Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 03:12 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times

Advertisements

The only thing that stands out to me is that you said you had a miscarriage. The rest of the story didn't make sense. I'm sorry for your loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 05:10 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
It sounds like you have some growing up to do. A miscarriage is a big thing, but to text about it so lightly? Honestly, I think it might be best for you to think about self development. Bringing children into the world is not something to joke about. Who your child's parent is, is something that you're stuck with for the rest of your life.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:36 PM

128 posts, read 183,172 times
OP, this reminds me of an abusive relationship I was in. He was a narcissist who played the same blame game and came on really strong really fast. I also experienced the loss of 2 pregnancies with him, and he was an evil prick during my healing phases. I kept giving him 2nd and 3rd chances. Trust me, It will NOT get better.

Let yourself grieve and move on. Do not contact him again. Don't respond if he tries contacting you. I think the reason we fall for people like him is because we lack self worth and self respect. Seriously, think about it, if you were the best version of yourself, would you still choose this man? Doubt it.

He has NO respect for you and certainly no love. He can make up any excuse he wants but his reaction to the miscarriage and emergency says everything about him. He is a piece of sh** who will claim his next victim soon. The miscarriage was a blessing in disguise. You seriously dodged a bullet. You need to work on yourself now.

Last edited by augentier; 04-29-2017 at 06:47 PM..

Old 04-29-2017, 06:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augentier View Post
OP, this reminds me of an abusive relationship I was in. He was a narcissist who played the same blame game and came on really strong really fast. I also experienced the loss of 2 pregnancies with him, and he was an evil prick during my healing phases. I kept giving him 2nd and 3rd chances. Trust me, It will NOT get better.

Let yourself grieve and move on. Do not contact him again. Don't respond if he tries contacting you. I think the reason we fall for people like him is because we lack self worth and self respect. Seriously, think about it, if you were the best version of yourself, would you still choose this man? Doubt it.

He has NO respect for you and certainly no love. He can make up any excuse he wants but his reaction to the miscarriage and emergency says everything about him. He is a piece of sh** who will claim his next visit soon. The miscarriage was a blessing in disguise. You seriously dodged a bullet. You need to work on yourself now.
Oh my I'm truly sorry to hear of this my love

Glad you got out

Old 04-29-2017, 07:23 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't get how people just flip on a dime like this. This doesn't make any sense. Probably just best to move on. Maybe he got scared off at how fast things were progressing and decided he wanted out. That's about the only thing I can think of.
They don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It appears you both like dramatics, you were talking about marriage and moving in together much too soon, neither of you should be drinking and please learn to spell the word because.
I urge you to cut all contact with him, use more birth control, stop drinking, stop being so dramatic in your life and stay out of any type of relationship until you have matured.
X1000. So much drama. Ugh.

OP then messages him again!

Maybe time for the OP to think about her part in attracting these losers.

From this & all the other threads, OP has a lot of growing up to do.

Last edited by LLCNYC; 04-29-2017 at 07:33 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 11:49 AM

58 posts, read 58,584 times
He came to my office last week and was crying saying he is sorry for not being there for me, he thought I was lying about miscarriage as his ex did lie to him about being pregnant and going through an abortion. Why the hell would I lie about such a serious thing? How mental one should be to do so??? Anyways, he was asking me if I could forget and forgive and if I can move on because he did not want to be slapped in the face with this if we move on, and asked me to think about it.
The next day he was going to go snowboarding and it was snowing real bad. He called me and talked to me for an hour and then said "It is snowing real bad and I should concentrate on driving, as roads are getting worse. I will text you once I get there." Well, he did not. To be honest, I was worried. Even if that would not be him but any other friend of mine I would still be worried because it was snowing real bad. The next morning I texted him "Hey, did you make it there?" He never responded back. Then I called him couple hours later and he did not pick up and turned off his phone later on.

Do I understand how one can act normal and be trying to fix things and cry about it one day, then ignore the other day? No.
I got an offer from a very successful company in Cali. At first I did not want to take the offer because I was still hoping things will get better (I know I know ...so stupid of me). But I did sign the contract and will be moving in Summer. I believe a new environment will help me to move on.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:57 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv123_go View Post
He came to my office last week and was crying saying he is sorry for not being there for me, he thought I was lying about miscarriage as his ex did lie to him about being pregnant and going through an abortion. Why the hell would I lie about such a serious thing? How mental one should be to do so??? Anyways, he was asking me if I could forget and forgive and if I can move on because he did not want to be slapped in the face with this if we move on, and asked me to think about it.
The next day he was going to go snowboarding and it was snowing real bad. He called me and talked to me for an hour and then said "It is snowing real bad and I should concentrate on driving, as roads are getting worse. I will text you once I get there." Well, he did not. To be honest, I was worried. Even if that would not be him but any other friend of mine I would still be worried because it was snowing real bad. The next morning I texted him "Hey, did you make it there?" He never responded back. Then I called him couple hours later and he did not pick up and turned off his phone later on.

Do I understand how one can act normal and be trying to fix things and cry about it one day, then ignore the other day? No.
I got an offer from a very successful company in Cali. At first I did not want to take the offer because I was still hoping things will get better (I know I know ...so stupid of me). But I did sign the contract and will be moving in Summer. I believe a new environment will help me to move on.
Yes, this is probably for the best. Just continue to look forward and you'll do fine.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Yes, please do take the other job.

The snow phone call was probably just his attempt to one-up you after your miscarriage news; he needed to make YOU stew in it for a while, so he called you while he was driving in a horrible storm and then left you wondering if he even made it!!!!

Just more idiotic drama.

You should have blocked this guy after he treated you like sh*t the first 5 times. Allowing him to bring relationship drama into your office??? Um, no.

Delete, block, MOVE ON.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:20 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Time to go no contact. And make sure security knows not to let him on the premises of wherever you're working.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:22 AM

58 posts, read 58,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes, please do take the other job.

The snow phone call was probably just his attempt to one-up you after your miscarriage news; he needed to make YOU stew in it for a while, so he called you while he was driving in a horrible storm and then left you wondering if he even made it!!!!

Just more idiotic drama.

You should have blocked this guy after he treated you like sh*t the first 5 times. Allowing him to bring relationship drama into your office??? Um, no.

Delete, block, MOVE ON.
He texted me the next day saying "I am fine, just driving back home".
I am so done with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships