Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 05:44 AM

181 posts, read 127,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
SJWs have pretty much destroyed the Democratic Party and made it a national embarrassment with their need for "safe spaces" and their "cisgender / intersectionality" jargon.

It used to be a party that represented the needs of working people and families, balanced budgets, measured progress, preserving the social contract and trying to move us into a more equitable society through education. Now, it's become a party dedicated to coddling loud-mouthed, hyper-sensitive, cop-hating millennial children (I have to admit I am a millennial too, sadly) who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

This is also why Decline-to-State independents are the fastest growing voting bloc in California.

I voted for Hillary Clinton because well....Donald Trump?.....really???

It's embarrassing for those of us who are reasonable, non-radical and non-racial, Moderate-Liberals to have to identify with the whacked SJW crowd, so we're opting not to.
This is all cute but I hate the Democratic Party as much as Conservatives. So people who are real "SJWs" recognize the hypocrisy of the party. They flap their gums but don't deliver. Also since when was the DNC the party of the working man? I'd actually give that one to the GOP. The DNC is the party for classist and educated white elitists and idiotic minorities who don't see the party is just using them. I think you are overlooking the contributions of people who are radical. You as a white/Asian can't come in here and tell black people and gay/bi/trans people they are too radical when they are obviously still heavily discriminated against. You can by all means...but you look like a *****. LGBTQ through lobbying finally got marriage equality only 2-3 years ago.

We don't live in the post-racial fantasy. There is a reason why we were able to have a black President, why interracial couples are able to be, why the LGBT community had marriage equality etc etc etc. And that has to do with someone fighting for it. If people were "Moderate" nothing would change. "Moderates" in the 60s didn't care for Civil Rights and thought segregation should stay. The Democratic Party allowed themselves to crumble mostly because of classism and not taking into a account the millions of rural Americans...the punches Hilary supporters were throwing at Trump supporters were despicable. People don't mind radicals--that's why people were pissed when Bernie was done dirty. Oh Bernie...that was a pipe dream....

Last edited by berrypie987; 04-19-2017 at 05:56 AM..

Old 04-19-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
It's embarrassing for those of us who are reasonable, non-radical and non-racial, Moderate-Liberals to have to identify with the whacked SJW crowd, so we're opting not to.
"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."-Martin Luther King Jr

Old 04-19-2017, 07:59 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Is there any point for black women to pursue dating? It depends. If you're looking for casual sex, you can easily find it with men of all races. If you're looking for something more than that, I agree that it can be challenging.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:03 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Is there any point for black women to pursue dating? It depends. If you're looking for casual sex, you can easily find it with men of all races. If you're looking for something more than that, I agree that it can be challenging.
Maybe the OP needs to go on Steve Harvey. He'd set her up. I wonder if he knows any radicals. Hmm... could be a problem.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I will just add that it doesn't matter as much about race as it does that men of a certain income level, want a woman who increases their prestige with others. Makes them look good, in other words.
OP certainly has the education to enhance a mans prestige. Beyond that, maybe she doesn't look the part? Maybe she is too aloof? Only she can say.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Thank you. Obviously I am not looking for casual sex.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe the OP needs to go on Steve Harvey. He'd set her up. I wonder if he knows any radicals. Hmm... could be a problem.
It's not really radical to understand people of different races, sexualities, even political opinions etc. are discriminated against and I don't want them to be so I speak out when they are.

If you as a black woman think I am radical you are part of the problem.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I will just add that it doesn't matter as much about race as it does that men of a certain income level, want a woman who increases their prestige with others. Makes them look good, in other words.
OP certainly has the education to enhance a mans prestige. Beyond that, maybe she doesn't look the part? Maybe she is too aloof? Only she can say.
My looks aren't the problem.
What is too aloof implying?

Old 04-19-2017, 08:25 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrypie987 View Post
This is all cute but I hate the Democratic Party as much as Conservatives. So people who are real "SJWs" recognize the hypocrisy of the party. They flap their gums but don't deliver. Also since when was the DNC the party of the working man? I'd actually give that one to the GOP. The DNC is the party for classist and educated white elitists and idiotic minorities who don't see the party is just using them. I think you are overlooking the contributions of people who are radical. You as a white/Asian can't come in here and tell black people and gay/bi/trans people they are too radical when they are obviously still heavily discriminated against. You can by all means...but you look like a *****. LGBTQ through lobbying finally got marriage equality only 2-3 years ago.

We don't live in the post-racial fantasy. There is a reason why we were able to have a black President, why interracial couples are able to be, why the LGBT community had marriage equality etc etc etc. And that has to do with someone fighting for it. If people were "Moderate" nothing would change. "Moderates" in the 60s didn't care for Civil Rights and thought segregation should stay. The Democratic Party allowed themselves to crumble mostly because of classism and not taking into a account the millions of rural Americans...the punches Hilary supporters were throwing at Trump supporters were despicable. People don't mind radicals--that's why people were pissed when Bernie was done dirty. Oh Bernie...that was a pipe dream....
A black woman woth independent views would be the belle of the ball at libertarian rallies/events. Maybe it's just that continuing to fish in the same pond and expecting different results is the problem.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:27 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrypie987 View Post
It's not really radical to understand people of different races, sexualities, even political opinions etc. are discriminated against and I don't want them to be so I speak out when they are.

If you as a black woman think I am radical you are part of the problem.
I happen to think the word "radical" is completely misunderstood by most of society in the US. I was just thinking you'd be a breath of fresh air on Steve Harvey, and was wondering if he could handle it, lol. That's one show I'd like to see. Never mind; just trying to make a light-hearted aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships