Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 01:24 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I personally don't get it. If the OP is good enough to be a long term friend and casual sex partner, why isn't he good enough to date?

Sometimes, you're hooking up with someone who you just don't see a future in, but you enjoy their company enough to explore that part of them. This is not new to me, since I've friendzoned FWB's in my past. This was the first time where I've been friendzoned, and it gave me a new perspective on things. The best way to explain it, is I think people who have been relatively long-term single, they like what they like. Even if what they like means they'll be single long stretches of time. The idea of it is that when you meet that right person, it will all click and make sense. No different than other people who are in long-term relationships or marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 01:25 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Weez, how often do y'all see each other, and do you sleep together every time you see each other?

Old 04-21-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Weez, how often do y'all see each other, and do you sleep together every time you see each other?

It's mostly foreplay. I'd say lately we've seen each other 1-2 times a week if both of us were in town on the weekends. She invited me to watch a college baseball game on Tuesday. She paid for the tickets and she drove. I was already kinda pondering if this had legs and that day only intensified it. I think very different in those scenarios. Where for her it's a friendly gesture, but for me it tends to be more than a friendly gesture. Like I've said for years, I've generally kept my FWB's very routine. Hardly went outside of my place or her place to do anything. I may or may not cook dinner, but we're definitely not seen out in public with each other.

Me and this friend have known each other a long time and I graduated high school with her younger brother. We've had our own ups and downs through our decade long friendship, but these last few months things clicked on a different level for both of us. Conversation is easier, it's much more effortless, and we get along really well. I could invite her to something and she would say yes, no, and if she said no, she would at least say I'm open this day if we can move it. It felt like a good mixture of both people invested in growing the friendship. It seems like when I stopped online dating, I stopped giving off the neediness vibe, which she said I had that problem in spades in the past. She's not the reason I quit online dating though, I quit it because I wasn't making the best or right choices for myself.

She'd spend the night at my house, but she has sleep apnea, so she sleeps with the little machine on her head. To not drag it around, I tend to stay over at her place. I'm definitely not heartbroken over this or anything even close, but it's a new position for me to be in.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Mate I don't mean this rudely and just enquiring.... But you've talked about this lady before in previous threads in the past and mentioned her weight and the sex was becoming more and more obsolete quite a few times so do you think she can sense this and has influenced her choice in saying no?.

Personally if this rings true from experience a lady can tell when you've lost or are losing physical attraction to them so ^^^^ may have been a factor

Old 04-21-2017, 01:51 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I personally don't get it. If the OP is good enough to be a long term friend and casual sex partner, why isn't he good enough to date?
That would assume she sees him as good long term material.
I would assume "long term" would mean daddy and husband in this case.

Casual sex partner and husband/father do not always merit the same sets of credentials since they are not always trying to reach the same set of goals.

this (type of relationship) always runs the risk of each other becoming less important to one another, once the desire for sex shifts away or dies off for any reason there is little to keep each other involved.

You essentially just become "a friend" and everything else that brings you together stops being a factor in "why" you keep making time for one another.

Such is the life of any FWB situation. Your importance and role is only to please the others desires until another comes along that fills everything the other is actually looking for.

Last edited by rego00123; 04-21-2017 at 02:02 PM..

Old 04-21-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Mate I don't mean this rudely and just enquiring.... But you've talked about this lady before in previous threads in the past and mentioned her weight and the sex was becoming more and more obsolete quite a few times so do you think she can sense this and has influenced her choice in saying no?.

Personally if this rings true from experience a lady can tell when you've lost or are losing physical attraction to them so ^^^^ may have been a factor

Different woman. I've never communicated about this woman on here. Another FWB I had in the past. I've probably had 5 or so in my lifetime.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
That would assume she sees him as good long term material.
I would assume "long term" would mean daddy and husband in this case.

Casual sex partner and husband/father do not always merit the same sets of credentials since they are not always trying to reach the same set of goals.

this (type of relationship) always runs the risk of each other becoming less important to one another, once the desire for sex shifts away or dies off for any reason there is little to keep each other involved.

You essentially just become "a friend" and everything else that brings you together stops being a factor in "why" you keep making time for one another.

Such is the life of any FWB situation. Your importance and role is only to please the others desires until another comes along that fills everything the other is actually looking for.

You are absolutely correct. I've been on both sides now. Hence why sometimes people push for more, because you know what the alternative is. I obviously know that when she meets that right person our friendship and hanging out will die down, but that's how I've obviously viewed friendships like these anyways. It's a mutual understanding for the both of us.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Different woman. I've never communicated about this woman on here. Another FWB I had in the past. I've probably had 5 or so in my lifetime.
Ok my apologies I'm glad I got that one wrong

Thank you for the clarification mate

Old 04-21-2017, 02:16 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Cant turn hoes into housewives....
Happens all the time...but only if you think of your FWBs as real people and respect them...rather than as hoes.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:30 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Is this the same FWB you said that you would cook breakfast with or go out to eat with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships