Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 05:34 PM

41 posts, read 28,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
You need to come to Denmark. Here, it is the rule to be "ordinary" and not talk about how special you are!

Well... Aren't you special!

Old 05-04-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombus View Post
I disagree to a point. I have seen many women who can write a good profile but then mess it up with the worst photos imaginable. Usually, they are selfies taken with their phone of their reflection in the bathroom mirror. The photos are awful usually looking up their nose, the color balance is horrible, and often it seems they have not even taken the time to put on a nice top and brush their hair. They are paying these OLD sites good money to be 'out there' and then they basically sabotage themselves. I will admit that the photos of their cats are usually OK. Alas, I am not interested in having a relationship with anybody's cat.

I expect many men also have miserable photos of themselves but probably great photos of their dog, motorcycle, boat, etc. Right?

A friend of mine finally decided to try an dating website and I told him the first rule is, no matter how many pictures a woman has on her profile, if they are all close ups of her face, she's hiding something!
And watch out for the women who use 'Glamor Shot's' that they went to some studio to have made. It's not what they really look like.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:45 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So you clicked on profiles with the following requirements:

- athletic
- no kids
- no smoking
- successful
- very ambitious

Set the bar a bit lower
LOL

Good point.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:48 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,479,957 times
Quote:
Between age 58 and 65:
Must be at least 5’11” or taller and be height/weight proportional, physically fit, high energy and virile. If you don’t have a full head of your own hair, and all of your own teeth then please don’t waste my time. Please be financially secure and have your own (paid for) home. If you are renting or if you have been married before then I am not interested. No sports fans. Also, I do not like motorcycles, guns, hunting or fishing so if you do then move on to the next profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
See the bright side: At least they don't want a 25 year old!
I know right. Unreasonable people don't get dates. Sometimes I wonder if they even really want dates.

What always made me laugh was when I'd read a man's profile and not fit anything he said he wanted so I would move on. Only to be messaged by him later asking why I didn't message. I would reply that I am not what he's looking for based on what he put in his profile. He says it's okay, he thinks we are a good match. What? Suddenly all that stuff is out the window? You said your date needs to be a red head (I have long blonde hair), that your date must love golf (I've never played and don't intend to), must enjoy sushi (which I hate), and must love dressing up and going out on the town (my profile specifically says I prefer watching reruns of the Three Stooges cuddled up on the couch on a Saturday night to going out on the town). Oh, and your age range is 18-25 (even though you are a 45 year old guy) and I am over 30. About the only requirement of yours that I meet is that I am a single woman.

I mean, who would go out with a guy wanting that stuff if you didn't meet his requirements. I'd always figure he's still looking for his Miss Right and leave me when he finds her.

Online dating is like being in room with a bunch of lunatics and trying to find the one other sane person in the room (and hope they don't give up and leave before you find them)! I'm so glad I found my boyfriend online (and he's glad he found me... some of the stories we shared with each other... wow. There are weirdos out there, both men and women).

Old 05-04-2017, 05:50 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
When someone seems to good to be true you got to really wonder why they are still single.
I am found a really stange trend in the people I went to high school with the best looking somes are always the last to get married ex the ultra attractive ones. I wonder if they are just too pick or get so many people attracted to them that they feel no pressure to lock it in with one. Out of these women that I know that are not that smart/ accomplished either.

I think as people get older they start bulding up more creteria for who they want to be with. If they are single long enough the list gets so big it is just unlikely anyone will make the cut.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Totally!

It couldn't possibly be that these women actually budget their resources in order to be able to take these trips.

Nope. Not at all.

Well I also budget my resources. I am planning on retiring in three years so I keep my expenses low and divert as much as I can into my savings and 401K.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:15 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.D.Saster View Post
Well I also budget my resources. I am planning on retiring in three years so I keep my expenses low and divert as much as I can into my savings and 401K.

Good for you! Don't see how this is relevant to your questioning of how women can afford all these trips, but ok.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:33 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
When someone seems to good to be true you got to really wonder why they are still single.
I am found a really stange trend in the people I went to high school with the best looking somes are always the last to get married ex the ultra attractive ones. I wonder if they are just too pick or get so many people attracted to them that they feel no pressure to lock it in with one. Out of these women that I know that are not that smart/ accomplished either.

I think as people get older they start bulding up more creteria for who they want to be with. If they are single long enough the list gets so big it is just unlikely anyone will make the cut.
My husband thought I was too good to be true. Legit thought I wasn't even real and thought someone was pranking him, and yet, I thought the same thing of him. OKC's match rating was a very good indicator of baseline compatibility for me. The number of questions they answered, and in what categories, along with how they prioritized their answers, was an even better way to really assess compatibility in many different areas. I had a lot of high 90s matches, some 100%, which were often the best interactions and dates. YMMV. (generally speaking)

In any case, I was his highest match ever, over the course of many years he explored the realm of online dating, and he dated a few other women that he also met on OKC.

He wasn't the last of his social group to get married, but one of the few never married singles left. A lot of his peers were married with children at the time we met. He was 35, never married and childless. He was very selective and didn't want to settle. The time spent waiting paid off in the end.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:16 AM

365 posts, read 258,020 times
Quote:
A friend of mine finally decided to try an dating website and I told him the first rule is, no matter how many pictures a woman has on her profile, if they are all close ups of her face, she's hiding something!
And watch out for the women who use 'Glamor Shot's' that they went to some studio to have made. It's not what they really look like.
Or if the photos of the face are all fuzzy and out of focus - that's a trick photographers use to hide wrinkles and blemishes. Look, we all get wrinkles and blemishes as we age, but to try and hide it with fuzzy photos is like a man trying to hide his lack of hari with a comb-over.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:21 AM

365 posts, read 258,020 times
Quote:
Yup! I have a good friend who spends a fortune on his boat and golf. Then he wonders how I (a boatless land lover who does not golf) can afford to travel so much. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships