Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 03:15 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyosa View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth. This long distance reason is just their way of saying they really are not into you. And most likely have found another girl already.

That's it!!! Like my posted quote. This couple stayed married for 20(!!) years! In spite of long distance!!! 5 hours by plane away is NO joke!!! But they stayed married!! Why? Because the guy is into the girl!!

So you women in self denial or in delusion that they were the one... LOL. Ok. Move on! Unless you're a drama queen which of course you all are.
Well that certainly qualifies you to give advice to a woman.

Light and Love, he may very well have been into you--sounds like he is. But, I think LD relationships can only work if there is a point in time that is meaningful to both of you that one of you will move. Otherwise you're both just spinning your wheels. I'm so sorry this didn't work out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 07:55 PM

1,158 posts, read 961,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vemureaux View Post
How do you go from "I love you, I want to marry you and have babies with you" to nothingness in a mere two months? Something just doesn't add up....
Maybe he met some else where he is living now? Sadly, the old phrase "out of sight out of mind" comes to mind.
Long distance relationships just don't work for some people.

A person that cannot maintain a commitment, work towards a goal or delay gratification does not make a good life partner. Although painful, it's better you found out now.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:41 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,897 times
Not everyone is cut out for a long distance relationship.It's even harder for you since it didn't start out like that and you had already invested time and emotions into the relationship.You will hurt for awhile but each day it will get better..a little at a time.Hang in there.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,127 times
Im actually going through the same exact thing you did right now. I am so beyond sorry for your loss. I know this was posted 9 years ago. I bet you felt so alone during that time. Ill share a bit of my story with you. This occurred in the beginning of jan 2017 and ended in the beginning of March 2017. He and I met through an rpg game and our group chat. He reached out to me first. I knew right from that moment, that he is my soul mate. The one i wasnt even looking for. That day, we started our own private chat. We talked for hours on the phone and never got tired of it and never ran out of things to talk about. It was out of this world amazing! He told me everything. He confided in me so deeply. We built such a strong and raw, soul baring emotional bond and love so quickly. He wrote me poems and won me over. I already knew i was in love with him within the first week or so. But I told myself no! Don't say it yet! Wait a bit longer and see if he says anything about it first. Within the 2 weeks we started talking, he confessed his love to me. It felt like my heart and soul was on fire! In a great way though. I said i love him back. From there, we built up what I thought was an unbreakable bond. He always sent me good morning and good night texts. He started calling me his beloved and I called him my love. He lives in NC and I live in MA. So everything seemed perfect. We did Netflix dates and texted and ate popcorn during the movies. We had our intimate times. We video chatted. We spent v day and my b day together via phone. He always made sure he went all out for our precious moments we shared. We had a similar life growing up. We always built each other up. He would tell me his version of a fairy tale about us, until I fell asleep. A beautiful rare gem of a man i found. He had planned to drive to me and stay for a couple weeks. He couldn't cuz his ex keeps dragging out the custody battle for their son, court costs lawyer etc. He already has custody of his 2 daughters. I sadly understood. A couple weeks go by and he finally says, the distance is just too much. I want to be able to be there for you in every way possible. But he couldn't right now. So we broke up even still knowing we still love each other. Which made it even more difficult. To this day, i feel as if im still mourning a death. Most excruciating break up ive ever been through. My 11 year relationship with my childrens dad didn't hurt this bad when he and i broke up. This thoroughly crushed me to the bone. I still cry every night for him. It feels like a kick to the gut , dying and breaking all at once. There is nothing any man can do to top my ldr ex. I don't know how to move on. Mainly i think its cuz i don't want to. I don't feel ready. Why did something so mind blowingly breathtaking have to be ripped from us and tragically end before we even truly had a chance to start?! I will never stop loving him. I don't know any other way. Im so broken and torn. So sick of the hurt.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:50 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
Actually 30 years ago before the internet, long distance relationships did work for 1 to 3 years while someone was in transition. And everyone had more morals. Now when someone gets lonely, they post a pic of their breast or penis and immorality comes calling in minutes if not seconds.

Just the facts.
Yeah.
It makes zero sense that someone with a defined time limit like 1.5 years broke up with someone they really saw a future with over temporary long distance.

I wonder what happened to op.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:50 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaStarr87 View Post
Im actually going through the same exact thing you did right now. I am so beyond sorry for your loss. I know this was posted 9 years ago. I bet you felt so alone during that time. Ill share a bit of my story with you. This occurred in the beginning of jan 2017 and ended in the beginning of March 2017. He and I met through an rpg game and our group chat. He reached out to me first. I knew right from that moment, that he is my soul mate. The one i wasnt even looking for. That day, we started our own private chat. We talked for hours on the phone and never got tired of it and never ran out of things to talk about. It was out of this world amazing! He told me everything. He confided in me so deeply. We built such a strong and raw, soul baring emotional bond and love so quickly. He wrote me poems and won me over. I already knew i was in love with him within the first week or so. But I told myself no! Don't say it yet! Wait a bit longer and see if he says anything about it first. Within the 2 weeks we started talking, he confessed his love to me. It felt like my heart and soul was on fire! In a great way though. I said i love him back. From there, we built up what I thought was an unbreakable bond. He always sent me good morning and good night texts. He started calling me his beloved and I called him my love. He lives in NC and I live in MA. So everything seemed perfect. We did Netflix dates and texted and ate popcorn during the movies. We had our intimate times. We video chatted. We spent v day and my b day together via phone. He always made sure he went all out for our precious moments we shared. We had a similar life growing up. We always built each other up. He would tell me his version of a fairy tale about us, until I fell asleep. A beautiful rare gem of a man i found. He had planned to drive to me and stay for a couple weeks. He couldn't cuz his ex keeps dragging out the custody battle for their son, court costs lawyer etc. He already has custody of his 2 daughters. I sadly understood. A couple weeks go by and he finally says, the distance is just too much. I want to be able to be there for you in every way possible. But he couldn't right now. So we broke up even still knowing we still love each other. Which made it even more difficult. To this day, i feel as if im still mourning a death. Most excruciating break up ive ever been through. My 11 year relationship with my childrens dad didn't hurt this bad when he and i broke up. This thoroughly crushed me to the bone. I still cry every night for him. It feels like a kick to the gut , dying and breaking all at once. There is nothing any man can do to top my ldr ex. I don't know how to move on. Mainly i think its cuz i don't want to. I don't feel ready. Why did something so mind blowingly breathtaking have to be ripped from us and tragically end before we even truly had a chance to start?! I will never stop loving him. I don't know any other way. Im so broken and torn. So sick of the hurt.

Did you have a face to face meeting/date?

Old 05-19-2017, 03:48 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
You have to mourn it as though it is actually a death--the death of your relationship. Don't try to get back together; even if you do, it will be temporary. I have been in a situation before, I won't say "the same," because it's always different. But, when it's done, it's done. And that sucks.

If you feel that you can stay friends without it hurting you, do so. Otherwise, don't.

Fill your life with friend time, and, more importantly, YOU time.

Work, hang out with friends, go to the spa...and if he chooses to, let him contact you, not the other way around. Decide, also, if you want to answer that phone call...or if you just let to want it ring, and ring, and ring...until he realizes what a dumb-a*s mistake he made letting you go.

I'm not necessarily advocating playing hard-to-get, just....well, if he already screw*d you over, it doesn't hurt.

xoxo hollygolightly

Yeah. You should make him work to get you back. If that's how you feel inclined. And if you don't feel inclined, that's more than A-OK too.

It hurts so bad, and I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It IS painful.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:28 PM

4 posts, read 3,015 times
For the right "Man" I'm sorry but career, or not I would've left to be with him. That's on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships