Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerashes View Post
Still in bed now and hearing her talk and giggle all the time, it's been 2.5 hours now since I went to bed. I'm so pissed.
I really would find a reason to go to the kitchen or something so they know you're awake. That's pretty ridiculous.

Next thing you know, "... one thing led to another..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 10:01 PM

151 posts, read 125,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I really would find a reason to go to the kitchen or something so they know you're awake. That's pretty ridiculous.

Next thing you know, "... one thing led to another..."

Took your advice and went to the kitchen (I have to enter the living room to get there). They literally didn't say a thing and just carried on with their conversation. I'm back in bed and I still hear them talk, doesn't seem like he's coming to bed anytime soon. I'm so close to losing it, but I'm really trying not to.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Is this the only time he acts this way? Does he ignore you when you two are around other friends?

Old 02-01-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Is this the only time he acts this way? Does he ignore you when you two are around other friends?
Like this it's definitely the only time. I mean he gets carried away in conversations with friends but he always knows when it's time to go, and he always asks me to come with him when he hangs out with his friends (must of them show up in couples anyways). Never had him sit in the living room with some girl while I've been literally 2.5-3 hours alone in the bedroom (especially considering that we didn't see each other for almost two months).

Old 02-01-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerashes View Post
Like this it's definitely the only time. I mean he gets carried away in conversations with friends but he always knows when it's time to go, and he always asks me to come with him when he hangs out with his friends (must of them show up in couples anyways).
Well, that's good.

As hard as it is, I would just try to go to sleep and then talk to him in the morning about how you feel. Unless you just want to go out there and make a scene!

It's weird, for sure, that this is the way things are happening, but you two have been together a long time. Hopefully it's just a weird series of events that all will be over soon.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Well, that's good.

As hard as it is, I would just try to go to sleep and then talk to him in the morning about how you feel. Unless you just want to go out there and make a scene!

It's weird, for sure, that this is the way things are happening, but you two have been together a long time. Hopefully it's just a weird series of events that all will be over soon.

Thanks, I hope so too. It's just so hurtful that apparently he rather spends alone time with her than with me, and that those two apparently have more to say to each other right now than him and I. I don't get it. I mean, we got up at 7am, had breakfast with her, after that she was even next to us in our bed in our bedroom to watch a movie, then we had lunch together, then we went for a long hike together, hung out all afternoon and evening, had dinner together, had a few drinks together, isn't that enough? Is it too much to expect him to come to bed with me instead of being with her for HOURS in the living room, after we already hang out with her for 15+ hours today? You're right, I should try to sleep though. Let's see if I can.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:23 PM

Good luck!

FWIW, you're not crazy, if that's what you were wondering.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:24 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I have a lot of women friends.... I will admit that it can be a litle awkward when I was actually in a relationship and they either didn't already know my circle of friends or not used to that type of situation. I went out of my way to not only include my GF with everything but to assure her that she has a special place in my life... If I they were still having the feelings you are experiencing, I would want to know... regardless if she felt embarrassed or overreacting. Its the only way to stop such feelings from festering and causing other problems. What you are feeling is absolutely natural.. human reaction.

In due time, things settled down and everything just feels normal... they usually get along with everyone.

With that said....

I don't think any of my friends would have felt comfortable crashing at my place (and your place) without making sure it was ok with you first. Especially when you don't get to spend time with him for long periods of time. Especially since you haven't met.

I don't think any of my friends purposely try to exclude you or avoid interacting with you. Yeh.. they can be intimidating at times but they always to open up to people that are important to me.... never try to get in between.

I wouldn't put pass my friends to try to kick my a$$ for letting my GF go off to bed without me... 2.5 hours while you in bed "waiting"... no freakin way.

I know its not much advice... but I think you should talk to him... probably when she is not around.. early morning.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:26 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
You need to communicate with your boyfriend. His behavior is unacceptable. The chica needs to get the boot immediately. If he declines, you need to decide if you want to spend the rest of your life being the third wheel.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:37 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times
Shug you need to tell your boyfriend to "come to bed" I wouldn't hesitate at all.

From the instance the "friend" turned a cold shoulder to you, you should have pointedly asked her how long she is staying, heck you still have time to ask her now. Then you get your boyfriend and tell him the chick has to go.

You're working internationally, you've just arrived home, you're tired, you want alone time with your man, well you should feel every bit emboldened to demand that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships