Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 09:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
If I message a guy and then he tells me the age on the profile is not the right one, I would disqualify him immediately.
I have done this, and would do it again. (It was women though).

Heck, even when I read it in their profile and they say they put younger to game the age filters I write them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 09:57 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnSkye View Post
I'm actually 38.
38 - 15 = 23

So you legitimately believe you look 23. And you claim to be 31 in your dating profile. And you want to date men in their 20s, because you believe the men in your own age range 'look too old'.

Is it really all about looks, then?

To answer an earlier question of yours, yes, the men who purport to be in your age group on dating websites are actually in their 50s and 60s. They are delusional, because they firmly believe they actually look '15 years younger than their actual age', and all the women in their age group look too old for their taste. Sound familiar?

Old 02-01-2017, 09:59 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I have done this, and would do it again. (It was women though).

Heck, even when I read it in their profile and they say they put younger to game the age filters I write them off.
It isn't just the little lie.

It usually means they don't act/think their actual age. I don't need anybody who is way behind in mental development for their age. It usually shows in their thinking and decision making. And they look for way younger partners because they are on the same level. No thanks.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:

It usually means they don't act/think their actual age. I don't need anybody who is way behind in mental development for their age. It usually shows in their thinking and decision making. And they look for way younger partners because they are on the same level. No thanks.

Yeah, this doesn't speak to me, since I have no idea what "acting ones age" means, or even "mental development" for one's age. The assumption is people will become more sedate, go out less, take fewer risks, etc when they get older. That isn't acting ones age to me, that's just being boring.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:05 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Lying is no way to start off any kind of relationship.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:06 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:

^^^My point in seeking a partner too. I am not as interested in a youthful appearance as I am in someone who is mentally and emotionally mature enough for the sort of commitment I am interested in and who has a similar set of life values and interests.

And I am done with guys who prize their self image, who are so self conscious that they can't even enjoy the moment or see what's right in front of them.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:08 AM

217 posts, read 237,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
So, for ease of math purposes.. You're actually 50 and stated that you're 43. What's the age range that you're looking for? Are you hoping some guy in his 30's would be looking for an older woman in her early 40's? Not likely. Doesn't make sense to me.
I'm already in my 40's, and I'm not even looking for women in their early 40's. So no, highly unlikely that single men in their 30's, especially never-been-married ones, will be looking for women in their 40's.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:08 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
At the yes or no level... yes it does.

I've seen some poppycock about not wanting to get lost in a guys search filters
and that some article in Cosmo said it was okay to cheat a little like that...

well, when one of these mea culpa's is in the first paragraph of the profile it's bad enough.
But when it's not there at all the woman deserves no leave at all
That's more of a problem for men than women since the ratio of M:W greatly favors women online and they search for men even based on height. That's why some men lie about their height.

PoF restricts the age limit search to a 14 year difference so on a site like that she could be hurting herself because a lot of men won't even see her.

Men look at pics more than age anyway.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:10 AM

217 posts, read 237,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
38 - 15 = 23

To answer an earlier question of yours, yes, the men who purport to be in your age group on dating websites are actually in their 50s and 60s. They are delusional, because they firmly believe they actually look '15 years younger than their actual age', and all the women in their age group look too old for their taste. Sound familiar?
Familiar enough to be my exact situation! Except people tell me I look about 35, which is almost 10 years younger than my actual age.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGuy View Post
Familiar enough to be my exact situation! Except people tell me I look about 35, which is almost 10 years younger than my actual age.
Please. I hear this too. It's people being polite. Nothing more. Early to mid 30s women on OKC aren't writing me because they think I look mid 30s, they're writing me because I have similar interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships