Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 05:41 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
There are as many single women willing to start a relationship with a married man as there are married men willing to cheat on their wife.
Absolutely.

Considering that women are less likely to initiate than men, the dynamics are a bit different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 07:38 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I agree about married men shouldn't be looking for affairs or press for unwanted advances.

But the reality is that they do... Always have.. You cannot change it... Only how you react to it.

From what I have seen, a big chunk of men visiting working girls are indeed married... They also make the best regulars... For good reasons.

Again, it's all about how you react to it. Those men and women who have a hard time attracting dates would probably love to have this problem. Its. Just a matter of time till you attract the person who isn't married.
Thank you so much!

I guess I was just venting because this has been happening on a fairly regular basis for as long as I can remember.

The first occurrence being in high school when one of my friend's boyfriend cornered me at a party to "confess" his affection for me and stated that he wished that he had met me first. I let him know that I would never betray a friend (not even if I had been interested would I betray a friend). I never told her what happened but just stopped spending time with that friend which hurt our friendship.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Your are, consciously or unconsciously, giving out signals that you are available. You should work on that.

I'm single. And I am available....to single men....and only single men

Old 05-29-2017, 11:24 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I feel for you, OP.

But...there's nothing you'll ever be able to do to prevent married men from approaching you for a chance to cheat on their wives. The only thing you can do is to keep on doing what you've been doing - and that's to tell them to go away and that you're absolutely NOT interested in them in ANY way, shape or form. I've had to do that a few times in my life; and most of the time, these cheaters take the hint and buzz off...but sometimes, they persist in their pursuit because, well, they want what they want.

FTR, I happen to think that married men (or married women) who cheat are one of the most lowest life forms on this earth - I don't care WHAT their circumstances are or how NOT "black & white" their situation is. There is ALWAYS a way out - without them hurting/cheating on their spouse. BUT, instead of working on their marriages or DIVORCING their spouses so they can sleep with whomever they please, they just want to have their cake and eat it too. And um, I'm sorry...I won't EVER help ANY man out with doing that. Bravo to you for not helping them out with that either.
FTR, most divorces are initiated by women and it most cases, they already have a man they are with immediately after or even during the proceedings.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:37 AM

424 posts, read 236,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Do these men ever feel guilty for lying to try to get what they want from single women?

If a man is having problems with his wife why not just try to work on the marriage? Why do these guys start pursuing single women knowing that they are not available?
These are probably the guys that always attracted women (hence why they are married). So they feel like they can have single women on the side. Most probably do.

Maybe if so many single women weren't so picky when finding a guy, they wouldn't be single and these married guys wouldn't go after them.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:52 AM

437 posts, read 335,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Do these men ever feel guilty for lying to try to get what they want from single women?

If a man is having problems with his wife why not just try to work on the marriage? Why do these guys start pursuing single women knowing that they are not available?
Some of these men you speak of are in unhappy relationships. Affairs will always be common, excitement, thrill and enjoyment of something new.....you get the idea.

Remember. like it or not some people live by the motto "I'm here for a good time, not a long time".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships