Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 11:22 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevoo123 View Post
Update - She came over, lots of crying and begging. Stood strong and ended it. Feel pretty bad and guilty, but I just couldn't take the insecurity. Thanks for all the advice guys, this has been really helpful.
We can tell Interpol to call off the search party!

DONT feel guilty mate it's what's best all round
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 11:27 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Yep, good job! I know it was hard, but you know what's best for you.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:50 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
I think that was a wise decision.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2017, 11:54 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Man lol you got some crazy responses here, I'm sorry. There is no world in which you are at all in the wrong here. You don't have any responsibility to ask permission to go on a trip that you want to go on with someone you've been dating for 5 months. It's not your mother. You can do whatever you feel like doing as long as it's not hurting the other person. She didn't give you a date, therefore there was no commitment made. You didn't break a standing commitment..
The point is moot since he broke up with the woman and there were additional issues at play, but there's a big difference between asking permission to do something and the courtesy giving someone that you've been seeing for a while a heads-up about your plans to avoid just the kind of misunderstanding that happened with the OP.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-22-2017 at 12:14 PM..

Old 04-22-2017, 12:04 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,593 times
Wow, erm......yea....

To me, you have two options:
1) break up with her. Its only been 5 months in and she's causing you unnecessary headaches. She holds grudges that shouldn't be held; she sounds unreasonable and unstable. Your future with her would not only mimic this, but it will probably get progressively worse

2) Put your foot down! No offence, but you sound like a soft puss ball. I wouldn't let anyone talk to me like that. I would have broken off my proverbial foot in that behind long ago-but you, you just seem to take it and apologize. I don't get it.

If I were you, i would choose option 1, but if you're knee deep in the relationship, then you need to grow a pair, IMO. From the way I read it, she is treating you so bad partly because she's the alpha dog.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:08 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Why are you sooooooooooooo busy - but work 9-5 like most people??? It's not even 40 hours/week if you deduct breaks.
Oh geez. Who the hell works 9-5? That's not even 40 hours a week. I leave home at 8:30, get to work at 9. Leave work at 6-6:30, go to the gym. If not a gym night, home by 7pm. Otherwise home at 9:30 or 10.

Have you ever even had a true full-time career?

Clean house/yardwork on weekends. Add to that my elderly parents that need near-constant attention. I see my BF on the weekends as I have zero time during the week. I can't wait until I retire so I can breathe again!!

Old 04-22-2017, 12:12 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Update - She came over, lots of crying and begging. Stood strong and ended it. Feel pretty bad and guilty, but I just couldn't take the insecurity. Thanks for all the advice guys, this has been really helpful.
Very glad to see someone using their head and doing the wise thing and not putting up with such stupid immature nonsense. It's refreshing to see on this forum.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:36 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
Quote:
Good for you!!!

Old 04-24-2017, 08:08 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Good deal.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:26 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh geez. Who the hell works 9-5? That's not even 40 hours a week. I leave home at 8:30, get to work at 9. Leave work at 6-6:30, go to the gym. If not a gym night, home by 7pm. Otherwise home at 9:30 or 10.

Have you ever even had a true full-time career?

Clean house/yardwork on weekends. Add to that my elderly parents that need near-constant attention. I see my BF on the weekends as I have zero time during the week. I can't wait until I retire so I can breathe again!!
LOL I never understood this either. Did this all come from that annoying old 9-5 song? Because nobody ever works 9-5, as someone who is 34, I have no idea if they ever did, but I sure don't think so. Not in the modern era, anyway. People work 8 hours per day. 9 to 5 is not 8 hours a day because it leaves no time for a lunch break, which is always given by law in any work situation. People either work 9 to 5 or 9 to 6, but not 9 to 5. It's just silly how this is still "a thing," when the numbers just don't add up.

I'm glad I don't have any of those types of schedules, though. I more or less work when the work needs to be done, and sometimes that's a lot in one day, sometimes it's not as much. It's more task oriented for me than it is time driven. I tend to think a lot of jobs are time driven because that's how retail works or how many jobs have to work when you need an employee to be present during set hours. I own my company, so whatever has to be done, I make sure it is, but I certainly don't see the a.m. very often. I am not a morning person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships