Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:38 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

It's the male equivalent of women/girls who say they were abused/mistreated by every boyfriend they ever had. I won't even have these types as friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 11:49 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
I concur with everyone else. I'd pass, since you shouldn't be labeling ex's as psychos anyways. I've had one ex that is described as crazy by my friends, but I just say she had crazy moments. The rest of my ex's have been rather pleasant. We just broke up due to our lives going in different directions. That male or female who says that all their ex's are crazy is not the person I want to get to know from a relationship standpoint or even a friendship standpoint. There's generally some toxicity that follows them every where they go.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:51 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It's the male equivalent of women/girls who say they were abused/mistreated by every boyfriend they ever had. I won't even have these types as friends.
I hear ya. I no longer care to be around people (women) who start off an acquaintance by telling me they've had a series of abusive relationships and/or their family is so effed up. I just don't want to hear their drama.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:59 AM

13 posts, read 11,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I hate to say it, but this time YOU may be the psycho in question. He seems to enjoy characterizing women that way, anyway.

Although... it wasn't exactly sane or smart for you to involve your child with this man in the first month of meeting him, was it?
what makes me the psycho?

and things just moved quickly with us, i felt it was safe to let my son know who i am dating.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:02 PM

13 posts, read 11,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Did you Google it, like I said? There are pages of articles that tell you "why."
Yes I did. I think people can be dealt a bad hand. But it does make me scratch my head that he's had "so many" psycho exes.

Im by no means a "normal" girl. I have my baggage and my issues. I don't cheat or anything like that. Im loyal and faithful. But I do have my baggage. I wouldnt be what you call "the girl next door." IF he really is a snake or anything of the sort, maybe he's attracted to me because I may be "dysfunctional" similarly to him? I dont know.. He just seems like a really nice guy and Ive been starving for a man to treat me right for so long..

Old 02-02-2017, 12:13 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
So is the op asking if she herself is perceived to be in the same vain as the psychos? I mean if you were to go talk to his exes would they have any self awareness that they are indeed psychos. Is an interesting paradox.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:19 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennamcclain View Post

and things just moved quickly with us, i felt it was safe to let my son know who i am dating.
And now you see you were wrong.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:20 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
The common denominator in a string of bad relationships is the one person to whom the bad things keeps happening.

In this case, it's him.

From his perspective, it might one day be you, as you do ID yourself as having a hx of "ugly dating."

Anyhow, I wouldn't be so alarmed about the crazy exes as I would be about him.

Buyer, beware.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:43 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
I started dating this guy. I have an ugly history with dating. I just seem to always fall for the players and jerks

I met this guy who Ive been seeing for over a month now and things seem to be going good. Hes a nice guy who actually seems like he's going to give me the love I know I deserve. I can be a bit superficial, but while he's not the "hottest" guy in my book, I love what he offers me. My goal is to settle down with a guy and that seems to be in his plans too. He seems like he genuinely cares about me. It's just...different from what I'm used to. Seems like a breath of fresh air. He has a a young daughter, and I have a young son. Our kids already get along well.

One thing rung a bell though. We were recently on a date and we were talking about our pasts and our past relationships. We were on the topic of exes, and he said about one of his exes (in passing) "yeah she came back and spray-painted my house." I said "what?" And he said, "Ahh.. I've had many psycho exes, i dont know how or why i always attracted them"

I thought it was weird and by the time I was about to interject, it was too late because he was already talking about something else. I just wanted to know, why? I still may ask him, but I would like advice from people on here if a statement like that is a red flag.
So you know you go for bad guys yet you introduce your child to a new man immediately?

This is the biggest red flag that I see here.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:53 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:

What makes you the psycho? You'll have your answer after the two of you part ways. If he self-proclaims that all his exes are psychos, then basically, you're the next one in line to receive that characterization.

I really wish single parents were more careful and thoughtful about protecting their own child(ren).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships