Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 08:13 PM

6 posts, read 4,748 times

Advertisements

That is partially true I am in a way dependent on him because I work in the small little mom and pop grocery store that he owns....I don't get paid in money working there I how I pay my way as he would say...but I'm also raising his 13 yr old daughter who is equally as disrespectful but she grew up without her mother because she walked out when she was a baby... So not only am I dependent I feel kind of obligated...but I'm thinking it's about time and I've had just about enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 08:16 PM

169 posts, read 115,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sben326 View Post
That is partially true I am in a way dependent on him because I work in the small little mom and pop grocery store that he owns....I don't get paid in money working there I how I pay my way as he would say...but I'm also raising his 13 yr old daughter who is equally as disrespectful but she grew up without her mother because she walked out when she was a baby... So not only am I dependent I feel kind of obligated...but I'm thinking it's about time and I've had just about enough
Wow. Slave labor too. Please DO leave him. I actually worry about your girls. Leave him for their sake, please.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
You're so right... He does believe he can do what he wants to me and I'll never leave because he has outright said it... I told him if I had ever found out he cheated if be out and he said with a chuckle no you won't you're never going anywhere... Huh wow hearing myself say that as I type this I'm realizing how pathetic I am... I mostly stay because my girls love him a he's the only father they know... I grew up most of my life without mine and he was extremely abusive to me as my mother and my other siblings up until he left and never came back... I guess honestly all I've ever known is abuse... Wow I'm realizing how dysfunctional I am... I think it's about time I reevaluate my life as the people I'm going to have in it
The fact that he said this to you and you are still there means he is right. You will stay no matter what. No matter if he continues to abuse and then moves onto your daughters - you will stay. I feel for your daughters. You are supposed to protect them. My guess is you won't.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
And PA has no resources at all for abused women, I guess.

What do I know - I'm from IL.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:47 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Do not get married!

Old 02-03-2017, 09:12 PM

197 posts, read 232,330 times
As a former professional that dealt with Domestic Violence, I am telling you this is not a good situation. He already put his hands on you, in time it will happen more and more, followed by him being sorry and saying he will change, only to repeat. Its hard I know, but get through the pain of leaving him now. Later it will be much harder and potentially dangerous to you and your family. As you read this, you know what I am saying is true even though you don't want to believe it. In time you will look back and thank yourself for being strong now.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:28 PM

6 posts, read 4,748 times
Default Cheryjohns

I may be ****ty at standing up for myself and I take a lot of **** and abuse towards me but you are so wron when you say I wouldn't protect my kids... That is the one thing I have as always will do... But in a way I do understand why you say this because if I'm going to allow this to happen to me why wouldn't I allow it to happen to them... I'm taking in everything everyone here is saying... And you're all right I need to start figuring **** out so I can make sure me and my babies are ok

Old 02-03-2017, 09:30 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
If you didn't leave for all the other stuff, you won't leave him now.

Your choice, don't complain.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-03-2017, 09:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
If anyone has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. Let me start by saying there is a bit of an age difference between me and my fiancé I'm 27 and he's 38 and our relationship was rough for awhile last yr he has always made sexual comments about other women and he was very disrespectful towards me for a while there calling me names an putting me down but I chose to stay and we got through it even after he put his hands on me... But he started making comments about my younger sister that I laughed off at first he would say how she's his number 2 an she got some big boobs and at some point I had gotten sick of it and tore Into him telling him how it was disrespectful to me and that it hurt me an he had stopped for a while anyway... But after a few month he started with it again but this time the "jokes" were worse than before... She's pregnant now and he keeps joking that she's pregnant with his baby and that if my mom was hot he'd put a baby in her too... At first I laughed but it seems to have become a constant every day thing an it's really just too much...he just laughs about it.. How doesn't he see the pain in my eyes... I'm really starting to think he has some hidden desire to sleep with my sister or he want her baby to be his... SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME before I lose my mind!!!! THANK YOU
Gross. He sounds like a scumbag. Who even says those things to someone they supposedly love?

To answer your question, you aren't crazy, and his "desire" isn't even hidden.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:34 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
I may be ****ty at standing up for myself and I take a lot of **** and abuse towards me but you are so wron when you say I wouldn't protect my kids... That is the one thing I have as always will do... But in a way I do understand why you say this because if I'm going to allow this to happen to me why wouldn't I allow it to happen to them... I'm taking in everything everyone here is saying... And you're all right I need to start figuring **** out so I can make sure me and my babies are ok

I sincerely hope you are right. I have no faith in you, based on your past with him. I would be most happy if you proved me wrong. Now go do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships