Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 06:30 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Because people can't always get exactly what they want, so they settle. Or they liked their partners well enough until they got bored with them and wanted to try something else.
Or people change- and they do. The next woman to quit wanting to have sex after she seemed to really like it early on, won't be the first.

Boredom is always going to set in, but much faster if one side cuts the other off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 08:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Or people change- and they do. The next woman to quit wanting to have sex after she seemed to really like it early on, won't be the first.

Boredom is always going to set in, but much faster if one side cuts the other off.
I doubt the majority of men are cheating because their wives refuse to have sex with them. And in those cases, I'd wonder what they've done to address the problem with their wives before looking to cheat.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:03 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Low-sex marriage is common.
Sexless Marriage in America Keeps Rising, New Study Reveals - Breitbart
Another article said it's usually the woman who is doing the rejecting.

I agree that most men aren't cheating for that reason, but I have seen some indication that men who are involuntarily not getting much sex in their marriages are more likely to cheat. Which is common sense. Most men who cheat do it because they can, I suspect. Who knows how much the female 'target' has to do with it.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:55 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,327 times
I've been pursued by two married men in my life,one started emailing me this was a long time ago and I was naive so probably would have went along with it without thinking,as far as I could tell his wife was overweight and a bit cranky but otherwise I don't know why he was doing it.
The second time recently being older I had a long talk with this new guy about appreciating his wife in that case I think he was just a free spirit who wanted a bit of change,or we had some electricity.There is nothing to stop OP from talking to these mm's about their wives though sometimes it doesn't make any difference.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:44 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
My girlfriend tells me that in her long career, she's pretty much only ever been hit on by married men. I don't get the whole lack of personal ethics thing.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I've been pursued by two married men in my life,one started emailing me this was a long time ago and I was naive so probably would have went along with it without thinking,as far as I could tell his wife was overweight and a bit cranky but otherwise I don't know why he was doing it.
The second time recently being older I had a long talk with this new guy about appreciating his wife in that case I think he was just a free spirit who wanted a bit of change,or we had some electricity.There is nothing to stop OP from talking to these mm's about their wives though sometimes it doesn't make any difference.

To be completely honest I am just insulted that a guy who has a wife has no guilt about potentially using an innocent single person to fulfill some unmet needs (most likely sex). The current married guy is the quintessential "nice guy" with a young wife (about 10 yrs my junior) in a fairly new marriage. I have blocked him from messaging me but he makes it a point to be close at work.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:04 PM

600 posts, read 566,717 times
Tell that to the thousands of men who wives have left them or cheated on their husband while serving the country.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
Tell that to the thousands of men who wives have left them or cheated on their husband while serving the country.
I do not condone that either....but ***MY*** thread is about being pursued my married men.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:28 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I do not condone that either....but ***MY*** thread is about being pursued my married men.
I still don't understand why you take is as an insult?, why not just treat it as you would any other bloke that you wouldn't consider an option?

That way you wouldn't end up getting so wound up about it love

Seriously I'm not being funny I just don't understand why you take it so personally cheers

EDIT: sorry I meant to quote your post about addressing Katie not this one

Old 05-24-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I still don't understand why you take is as an insult?, why not just treat it as you would any other bloke that you wouldn't consider an option?

That way you wouldn't end up getting so wound up about it love

Seriously I'm not being funny I just don't understand why you take it so personally cheers

EDIT: sorry I meant to quote your post about addressing Katie not this one

Its insulting because an unavailable man is looking at me to fill whatever need is missing.....its like being objectified. Its not a good feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships