Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,965,507 times

Advertisements

I didn't read all 23 pages of posts but I think the first thing I would like to know is if the symbol really IS supposed to be a Nazi swastika because there are other symbols (the Buddhist 'swastika' for instance) that are similar. And wasn't this just a quick glance as she bent over - perhaps in the bending the picture could have been slightly skewed? And were the lines all going in the correct direction to be the wrong swastika - they are sort of reversed - but if only seen for a few seconds the mind might make an understandable mistake. This girl could be quite the opposite of a Nazi.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49337086@N07/4525274963 (site showing Buddhist and Nazi swastikas side by side).

Old 02-06-2017, 08:57 PM

15,053 posts, read 10,043,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I didn't read all 23 pages of posts but I think the first thing I would like to know is if the symbol really IS supposed to be a Nazi swastika because there are other symbols (the Buddhist 'swastika' for instance) that are similar. And wasn't this just a quick glance as she bent over - perhaps in the bending the picture could have been slightly skewed? And were the lines all going in the correct direction to be the wrong swastika - they are sort of reversed - but if only seen for a few seconds the mind might make an understandable mistake. This girl could be quite the opposite of a Nazi.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49337086@N07/4525274963 (site showing Buddhist and Nazi swastikas side by side).
Read through the thread. It is a Swastika of the Nazi variety.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:09 AM

195 posts, read 160,783 times
I think we should wait to see what else the OP says. How can someone say their views don't change from their teens to 30's? She could be a loving nurturing woman. And really, how likely is it that a woman would be okay with genocide and killing others?

Old 02-07-2017, 04:15 AM

345 posts, read 275,482 times
The privilege within this thread is palpable.

Nazis should not be normalized. Many teenagers are angry; MOST don't get the quintessential symbol of 20th century genocide, hate, and murder tattooed on their body. It IS a big deal whether or not he is going to marry her or just bang her.

Once upon a time, in my lifetime, NeoNazis were on the fringe of society. You could spot them by the shoelaces they wore in their Doc Martens and the way they dressed and spoke. Now we have POSes like Richard Spencer walking around in $2000 suits and GQ haircuts. We are calling them the "alt-right" instead of calling them racist pieces of garbage. I cannot believe that in the past month I have had to argue with people about why Dicky Spencer deserves to get punched every day of his life... but I have.

And now, because we are several generations removed from the Holocaust, we have a crop of 20-something dudes who think it's a-OK to date a former and probably not-so-former Nazi, and posters (one of whom is from frickin GERMANY FFS) making excuses like "oh people do dumb things as kids and tat removals is sups expensive!"

Stop normalizing it. There is nothing OK about having a swastika tattoo. This girl sounds like an idiot at best and a piece of garbage at worst.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:22 AM

345 posts, read 275,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
I think we should wait to see what else the OP says. How can someone say their views don't change from their teens to 30's? She could be a loving nurturing woman. And really, how likely is it that a woman would be okay with genocide and killing others?
Perhaps you should ask Magda Goebbels, or Leni Reifenstahl, or Sophie Scholl, or Hanna Reitsch.

And that's just one example of genocide. Google "women and Rwandan genocide."

I'm not sure why you think women could be any less capable of being hateful than men.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:38 AM

12 posts, read 7,756 times
I always find challenging and fun to try to change other people opinions, so hey, maybe you will too. Try to talk to her and decide if she is a person able to reconsider her beliefs. If you think she is, and you like her, it is worth trying.
If you realize she is actually a nazi fanatic, and you can not live with that, just give up.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:30 AM

2,664 posts, read 2,079,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Or Green Room and Imperium. See what she thinks. Or, better yet, skip the next date entirely.

Or become intimate while watching the "Pianist".

Old 02-07-2017, 10:47 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,263,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
100% this. As a person of color, it's immediately game over if I found out a guy I was seeing had a swastika tattoo. Any explanation would be disregarded.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about the people making excuses for this woman too....

As am I. You want to see someone's true colors (no pun intended), talk about race.

I used to like and respect one poster, but to type with a straight face that someone could forget that they have a tattoo because other people cannot see it? That person is reaching - which makes me wonder why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
The privilege within this thread is palpable.

Nazis should not be normalized. Many teenagers are angry; MOST don't get the quintessential symbol of 20th century genocide, hate, and murder tattooed on their body. It IS a big deal whether or not he is going to marry her or just bang her.

Once upon a time, in my lifetime, NeoNazis were on the fringe of society. You could spot them by the shoelaces they wore in their Doc Martens and the way they dressed and spoke. Now we have POSes like Richard Spencer walking around in $2000 suits and GQ haircuts. We are calling them the "alt-right" instead of calling them racist pieces of garbage. I cannot believe that in the past month I have had to argue with people about why Dicky Spencer deserves to get punched every day of his life... but I have.

And now, because we are several generations removed from the Holocaust, we have a crop of 20-something dudes who think it's a-OK to date a former and probably not-so-former Nazi, and posters (one of whom is from frickin GERMANY FFS) making excuses like "oh people do dumb things as kids and tat removals is sups expensive!"

Stop normalizing it. There is nothing OK about having a swastika tattoo. This girl sounds like an idiot at best and a piece of garbage at worst.
This. Just.... this. 100%.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:09 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,328,706 times
No. Absolutely not!
Anything remotely racist/anti-semitic is a huge red flag. Dump her. Like yesterday.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:37 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,351,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
As am I. You want to see someone's true colors (no pun intended), talk about race.

I used to like and respect one poster, but to type with a straight face that someone could forget that they have a tattoo because other people cannot see it? That person is reaching - which makes me wonder why.

This. Just.... this. 100%.
Their shoulders must be dislocated from all that reaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.