Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 08:50 PM

574 posts, read 377,026 times

Advertisements

My wife died of cancer. And I am not ready to date, just trying to see what I will be up against and find some humor because crying sucks.

I think 'walks on the beach" should be understood as a euphemism for someone who enjoys the quiet intimate moments of just two people together without others. Its those intimate moments together that we always remember. But its too long to say that so they just say walks on the beach. People can have that same moment and feeling just about anywhere. Its about the moment, not the location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 04:27 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
There are quite a few.
"Looking for my last first kiss"
"....a partner in crime"
"...my soulmate"
" Enjoying all life has to offer"
And certainly can't forget enjoying sunsets
So many gangstas out there looking for a partner in crime!

How about the goofy looking ones suggesting:"we can lie and tell everyone we met somewhere else if you want!"
Where...The Moose Lodge? VFW? What's a better place? Who's everyone? Why the hell would someone have to pretend they don't use OLD?

(Well actually I don't right now, just lost interest and wandered back to real life, but I never thought about lying about it?)

Old 02-04-2017, 11:09 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I live on the east coast, and I have seen this in Ads, all the time. So much so, I always wondered why more people are not meeting at the beach, because it seems that's what everyone does these days.
Right? Judging by the ads I used to read, you'd think there would be mass breakouts of weddings at all the local sporting events, museums and the observed story when a meteor shower happens since everyone allegedly lives for that stuff. Nope. Parents holding their kid's hands and little else.

I was reading a blog a few days back and it seems like "like to hike/ski/snowboard" guy gets his profile parroted by women who think that sounds cool and that's that. Otherwise, everyone should have paired up and online dating shut its doors by now...

Old 02-05-2017, 06:27 AM

251 posts, read 188,542 times
OP, I am a widow and have just started dating again. It's hard, no one is my husband and no one is going to compare to your lovely wife so you have to stop looking for her. You're never going to find someone just like her but you can find someone else who you can connect with in a completely different way. Good luck.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:53 AM

113 posts, read 85,865 times
I agree LOL. I've viewed so many male dating ads that almost all have the same and the guys' all seem to have the same personality....

"I like to stay active by doing Cross Fit, Rugged Man, and yoga so it's important that you are active too (basically they are saying no overweight women but skinny non athletic women of course are still checked off as a preference lol....). My friends describe me as fun and laid back. I enjoy traveling and cooking on my grill. I'm looking for a girl who is beautiful inside and out who can go from wearing jeans to a little black dress."

That seems to be how men in my area are in their 20s-30s. It's all basically the same guy.

What attracted to me to the guy I started dating was that he mainly just spoke about his job and interesting places he has traveled to (Korea, Kuwait, Columbia etc.). It was refreshing.

I asked him how he found me on online and why he messaged me.He said I showed up along with other women as a small thumbnail but that he clicked on me because he loved my username (it was a very specific name based off an episode of a cartoon that typically don't watch), that he saw I had a sense of humor (I basically lied in the about me by saying the above thing that most men say about themselves and he laughed about it), was beautiful (I awwwed when he said that on our 2nd or 3rd date), and marked conservative as my political views LOL. He told me something interesting too. He said he typically doesn't message women first and waits for them to do it. I was surprised because I thought it was the opposite.

Anyway we actually have walked on the beach 3x but I live 1 block from the beach lol.... I guess technically we weren't on the sand but on the walking path on the beach

Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Too funny. I was born and raised at the southern California beach. On our first date my wife and I DID walk on the central California beach at the beautiful 17 Mile Drive in Carmel and Pebble Beach, CA (https://www.pebblebeach.com/17-mile-drive/. We somewhat replicated that day on our 5th anniversary. It was a beautiful start to a wonderful and lasting relationship. Prosaically enough, we met IRL so no lies as "hooks."

Old 02-05-2017, 09:23 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
My wife died of cancer. And I am not ready to date, just trying to see what I will be up against and find some humor because crying sucks.

I think 'walks on the beach" should be understood as a euphemism for someone who enjoys the quiet intimate moments of just two people together without others. Its those intimate moments together that we always remember. But its too long to say that so they just say walks on the beach. People can have that same moment and feeling just about anywhere. Its about the moment, not the location.
I'm sorry for your loss mate and going by your posts I'm sure when the time comes that you're ready to date again you'll be fine

Take care mate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships