Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2017, 09:27 AM

365 posts, read 258,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.D.Saster View Post

Between age 58 and 65:
Must be at least 5’11” or taller and be height/weight proportional, physically fit, high energy and virile. If you don’t have a full head of your own hair, and all of your own teeth then please don’t waste my time. Please be financially secure and have your own (paid for) home. If you are renting or if you have been married before then I am not interested. No sports fans. Also, I do not like motorcycles, guns, hunting or fishing so if you do then move on to the next profile.

You forgot to add he must have an income of at least $100,000 a year, preferably $150,000+.
A girl has to keep up the style she is accustomed to, right?

OTOH, I know a woman in her 40's who is very good looking and worth at least $5,000,000. She is very concerned as to how she will filter out the guys who just want her for her body and her money. Unfortunately, I think that is a very real concern for her.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:57 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Love em. So hot.

One person I'm seeing is in international finance, but has toned down the travel, she owns three properties, keeps bees and chickens, working on starting a community food program and is restoring a old house.

Another is a doctor, restoring a farmhouse in VT, and into hardcore white water kayaking (currently in the Alps for kayaking) and has a band.

They're just so hot. Sure, loads of hurdles, but damn they're hot and inspirational.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:52 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombus View Post
WOW! I am starting to feel like I just can't compete. I have been looking for women in my age group to see if I can find a good woman for a good relationship for both of us.

Alas, these sites are full of SuperWomen. I mean there is nothing athletic, daring, dangerous, etc. that they don't do. They play tennis and golf. They ski up hill. They mountain bike in the most rugged terrain. They backpack for days in primitive wilderness. They sail boats, ride motorcycles and jump out of airplanes. This is all on top of working out at least 5 days a week for a couple of hours a day.

They also play an instrument or two, are gourmet cooks and have mastered several artistic skills. They have had highly responsible very professional jobs that they still do. And, of course, they volunteer with several organizations so they can help others.

On top of all that they look great in hiking clothing or a short black dress. All their friends say they look 10 to 20 years younger than their actual age.

I am starting to feel very inadequate.

Signed,

An Average Guy
What goes up must come down my friend. And people on the internet are not always what they seem. People lie on the internet just like they lie in court and lie to the police.

If they're all so super why are they all so super single? I mean really, if they were really all that and a bag of chips they'd have all the rich, handsome, athletic guys blowing up their phones right? nah, there's a fatal flaw somewhere, but of course they aren't going to advertise that, just like the used car dealer isn't going to say anything in the Autotrader ad about the slipping transmission on the otherwise nice looking car. You'll just get a bunch of pretty pictures and some key stats that everybody lists.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
They don't want average guys when super males are coming at them.
Super males are a figment of their imagination and probably not looking for them on the internet to the rare extent they do exist. They think 80% of guys on the internet are "below average", if that gives you any indication of how they view it.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:17 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Super males are a figment of their imagination and probably not looking for them on the internet to the rare extent they do exist. They think 80% of guys on the internet are "below average", if that gives you any indication of how they view it.
Grrrr you're not a woman, why is it your habit to speak for them?
Just don't do OLD, why care if anyone else does?
I don't think 80% of men on the internet are below average! I do not KNOW 80% of men on the internet, not even 1%, and I'm not shallow enough to judge someone "below average" just by a face shot and a sentence..

I'm sorry you have such a poor and skewed image of women, I know you're not picking that view up from women here.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don't think 80% of men on the internet are below average! I do not KNOW 80% of men on the internet, not even 1%, and I'm not shallow enough to judge someone "below average" just by a face shot and a sentence..

I'm sorry you have such a poor and skewed image of women, I know you're not picking that view up from women here.
No, that was actually from a scientific study done about online dating. I was merely paraphrasing some it's findings. thanks for playing though. I don't have a poor or skewed image of women. I have an accurate one.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:24 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:

Quote:
No, that was actually from a scientific study done about online dating. I was paraphrasing some it's findings. thanks for playing though. I don't have a poor or skewed image of women. I have an accurate one.

Actually it was an in house study done by a dating site. But in that study, women found 80% of the men there below average. That doesn't say much for either gender, does it?

Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
No, there was actually a scientific study about online dating. I was paraphrasing some it's findings. thanks for playing though.
I'm not a scientific study, is that why I don't know what women think? Completely dismissive and illogical. You will do much better if you make your own experiences and quit paraphrasing.

(Next time I get a decent consolation prize, you're the one who keeps setting up the game.)

Old 05-05-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Actually it was an in house study done by a dating site. But in that study, women found 80% of the men there below average. That doesn't say much for either gender, does it?
Okay, maybe not "scientific" like in the peer reviewed sense but in the general sense, as in, somebody actually took the time to extrapolate information based on a set of data they had. It's not like I pulled that out of my butt or was trying to masquerade as a woman so as to have the authority to speak for them (lol, god...)

Anyway, they found that men rated women on a perfectly bell shaped curve just like you'd expect to see, with 50% being lower than average and 50% being higher. Women though see 80% as below average and 20% above. Sounds about right.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I'm not a scientific study, is that why I don't know what women think? Completely dismissive and illogical. You will do much better if you make your own experiences and quit paraphrasing.

(Next time I get a decent consolation prize, you're the one who keeps setting up the game.)
Madam, I give up on you. As many others have no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships