a Country Boy does when he misses his wife?

He reloads and takes another shot.

I thought he just took a shot at his sister.

Back to the OP I grow up mostly in the city as a kid & as an adult mostly in the country. I've never treated any women differently though out my entire life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,268,755 times
More Dodge Ram trucks with the country guys. More suits with the city guys. Other than this, I don't think much of it.

Hey, do they have a role reversal movie version of "Pretty Woman" or "Maid in Manhattan," where some debutante actually brings home a country dude to her disapproving family...you know, a comedy?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:32 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,089,097 times
I guess everyone has their own idea of the differences in a city boy and a country boy. I was raised on a cattle ranch, seventeen miles from the nearest small town. After I graduated from high school I went into the military service. Upon being discharged, I moved back to the area where I was raised, but moved to the city to work. I used to think that being raised in the country was a real detriment, but I've since learned I was wrong. I wouldn't trade my upbringing for anything. I was taught a good work ethic and learned how to 'make do' when needed tools or supplies weren't readily available. I learned how to hunt, fish, camp, and live off the land. In a time of crisis many of the men I know who were raised in the city would be lost when it comes to surviving without a grocery store nearby. Many of them can't even cook, let alone dress out and cut up a wild game animal. Many of them couldn't grow a flower, not to mention growing food to eat. Most country boys learned skills at an early age that city people know nothing about.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:12 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,089,097 times
Default Is There A Difference Between Country Guys And City Guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Country guys tend to be inbred, not too bright, like to rope cattle and shoot guns in the mud. As for us city guys, our main difference is we like to unfairly stereotype those that are different than us in order to cover up our flaws and insecurities.
You forgot to tell us those flaws & insecurities are numerous... Inbred? Do you even know about such?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:24 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,268,755 times
The country guy is more apt to sleep with his sister or first cousin.

I was thinking "My Cousin Vinnie."

Laugh, folks, it's just a joke.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,835,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Is there a difference between country guys and city guys?
Discuss
Yes. Animal husbandry.

"Laugh, folks, it's just a joke."

Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,167,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Amuse Myself View Post
Country guys are

- More violent
- Drink more
- Loud mouthed
- Relaxed
- More muscular

City guys are

- More posh.
- Take better care of their looks (Clothes)
- Are scaredy cats
- Are rather uptight
- Don't do too well in brawls.

I will take a country guy over a city boy any day. In fact I married one .

I have spent my whole life around country guys (my dad is without a doubt a country guy, along with my cousins, uncles, friends etc) so to me anything different would make me feel like a fish out of water.

Country guys are more violent and drink more?? Not sure what that means, my husband/guys I know are into guns and hunting but I wouldn't consider them violent. Drinking I have to disagree with...my husband and the guys I know don't even drink...at all...ever. The other stuff I'll agree with.

Last edited by sherrenee; 03-12-2012 at 08:48 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,167,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think in these tough economic times you may soon find out just how different country boys are from city boys. City boy will have to scrape up his change to get what he needs from the grocery store. Country boys will go out to the garden and pick it. The city boy will probably have to take his car to the mechanic to get it fixed. The country boy, with 3 friends and a 12 pack, will have it fixed shortly. City boy may take you to a nice steak house for dinner from time to time but country boy will slaughter, clean and cut up a beef cow, giving you meat all year. City boy may just love that BMW but try carrying feed, hay or tools in it. Let alone pull your neighbor out of the mud with it. Although Guido may have some good traits about him, give me a Bubba when the chips are down!

Love this, IMO very true too.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:00 AM

10,156 posts, read 11,117,601 times
I've had both - Not at the same time of course...

I love a country boy... Just something about them..

Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,138,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think in these tough economic times you may soon find out just how different country boys are from city boys. City boy will have to scrape up his change to get what he needs from the grocery store. Country boys will go out to the garden and pick it. The city boy will probably have to take his car to the mechanic to get it fixed. The country boy, with 3 friends and a 12 pack, will have it fixed shortly. City boy may take you to a nice steak house for dinner from time to time but country boy will slaughter, clean and cut up a beef cow, giving you meat all year. City boy may just love that BMW but try carrying feed, hay or tools in it. Let alone pull your neighbor out of the mud with it. Although Guido may have some good traits about him, give me a Bubba when the chips are down!
Best post of the entire thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships