Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 12:41 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
Oh, then in all honesty, and this will prolly upset some people, I'd consider apologizing to him in private. He's doing what he can to show who is the more important woman in the apartment to him, while not being rude to a guest and catching up with a friend. Then again, I'm a dude, so what do I know? The earlier posts made it seem like he was just being dense/rude/scheming.
Just to get a man's perspective here who feels for the bf; you obviously also think it is harmless.

If you were the bf - would you also have reacted the way he did when confronted? And if so, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 12:42 PM

151 posts, read 125,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I'm sorry, who's home is this?

I can't imagine anyone who would allow a guest into their mutual space without consulting their cohabiting partner.

So am I to assume this is his home and you are a guest that has been staying there for 3 years?

No. We found the apartment together, we signed the lease together, we moved in together. It's our home.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Just to get a man's perspective here who feels for the bf; you obviously also think it is harmless.

If you were the bf - would you also have reacted the way he did when confronted? And if so, why?

No, I wouldn't have. First of all, I wouldn't have stayed three hours with that girl in the living room talking til 1am. I know that that's inappropriate, especially considering that my gf literally JUST came back home after not seeing each other for two months. I would have listened to the concerns and would have apologized.
Actually, that one time a few years ago, my bf was jealous of a male friend (that he didn't know yet back then) of mine who stopped by at the apartment after work one time, we had a beer together and he left before my bf came home, and the guy accidentally left his sweater here, so my boyfriend got kinda pissed about it. I totally understood what it might look like for him, even though absolutely nothing happened, I totally got that he was mad. I apologized and told him that he has nothing to worry about, and I made sure he meets that guy and gets to know him. I did not get mad and told him he has a bad attitude, and I didn't started ignoring him like he's doing now with me.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerashes View Post
No, I wouldn't have. First of all, I wouldn't have stayed three hours with that girl in the living room talking til 1am. I know that that's inappropriate, especially considering that my gf literally JUST came back home after not seeing each other for two months. I would have listened to the concerns and would have apologized.
Actually, that one time a few years ago, my bf was jealous of a male friend (that he didn't know yet back then) of mine who stopped by at the apartment after work one time, we had a beer together and he left before my bf came home, and the guy accidentally left his sweater here, so my boyfriend got kinda pissed about it. I totally understood what it might look like for him, even though absolutely nothing happened, I totally got that he was mad. I apologized and told him that he has nothing to worry about, and I made sure he meets that guy and gets to know him. I did not get mad and told him he has a bad attitude, and I didn't started ignoring him like he's doing now with me.
I meant Augiec

Old 02-02-2017, 12:49 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
No. We found the apartment together, we signed the lease together, we moved in together. It's our home.
Then how do you explain your boyfriend treating you like a paying lodger?

Ever wonder if this would have happened if you'd been married?

Old 02-02-2017, 01:02 PM

5,737 posts, read 4,692,864 times
My advice:

Give it right back to her and mark your territory.

Don't leave her alone with your bf. Stay glued to your bf's side. Don't be nice to her. Make her feel uncomfortable.

Have tons of loud sex with your bf. Make sure she knows whats going on and can hear it. Do it constantly.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Then how do you explain your boyfriend treating you like a paying lodger?

Ever wonder if this would have happened if you'd been married?

No idea. I mean, as I said, in general I wouldn't even mind if he doesn't ask me if a friend can stay. We were always like this- Last year one of my girlfriends stayed with us for three days and I was just a week before that like 'Hey babe XX is staying with us next weekend, just so you know' and he's the same. No problem at all. But she's so disrespectful I think, I just feel like she wants to be here with him alone. I really actually wonder how long she would stay if I wasn't here.

And marriage, well. That's actually another thing- We've been together for over four years and no proposal yet. He's 32, turning 33 this year, old enough IMO. We've talked about it and he doesn't care about marriage. For him, it's just a piece of paper. He said he'd do it for me though because he really wants to be with me. That was fine for me. I want marriage but I don't need a big wedding. But a few months ago he was still like 'We don't have to get married now'. If it's still too soon after over four years, when will be the right time? After that nothing, no mentioning of ever getting married, or a proposal, or anything. I often kinda feel like it will never happen. I feel like he does really plan a future with me, like we often talk about moving somewhere else in the future, even concrete stuff etc. But sometimes it really concerns me that marriage still hasn't happened after all this time together, after me moving to his city for him and after him knowing that it's important to me.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
My advice:

Don't leave her alone with your bf. Stay glued to your bf's side. Don't be nice to her. Make her feel uncomfortable.

Have tons of loud sex with your bf. Make sure she knows whats going on and can hear it. Do it constantly.
I would not do the bolded but everything else. Kill her with friendliness and show her also how much you and your bf are in love (don't overdo it though). She will feel left out and leave soon.

Maybe even apologize to the bf to take the akwkwardness out of the current situation.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
My advice:

Too late, they left to the beach together half an hour ago. I mean I was invited but I really didn't want to go.
And I wish we had sex, seriously. We obviously didn't have sex for the two months I was gone, and we only had sex once since I'm back, that was the night I came back, a few hours before she arrived. Ever since, she's around all the time, and last night he talked alone to her til 1am, so no time to even try to have sex with him.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Too late, they left to the beach together half an hour ago. I mean I was invited but I really didn't want to go.
And I wish we had sex, seriously. We obviously didn't have sex for the two months I was gone, and we only had sex once since I'm back, that was the night I came back, a few hours before she arrived. Ever since, she's around all the time, and last night he talked alone to her til 1am, so no time to even try to have sex with him.
Is he usually very interested in sex? If so, once you two are on good terms again and she is still around - whisper something dirty in his ear and have him go to the bedroom with you. Have sex just loud enough for her to hear but without him getting suspicious.
Or early in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships