Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which male body type do females find most attractive?
Bulky bodybuilder (e.g. Arnold Schwarzenegger) 10 12.50%
Skinny athlete (e.g. a marathon runner) 41 51.25%
Slightly portly and not necessarily athletic (e.g. George Lopez) 29 36.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthmeetsSouth View Post
I like a man that looks like a major appliance with a head on it... like Brian Dennehy.
Wow... wouldn't you like some neck after all?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 04:37 AM

33 posts, read 97,012 times
Here's my list... haha..

-tall
-tan
-muscular arms
-pecks
-good hygine
(a six pack is a plus but not a necessity... just NO man boobs) haha

But to be honest its not all about looks. My ex-boyfriend wasn't in the best shape, but OMG we had soo much fun together! Its just about the click that you have with someone that really counts. Looks are just a plus. My current boyfriend is aware that he is good looking, but he comes off cocky and that is such a huge turn-off. It really makes him look unattractive to me sometimes.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,090 times
I guess "skinny" athlete, out of those choices. My idea of skinny is a guy who is very thin & has little muscle. A slender guy who is athletic & has muscle tone will unlikely look "skinny" to me, rather guys like that appear "lean".

My ideal body type is a guy with some muscle tone & definition, but not bulky. In shape, but in a sort of elegant & nonchalant way, not like someone who lives for the gym. I'd take a little skinny over fat or bodybuilder muscles, but I've seen some cute chubby guys & very muscular guys too.
I've noticed that guys who surf or play soccer/football look pretty nice, but it doesn't really matter to me how he maintains himself. I like guys who are between 5'10 and 6'2 or so.

To me, legs are very important on a guy; I don't like skinny, knobby legs or short, bulky legs. I like long leans legs with some definition. I never thought David Beckham was cute, except he has very nice legs . Nice shoulders, back and hands are good too. I don't mind a little bit of love handles though...no one's perfect!

Old 03-12-2008, 04:57 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,850 times
THIS FEMALE, loves a tall, but no more than 6'2, thin, well-toned, clean-shaven male. I also like a male with a beard only if it is black- hair, and closely cropped, with a nice moustache. I see many men who go out of their way to look less attractive, with lots of unkempt hair around their faces. Even if a man is slightly portly, he can always look good, with less hair around the face, especially, when it becomes gray. However, I do love a nice head of pure white- hair, with a cropped beard, like Kenny Rogers!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:01 PM

4 posts, read 27,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
tall and somewhat heavy build....love big men...yummy.....

did I say that?
Ditto, but firm..beefy and thick.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:09 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,265,076 times
I'm kind of surprised at the number of women out there who like heavier guys.

...and the lack of play us tall skinny marathon runners get....where's the love? Edit: Just looked at the poll results and we are actually doing pretty good.

My wife constantly complains about my boneyness. "Every part of your body sticks out and hurts from your elbows to your butt to your hip bones!"

Old 03-13-2008, 08:08 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,919,325 times
The skinny folks are leading the poll by a little bit. The strong guys are easily in last.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:33 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
The skinny folks are leading the poll by a little bit. The strong guys are easily in last.
Yet they throw their panties at us when we dance on stage

Seriously -- we don't look all veined and shiny outside of a competition/photo shoot and Arnold is on the big size. Most of us look closer to Men's Health model than a Mr. Olympia

Old 03-13-2008, 12:28 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,919,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Yet they throw their panties at us when we dance on stage

Seriously -- we don't look all veined and shiny outside of a competition/photo shoot and Arnold is on the big size. Most of us look closer to Men's Health model than a Mr. Olympia
LOL, so true about the Chippendales comment. Yes, most "built" guys aren't that built. However, most guys in the gym aspire to become like one of them.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,424,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
tall and somewhat heavy build....love big men...yummy.....

did I say that?
Yep yep yep!! 6 foot minimum! And not over-built. I hate that elephant man look that the body builders get. Just . . . . normal healthy. Except for that muscle that runs along the back just under the arm. What the heck is that called? Oh man, I love that!! Hubby's looked awesome back when he was able to work out. Yumm-a-liscious!

Don't like short or skinny at all. I'd rather a guy be slightly over weight than under or over muscled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships