Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 01:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
This may make for an interesting read.

Why I won’t date hot women anymore | New York Post

The first guy's standard of "hot" appears to be models or super models. Interesting. His fiancée is "merely" beautiful. So beautiful isn't "hot"? Lol. Alrighty then.

And folks went all in on him on twitter and the blogosphere. Bahahaha.

NY Post Hot Women Article Twitter Reactions
Ugh, I truthfully couldn't get through that article. It was that sick. I just got a bunch of entitled a$&ed people moaning and grandstanding because they had to "settle" for people who are still attractive but not that 9 or 10 they just have to date.

I know I've made no secrets that I think looks matter a whole lot in dating and I place a major premium on looks before I'll get interested in someone, but this article really makes me think, damn is this what I am doing? I mean me and anyone I've gone on a date with will never get a call from GQ or Maxim for a shoot but am I really that shallow of a b$&@&@d for saying, I'm not really that attracted to her so no use in going on a second date?

I can't be the only one taking a long look at themselves after reading this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 02:34 AM

641 posts, read 405,546 times
No different to women going out with the bad boys, players and studs when they're younger and enjoying themselves; and then 'settling' for someone more stable when they want to settle down and mature. The guy is just doing the same. There's nothing wrong with it either if him and his partner are happy.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:03 AM

465 posts, read 418,323 times
I read the article and I don't understand the ground breaking news. It took this guy several decades to figure out that dating someone with intelligence is more important than beauty alone. All those years he has been having dumb conversations and he did not think his choices in women were the problem. I quote Einstein, "Repeating the same thing and hoping for a different results is a sign of insanity"...and stupidity. I think the bigger story is he is telling everyone that he is an idiot.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:04 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Stuff like this is part of the reason why I'm kind of "over" a lot of people.

You'd be surprised how many people think this way. Nearly all my male friends say they would purposely date a girl they deem "average" because they want to decrease their chances of being left for another man.
I wouldn't want to date an extremely hot woman either. I'm way too insecure for it. Give me an average looking woman with a nice personality over a beautiful woman with a nice personality any day of the week.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:37 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times
I read this article the other day and was just waiting someone to create a post about it.. haha. I thought it was pretty shallow and offensive.... Not all 'hot' women are vapid and have nothing to say... And what's considered hot nowadays anyway? It can be very subjective.. I also though it was kind of rude for him to describe his current girlfriend as merely beautiful. I would have been offended if I was her... It's like he's saying he's had hotter before but settled for her because of her personality.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:30 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Looks are a factor for many, yes. Overall attraction matters most to many others. This dude, and the others, abandoned their old ways of going after adonis and goddess types (models, I guess?) for regular ol' good-looking people. It's not like they suddenly decided to start ogling actual regular people. Just not model-y "hot" people. Lol.

It doesn't actually offend me any, really. I'm just side-eyeing the dude who said his fiancee is "merely" beautiful... because she's 5'2", so she can't be a model?

She's clearly very attractive. And it's not like all models are hot. Some high fashion models can have the aesthetics -- bone structure/look, height and physique, but aren't necessarily hot-looking.
Looks are a factor for many? Lets keep it real. Looks are a factor for ALL.

Unless you're blind. But even blind people like to feel up a person's body to get a sense of what they might look like lol.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:40 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Looks are a factor for many? Lets keep it real. Looks are a factor for ALL.

Unless you're blind. But even blind people like to feel up a person's body to get a sense of what they might look like lol.
I can't make that assertion, because many here have expressed looks don't matter much to them, but attraction, which can encompass more than physical aesthetics, does matter a great deal.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:13 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
The only thing I've got in common and agree with him is " going for the hottest I could find " as my attitude is if you're attracted to them and can get them then why not?

With the stereotypes he's mentioned such as " can't carry a conversation, selfish and flighty " that many associate with " hot women " I'd bet he actually goes by stereotypes and brands them instead of going in with an open mind and taking them by face value ( you know like many seem to do on here and thinking they're all the same )

It also suggests to me that HIS social skills, observations etc are not up to scratch or what he thinks they are mainly by what I said above because he clearly didn't adapt and personalise when talking to the different women ( like a bloke that was in his 30s thats dating women in their 20s for example ).

Just my opinion

Hey!!! I'm 32 and I dated a woman in her (late) 20s only because she wanted to date me. I can adapt really well, thank you very much!!! hmph!!!

I understand exactly what you are saying. This guy (according to the article at least) seems to believe that just because a woman is "hot" that means that she has nothing worthwhile going on from the inside.

Maybe that is just the experience he had in dealing with women. But there is a lot that needs to be understood. Tons of different groups are going to have at least one hot woman.

According to the article, he dated "runway models." Now, these people are paid to look good, they aren't paid to be rocket scientists, or philosophers. They are paid to look good, because they are selling. Now, even that does not mean that runway models can't hold a conversation. It might be that she was not comfortable with that person.

I know plenty of people who have great insights, ideas, wisdom when they talk to me, but when they are with a certain other person, they can't talk their way out of a paper bag, and usually it is because that person has an air of arrogance about him or a critical spirit. In other words, he makes you feel as if he is going to take anything you say and viciously tear it apart to make you feel like an idiot.

I myself am known to blow people's minds with what I have to say. But there are certain people in my life that won't hear a thing I have to say because they are just too arrogant and judgmental.

Now, this is going by the article. I've known people to twist words. But that "sowing wild oats" post didn't help one bit.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 04-15-2017 at 02:30 PM..

Old 04-15-2017, 01:21 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Stuff like this is part of the reason why I'm kind of "over" a lot of people.

You'd be surprised how many people think this way. Nearly all my male friends say they would purposely date a girl they deem "average" because they want to decrease their chances of being left for another man.
Wow.

Who'd know what to say to that?

Facts of life. Even "ugly" women can and have cheated.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:08 PM

129 posts, read 110,286 times
I dated a guy who was extremely conventionally attractive. I wasn't *unattractive* but I sometimes felt like it next to him. He had dated a lot before me, and a lot of his girlfriends were, um, on the hot side. It did play mind-games with me for a while, but I was never really paranoid or anything. He was a great guy who HAPPENED to be attractive. It wasn't his defining characteristic or anything. We just got on well. We've now been married over a decade and have a bunch of kids; we have been through a LOT together. I'm still really attracted to him, but had I been dating him exclusively for his looks, it never would have lasted this long. Same thing, I'm guessing, for the article guy. Why he has to write a narcissistic article about it, though... ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships