U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 12:01 PM

378 posts, read 299,855 times

Advertisements

Since I've posted before about dating. I just want to know a few things because apparently I'm oblivious as to how to date. All my ex's and dates I've always had constant contact texting, calling, hanging out. This new woman I'm dating we've gone on 7 dates now in a month. Which is a lot to some but not a lot to me. She wants to take things super slow.....we've had sex and things have slowed down to the point where's there's barely any texting, no more snapchats, and one date a week which is fine except it feels weird to me. Is it because I'm to anxious? Why do I feel like things have changed? When we do hang out we kiss and hold hands and hug.

Is this how dating is? Am I supposed to feel like I'm bugging her to hang out once a week?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 01:10 PM

1,265 posts, read 808,462 times
You're newness has worn off already. Are you even engaging her or are you just waiting for her to contact you?

Old 02-16-2017, 01:17 PM

887 posts, read 464,612 times
I think you started off way too quickly, and now she probably wants to take things slower, which it sounds like she wanted to do in the first place. All you can do is ask her out and see what happens. Don't expect to text and talk constantly. Don't expect to hang out constantly either. If I was dating this would drive me crazy. My husband and I don't even talk constantly. If she likes you it will happen, and if she doesn't there is nothing you can do anything so don't worry about it too much.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:25 PM

14 posts, read 6,998 times
Not sure how your chemistry is when you are together but if it's good, then don't worry. Keep setting up dates and initiating contact by calling and texting her few times a week. If she likes you, she will continue to go on dates with you.

I've been going out with this guy for 5 weeks, 6 dates. He always initiates dates and contact which I like and prefer. We only meet once a week and talk 2-3x a week. I like slower pace... I work 40-50 hours a week and go to school part-time. I also have a life with friends/family. People are busy...

Old 02-16-2017, 01:31 PM

We have great chemistry, I text her sometimes. She rarely texts me it's cerrain times of the day. When we hang out we have a lot to talk about because we don't text constantly.

I guess I'm just not used to it. Because it feels like we aren't connected. That make sense? Texting each other a total of like 10 times during a week after dating for a month seems so little. A lot to some not a lot to me.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1987 View Post
We have great chemistry, I text her sometimes. She rarely texts me it's cerrain times of the day. When we hang out we have a lot to talk about because we don't text constantly.

I guess I'm just not used to it. Because it feels like we aren't connected. That make sense? Texting each other a total of like 10 times during a week after dating for a month seems so little. A lot to some not a lot to me.
Do you want to get serious with her? Have you had sex?

Old 02-16-2017, 01:43 PM

Yes we've had sex on the 3rd and 4th date and slept at her place. But she seems happy one date a week.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:53 PM

I totally get you. I feel the same way about the guy I'm dating. I don't really feel TRULY connected like I was with my ex. I'm happy with 1 date per week and talking 2-3x a week which means I'm not head over heels for this guy. I'm not 100% sure of his intentions as we haven't talked about exclusivity. I guess for me, I'm protecting my heart because I don't know him that well.

But who knows. You have to talk to her first. You're the guy so you need to initiate this type of talk in a non-clingy way.. if you get what I mean. Girls usually wait for that, you know.

Please realize.. she doesn't seem like a texter so don't text her this stuff.. don't text her too much either. Just talk in person.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:55 PM

16,464 posts, read 16,243,919 times
Are your texting habits more important to you than this girl is?

Old 02-16-2017, 02:19 PM

No, that's why I haven't texted her that much at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships