Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:22 AM

13 posts, read 11,088 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going to end this relationship. Last night, it was the same song and dance. We were texting all day, upbeat conversations, then at 11:30 at night I got an angry text and another threat to leave. I liked an Instagram post of a female bodybuilder that posted a picture of herself before her figure competition. Granted that may not have been the smartest move. Her text was "Love when I see your activity on Instagram and you're liking pictures like these, why don't you go date them so I can quite feeling sub-human." But I just feel like I'm walking on eggshells, and to some of your points, If this is how we are at 5 months in... It will only get worse. I will take some of this advice to improve my behavior in my next relationship, but I can't tolerate any more threats, I just can't do it anymore, and if she isn't happy, I'm not happy, and it isn't worth continuing. It is a real shame, but things just didn't work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 10:23 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Yikes... sounds like you made the right call.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
It's always a bummer when it doesn't work out, but hey, your weekend suddenly freed up, so that's something.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevoo123 View Post
so I can quite feeling sub-human.
Good Lort, what a loser.

Let us know how that convo goes, though. I love a good laugh.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:53 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going to end this relationship. Last night, it was the same song and dance. We were texting all day, upbeat conversations, then at 11:30 at night I got an angry text and another threat to leave. I liked an Instagram post of a female bodybuilder that posted a picture of herself before her figure competition. Granted that may not have been the smartest move. Her text was "Love when I see your activity on Instagram and you're liking pictures like these, why don't you go date them so I can quite feeling sub-human." But I just feel like I'm walking on eggshells, and to some of your points, If this is how we are at 5 months in... It will only get worse. I will take some of this advice to improve my behavior in my next relationship, but I can't tolerate any more threats, I just can't do it anymore, and if she isn't happy, I'm not happy, and it isn't worth continuing. It is a real shame, but things just didn't work out.

What was your answer?
Yeah, I guess ending it would be best for all.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:53 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,855,128 times
OK, so you are 30. Although that is not "old," I would imagine that you are starting to think about your long-term future at this point (given you've already bought a home). After 5 months of dating, I would imagine that you have some idea (whether fully formed or not) whether you can envision a long-term or permanent relationship with this girl. If your gut response is "no," then you should let her go now. I can assure you (I've been married 17 years) that insecurities do not go away after you put a ring on it. The "honeymoon" phase of your relationship is over and she can let you see the "real" her now. If the "real" her is not pleasing to you, cut her loose.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:24 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I think you made a good call breaking up with her, it's only been 5 months and she is pretty darn controlling.

It sounds like you learned about the importance of communication too.

BTW, I'm retired and check my calendar before scheduling anything. DH and I share the events electronically so we know what the other has going on (color coded of course).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-20-2017, 12:45 PM

13 posts, read 11,088 times
She is coming over this evening to talk. I haven't yet pulled the trigger, but I'm going to stick to my position. I will keep you posted. Appreciate all of the advice, as always.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
She is coming over this evening to talk.
Ohhhhhhhh Lord.

Prepare yourself.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:46 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,839,321 times
stick to it NO MATTER WHAT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships