Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:36 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,396,393 times

Advertisements

At the very worst there is always March 14th. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 09:00 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,678,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I found a website for something called a "man crate." Basically it's a rustic gift box for a man filled with things like jerky, BBQ stuff, etc. it's kind of overpriced, but it might give you additional gift basket ideas (or if you want to spend the money and like the manly crate with crowbar idea, get the man crate).
Mancrates.com is awesome! I've got my husband some pretty cool gifts from there in the past. After only 6 dates I wouldn't recommend it for the OP though. Too expensive this early on!

Old 02-06-2017, 09:16 PM

352 posts, read 233,142 times
Beer!

Old 02-06-2017, 10:38 PM

2,702 posts, read 1,821,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut4sweets View Post
Your gift basket is very sweet and thoughtful, so he'll appreciate and enjoy it!
I think so too. Very thoughtful.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:46 PM

2,702 posts, read 1,821,244 times
My husband is easy. He likes chocolate. The only decision is whether to buy chocolate or make something homemade. A card or love letter for sure.

Actually, I'd love to hire a personal chef to prepare us both a fantastic meal at home but that's pricey and too short of notice at this point. I might do that for our anniversary because my husband hates to eat out.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:54 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,309,994 times
We go pretty light on Valentine's Day, because it comes right on the heels of my birthday and our wedding anniversary, which we go all out for.

The gift basket is cute.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:34 PM

102,075 posts, read 107,051,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCollie View Post
I'm really bad at gift giving especially on Valentine's Day (I only had 1 Valentine's Day where I wasn't single). This is the guy I have gone out on 6 dates with in just a bit over a week. He is gone this week for a skiing trip with friends but we have a date the day after he comes back. Again we have seen each other every other day or so.

He made a reservation at a nice restaurant. I figure he will just do something like flowers and chocolate which I like (I'm traditional). I don't want to give him something safe (like just giving him a cute mug with chocolates in it). I was thinking of putting together a bag of things I know he needs but it's really random (SPF 70 spray, Tend Skin for shaving, and a keychain from a place where we had 1 of the best dates of my life along with Hershey Hugs and Kisses). Does that seem good or too impersonal? I'm adding a card to it.
Cook his favorite dish for dinner.
If there's any baked treats he likes, make some for him, packaged in a box or a V-Day gift bag.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:20 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,469,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Mancrates.com is awesome! I've got my husband some pretty cool gifts from there in the past. After only 6 dates I wouldn't recommend it for the OP though. Too expensive this early on!
Yeah, very expensive for dating as short of a time they are, but she could get some ideas from it (like getting a heart shaped box and filling it full of jerky (they had that on the site for about $35, but I bet home made it would be half that price).

Old 02-07-2017, 11:52 AM

11,583 posts, read 6,678,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Yeah, very expensive for dating as short of a time they are, but she could get some ideas from it (like getting a heart shaped box and filling it full of jerky (they had that on the site for about $35, but I bet home made it would be half that price).

That's an awesome idea! You can totally make some of those yourself for WAY cheaper!~

Old 02-07-2017, 11:58 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,108,914 times
If you asked my brother what he wants for gifts, he would say car parts.

If you asked my friend Chris, he would say, guitar or amplifier accessories.

If you asked my friend Mikee what he wanted, he would say books, music, music, or books.

My point is that every guy is different so, what one guy likes will not be what another guy likes. Same thing for women. Some women want or expect jewelry while others just want a chocolate bar while still others are satisfied with just being remembered with a handmade card.

You know this guy way more than anyone here, so you'll need to choose something based on his individual tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships