Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 372 times

Advertisements

Hi!
At this time, I just don't know what to think. Maybe I'm exaggerating.
Could you help me with your opinions?
The story is - I'm together with my boyfriend for almost 4 years now. We got together only 6 months after he got dumped by his ex, that he thought he really loved at the time.
We have a good relationship, he constantly reminds me how much he loves me, and I have never been worried about him cheating or anything like that.
But once I did catch a glimpse of him chatting with his ex on facebook. I decided to be a big girl and let it go - I understand that it's normal to be interested if that person is ok and happy.
But after a while I did the sneaky thing and went into his messages. (I really didn't want to do that, I know it's wrong. But I had a nagging feeling)
And I found out that he has been talking to her multiple times but with long breaks between them.
The thing that hurt me was that he sen't her a picture of a bracelet that he found under the bed. Apparently they had matching bracelets for both of them. He found it and sent her the picture.
Not one message was flirty and he didn't say anything about missing her. It was more of a hey, hows it going. And he did ask her if she's single now. He did mention that he's in a happy relationship.

After some time I saw him messaging her again. This time it looked like he had deleted a lot of the messages. So the next day I decided to have a talk with him. I confessed about going through his FB, and I told him that I'm worried.
He assured me that he they were close friends and it's difficult to just cut her out of his life. I did get angry and sad and he admitted that he feels it's better not to talk to her again.

But now, a good 7 months after that I saw that he has wished a happy Christmas, and again deleted some of the messages. What's the deal?
He constantly reminds me that he loves me and wants to marry me some day. I've met his parents, his ex didn't ever meet them. It seems that our relationship is strong, why does he have the need to communicate with her?

What I do know is that they had a messy break up, and that he had problems opening up to her and having a sexual relationship, he was always too nervous and I probably don't need to go into detail. We had the same problem at first but I found a way to connect with him and make him comfortable and now our sex life is wonderful. I don't know if that matters, maybe it's a guy thing and he want's to make sure she knows he's better off now. Really no idea.

Or maybe he still can't get her out of his head?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:58 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,755,770 times
We really can only guess, the only person who can answer your questions is him.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:59 AM

1,261 posts, read 976,230 times
Hes probably not over her. I want to say just be the best girlfriend ever so he doesn't want to think about her, but at 4 years, he should be in love with you enough to be over her. I'm usually about free will, but I would tell my girl, that's enough. Drop her now and you don't want to see him chatting with her again. If he cant do that, send him back to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships