Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 03:59 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times

Advertisements

This may make for an interesting read.

Why I won’t date hot women anymore | New York Post

The first guy's standard of "hot" appears to be models or super models. Interesting. His fiancée is "merely" beautiful. So beautiful isn't "hot"? Lol. Alrighty then.

And folks went all in on him on twitter and the blogosphere. Bahahaha.

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/04/14...icle-reactions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 04:01 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

The first guy's standard of "hot" appears to be models or super models. Interesting. His fiancée is "merely" beautiful. So beautiful isn't "hot"? Lol. Alrighty then.
I SAW this yesterday!!! LOL

Can you imagine being that guy and actually saying those things for publication?? He is getting roasted all over the world for his hubris.

I really hoped the writer was being sarcastic with his "merely beautiful" caption describing the wife.

However, it got so weird when it turned out that he was set up by his wife's mom, who happens to own a matchmaking agency. I got my "story planted for ad clicks" vibe that I get here sometimes.

This article is full of gut punches, really, including good-looking people doing the same stereotyping they blame others for, and this gem next to a photo of a good-looking guy who a beautiful girl began dating because she was tired of being dissed by hot guys:

Unlike the square-jawed bachelors who disrespected her, Argese is more boy-next-door in the looks department. But he’s kind and attentive.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:07 PM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
You know how I know hes gay....

Old 04-14-2017, 04:13 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,476 times
What an ***. He's basically telling his wife..."You're beautiful...BUT not quite the best I'd hoped to end up with..."

Old 04-14-2017, 04:29 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
I see no difference in this than a woman saying they would date a "normal guy"
We all pull personal judgements in our own ways when it comes to this type of topic

Old 04-14-2017, 04:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I see no difference in this than a woman saying they would date a "normal guy"
We all pull personal judgements in our own ways when it comes to this type of topic
Yes, but hopefully we don't agree to be interviewed about them and have them published.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:37 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

The only thing I've got in common and agree with him is " going for the hottest I could find " as my attitude is if you're attracted to them and can get them then why not?

With the stereotypes he's mentioned such as " can't carry a conversation, selfish and flighty " that many associate with " hot women " I'd bet he actually goes by stereotypes and brands them instead of going in with an open mind and taking them by face value ( you know like many seem to do on here and thinking they're all the same )

It also suggests to me that HIS social skills, observations etc are not up to scratch or what he thinks they are mainly by what I said above because he clearly didn't adapt and personalise when talking to the different women ( like a bloke that was in his 30s thats dating women in their 20s for example ).

Just my opinion

Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
He looks like he's perpetually constipated. Bravo to the ladies who can stand being around him - he looks like he smells of dog farts.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
It's the Post.

'nuff said.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:45 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

However, it got so weird when it turned out that he was set up by his wife's mom, who happens to own a matchmaking agency. I got my "story planted for ad clicks" vibe that I get here sometimes.

No!!
Tell me it's not true that some of these stories aren't "plants"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships