Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 01:01 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerInstinct View Post
I am giving more reasons why I shouldnt approach girl plus you made is sound like something is wrong with me but its called social anxiety, she on the other hand isnt normal either since she physically assaulted someone and yes people sometimes still keep theie jobs even if its a physical fight
Just asking here but is social anxiety an actual recognised medical condition and you've been diagnosed with it? Or a convenient excuse?

Thank you

Plus you haven't answered why she grabbed the other persons wrist? Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 01:07 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerInstinct View Post
I am giving more reasons why I shouldnt approach girl plus you made is sound like something is wrong with me but its called social anxiety, she on the other hand isnt normal either since she physically assaulted someone and yes people sometimes still keep theie jobs even if its a physical fight
You are still talking nonsense talk. No one thinks it's a good idea to approach this girl, now that we are aware of your condition. So we don't need any more reasons from you.

Then you describe an incident you observed that has nothing to do with your problem. I am not sure why.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:12 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are still talking nonsense talk. No one thinks it's a good idea to approach this girl, now that we are aware of your condition. So we don't need any more reasons from you.

Then you describe an incident you observed that has nothing to do with your problem. I am not sure why.
Exactly. The OP was all about this woman he works with and he thinks she's beautiful and she's said hi to him and smiles but he won't make eye contact, do we think he should talk to her. Now it's all about she's a terrible person and a violent assaulter, and his mom says she's making fun of him. This whole situation seems totally legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Just asking here but is social anxiety an actual recognised medical condition and you've been diagnosed with it? Or a convenient excuse?
Sounds more like this:

Avoidant personality disorder

Cluster C comprises avoidant, dependent, and anankastic personality disorders. People with avoidant PD believe that they are socially inept, unappealing, or inferior, and constantly fear being embarrassed, criticized, or rejected. They avoid meeting others unless they are certain of being liked, and are restrained even in their intimate relationships. Avoidant PD is strongly associated with anxiety disorders, and may also be associated with actual or felt rejection by parents or peers in childhood. Research suggests that people with avoidant PD excessively monitor internal reactions, both their own and those of others, which prevents them from engaging naturally or fluently in social situations. A vicious circle takes hold in which the more they monitor their internal reactions, the more inept they feel; and the more inept they feel, the more they monitor their internal reactions.

Quote:

Another excuse or justification from him not approaching her perhaps

Old 02-06-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Sounds more like this:

Avoidant personality disorder

Cluster C comprises avoidant, dependent, and anankastic personality disorders. People with avoidant PD believe that they are socially inept, unappealing, or inferior, and constantly fear being embarrassed, criticized, or rejected. They avoid meeting others unless they are certain of being liked, and are restrained even in their intimate relationships. Avoidant PD is strongly associated with anxiety disorders, and may also be associated with actual or felt rejection by parents or peers in childhood. Research suggests that people with avoidant PD excessively monitor internal reactions, both their own and those of others, which prevents them from engaging naturally or fluently in social situations. A vicious circle takes hold in which the more they monitor their internal reactions, the more inept they feel; and the more inept they feel, the more they monitor their internal reactions.
That part sounds SPOT ON!

Thank you my love for posting that

Old 02-06-2017, 01:35 PM

186 posts, read 128,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Exactly. The OP was all about this woman he works with and he thinks she's beautiful and she's said hi to him and smiles but he won't make eye contact, do we think he should talk to her. Now it's all about she's a terrible person and a violent assaulter, and his mom says she's making fun of him. This whole situation seems totally legit.
It means I have mix feelings about her, I find her attractive and something we have in common is that we are both vegetarians but she is way more outgoing and way more attractive plus people who say its not a big deal to talk to her dont understand what its like to have social anxiety. I was already bad aa a kid, now its worse, I sometimes physically shake and breathing and heart beat get faster and that happens when being around people and seeing them stare at me. I only have 1 friend in life but I dont see him since I live in another state so I am alone all the time. She is on another level. I dont want to embarrass myself or her.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:36 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,827 times
Out of curiosity, how old are you? You also may want to consider cutting Mom's apron strings, she sounds a little too involved in your personal life.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:41 PM

What medications are you taking for your illness, or what sort of regular therapy do you receive? They don't seem to be working so I would consult with your mental health caregiver to try a new approach.

If you come back here and tell us that you are wandering through this personal hell on earth that is your life without proper psychiatric treatment, we are all going to get even more frustrated with you.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Out of curiosity, how old are you? You also may want to consider cutting Mom's apron strings, she sounds a little too involved in your personal life.
He's my age mate at 32
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships