Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 11:38 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,209 times

Advertisements

Because women prefer to be left alone more times than not.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I do get the fear of rejection. I really do. But there is no reward without risk. I just had a long conversation with a friend about something unrelated and he motivated my boyfriend and I to put our art out there. I mean, he got us really amped. And he made the analogy of seeing 50 women in the club. He's gonna ask all 50. If he gets rejected, he moves on to the next one. He said nobody ever died from a no. Us women don't bite. So what is so scary about approaching us?
Maybe they just don't want to talk to you? I don't talk to women often because I don't want to. I never realized it was a requirement to interact with the opposite sex.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:41 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,926,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Because women prefer to be left alone more times than not.
Everybody should just stay in their bunker then.

Like I said, that's cool if that's what YOU want. A lot of people complaining about it don't really want that, though.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Men are often told that they should approach women because most women WANT men to approach them (so they most likely won't pay for whatever place/event they may eventually go to) and accept their advances gracefully even if they're not interested, but that is a load of imo. On the contrary, most women tend to reject men they don't like very aggressively and publicly WANT to humiliate men they don't like. They are most likely to aggressively roll their eyes, sigh impatiently, tell them to "GO AWAY" if not outright rip him to shreds and try to destroy his self-esteem entirely while feeding her "feminist girl-power" you're not good enough for me ego.
This is why I prefer doing things by myself over asking for a date. Women are so hostile now for no reason at all. Being single is so much easier in my opinion.

Quote:
Men are often told that they should approach women because most women WANT men to approach them (so they most likely won't pay for whatever place/event they may eventually go to) and accept their advances gracefully even if they're not interested, but that is a load of imo. On the contrary, most women tend to reject men they don't like very aggressively and publicly WANT to humiliate men they don't like. They are most likely to aggressively roll their eyes, sigh impatiently, tell them to "GO AWAY" if not outright rip him to shreds and try to destroy his self-esteem entirely while feeding her "feminist girl-power" you're not good enough for me ego.
No, they're not. STOP IT!

There's enough time in my night to deconstruct some of this BS.

Are you out of high school yet? Because that's probably the only time in life where most people are gonna be mean *******s when rejecting someone. That and middle school, perhaps sometimes early college maybe?

When you're a few years into adulthood, MOST women will politely reject you. Maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 are gonna be not very friendly, but that's about it. If you experienced that more than 20% of the time you've been rejected, you've either been unlucky, you have a small sample size in asking people out or it might be you who is causing this.

You either sound like someone very young and who has only been rejected by high schooler's, had a bad experience or a few and are bitter or you're just breaking chops here. Maybe you've been watching too many movies too.

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Having an ass made out of yourself? You can't worry about **** like that. Who gives a damn anyway, man?

You gotta not care.
I'm embarrassed by a lot of things, getting rejected isn't one of them. Even when I had zero confidence, I wasn't embarrassed by that. Don't get me wrong, I probably wanted to avoid the person rejecting me after that. USUALLY I never saw the person after that ever again, so that took care of that.
For some, that's easier said than done. In some cases, it still mildly affects me, but not anywhere near at the level it used to be.

Though, this is one reason why I prefer OLD over IRL. Generally speaking, the women on there are single and looking, and if you match and start conversing thoroughly, then you can pretty much bet that she's interested.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For some, that's easier said than done. In some cases, it still mildly affects me, but not anywhere near at the level it used to be.

Though, this is one reason why I prefer OLD over IRL. Generally speaking, the women on there are single and looking, and if you match and start conversing thoroughly, then you can pretty much bet that she's interested.
Believe me, I've been there. I've definitely been there, man. I was never really embarrassed though, unless I had to walk by them again after that. Maybe then I was mildly embarrassed.

I definitely saw it as more of a blow to my self esteem and confidence than embarrassment.

And a lot of the times you get rejected, it's not necessarily an indictment on you. They may be in a relationship already. A lot of people get rejected and they think that they're ugly or whatever or it's something physical that made the person reject them.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:03 AM

710 posts, read 584,011 times
Quote:
On the contrary, most women tend to reject men they don't like very aggressively and publicly WANT to humiliate men they don't like.

I wouldn't say most, but the fact that this does happen (and I've seen it before) makes it not even worth the risk in my opinion. OLD is much easier.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:21 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,548,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP: The same numerous, varied reasons why women are afraid to talk to men. This issue is not gender specific and your assumptions in this thread are borderline gender bashing.
Ask your 'boyfriend', unless you're afraid of any questions that might arise as to why you're concerned about being 'approached'.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:22 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,716,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I do get the fear of rejection. I really do. But there is no reward without risk. I just had a long conversation with a friend about something unrelated and he motivated my boyfriend and I to put our art out there. I mean, he got us really amped. And he made the analogy of seeing 50 women in the club. He's gonna ask all 50. If he gets rejected, he moves on to the next one. He said nobody ever died from a no. Us women don't bite. So what is so scary about approaching us?
Yes. But there are many men (and women) in the world who don't feel "good enough" to take these risks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.