Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 10:32 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's really disappointing.

Welp, I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt about as much as I can. If he is willingly being this obtuse, I think you're within your rights to spend today packing up some stuff and going to a hotel.

It could be a wake-up call for him, or it could give him the opening he needs to say, "Listen, we need to talk about what I've been doing and feeling while you've been gone ...."

I certainly would NOT be around as an observer of their antics tonight.
yeah, you won't be able to hide your feelings. Even if you don't say anything, it will be written all over your face. He will be annoyed about it and she will feel the power and makes it even worse with exaggerated behavior. If you stay, you will have another fight. If you hide in the bedroom - same thing.
And - don't stay and drink your anger away - this will backfire big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 10:33 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
So she should leave until???? The girl has no departure date.

Who's name is on the lease?

I wouldn't leave without explicitly telling him we are through. But I'm really bad in situations like this, my temper gets the better of me.

"I don't just burn my bridges, I nuke them. That way people know I take my crazy seriously."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

I wouldn't leave without explicitly telling him we are through. But I'm really bad in situations like this, my temper gets the better of me.
She doesn't need to MOVE out, but she should not be there when he gets home from the beach.

I would make plans for a night out or just treat myself to a nice hotel. When I came back in the morning, I probably would take Ms. Heifer aside and tell her that BF and I had some things to work out and it's time for her to GTFO.

At that point, I would make a scene.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 AM

151 posts, read 125,252 times
Quote:
That's really disappointing.

Welp, I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt about as much as I can. If he is willingly being this obtuse, I think you're within your rights to spend today packing up some stuff and going to a hotel.

It could be a wake-up call for him, or it could give him the opening he needs to say, "Listen, we need to talk about what I've been doing and feeling while you've been gone ...."

I certainly would NOT be around as an observer of their antics tonight.

He seemed to be super excited about me coming back, I mean before I got back we skyped and messaged each other every single day, I don't think his feelings for me have changed, I just think he maybe enjoys the attention and really doesn't understand what is appropriate and what isn't, which is unacceptable. For now I'm gonna stay at the apartment, don't wanna go to a hotel yet, but for sure I'm not going to sit next to them third wheeling them (ok to be fair, he didn't make me feel like a third wheel yesterday til I went to bed and he didn't follow me, but she did the entire day), so instead I'm just getting some work done.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:36 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerashes View Post
He seemed to be super excited about me coming back, I mean before I got back we skyped and messaged each other every single day, I don't think his feelings for me have changed, I just think he maybe enjoys the attention and really doesn't understand what is appropriate and what isn't, which is unacceptable. For now I'm gonna stay at the apartment, don't wanna go to a hotel yet, but for sure I'm not going to sit next to them third wheeling them (ok to be fair, he didn't make me feel like a third wheel yesterday til I went to bed and he didn't follow me, but she did the entire day), so instead I'm just getting some work done.
That's fine. You know the situation better than we do.

You also have 4 years with him under your belt. You have to get through to him somehow.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:

"I don't just burn my bridges, I nuke them. That way people know I take my crazy seriously."
she won't leave until she got what she came for. And if OP asks her in front of the BF he will get mad about it. Guaranteed.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 AM

151 posts, read 125,252 times
Quote:

Both of our names are on the lease. Usually I don't mind a friend of his staying with us, I've also had friends of mine (only girls though) stay with us for like 2-3 days but this is different. It's really hard for me to stay calm through all this. He just thinks I'm exaggerating. Don't wanna move out yet though, I still hope she will just leave in a day or two and he will talk about this without getting angry.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
That's fine. You know the situation better than we do.

You also have 4 years with him under your belt. You have to get through to him somehow.
Maybe go visit some family/friends and leave them alone until she is gone? You have been gone for so long, it is a justified move without seeming you are running away. Act all lovey dovey and tell him your friend/mom just called and invited you over. Ask him if he is coming with you or if the friend is staying throughout the weekend.

This will mean they will either shack up while you are gone. Or not. She will be happy you are gone and tries to make a move on him and he either realizes you are right and throws her out. Or they will have sex and you'll find out once you return.

What do you think, Wmsn4life? Bad idea?

Old 02-02-2017, 10:47 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerashes View Post
Both of our names are on the lease. Usually I don't mind a friend of his staying with us, I've also had friends of mine (only girls though) stay with us for like 2-3 days but this is different. It's really hard for me to stay calm through all this. He just thinks I'm exaggerating. Don't wanna move out yet though, I still hope she will just leave in a day or two and he will talk about this without getting angry.

It's a difficult situation. I'm not sure what advice is appropriate in this situation. I would not give her the satisfaction of losing my cool or leaving (probably).

It's hard because we have no idea what he is like normally.

If you just waltz back in there like you two aren't arguing "So what time are we leaving for the beach?" will he treat you decently if you go with them? How do you feel about someone who wouldn't?

This really sucks.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-02-2017, 10:47 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
So you're gonna stay on the merry-go-round, keep wishing and hoping, and going around in circles.

Okay.

Good luck with all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships