Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:02 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times

Advertisements

Yes, absolutely. I have been attracted to a woman by the sound of her voice.

I've also had one or two women say they were attracted to me, as I'm constantly told I have a "broadcaster's voice", like an announcer.
That aside, I dated a woman last year whose voice attracted me. Suffice to say, I eventually showed her how attracted I was. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 09:02 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Have any of you ever met or dated someone of the opposite gender (or talked to them over the phone) and the moment you heard their voice, you were immediately attracted to them?

This has happened to me only once in my life, and I gotta say, when it did happen, the guy in question wasn't necessarily attractive in the universal sense...but, that didn't matter to me. All I knew, was that I was immediately and strangely attracted to him and I felt drawn to him because of that attraction - it was as if I had felt immediate chemistry with someone I didn't even know, just because of the sound of their voice!

Is it possible to become physically/sexually attracted to someone - regardless of what they look like - just by how their voice sounds to you? Has this ever happened to you? If so, how did you react and what did you do about it?
Hello my love

Yes I've heard the Irish, Italian and even American accent and STEAMED right in

At least I know you and a few others like a British accent

Old 04-24-2017, 09:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Yes! Definitely!

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Nope but Ive had the opposite happen. Once I heard someone's voice any attraction I had right down the toilet.
happens as well. I think the sportscaster Erin Andrews is one example of that.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Voice alone? That's never happened. I saw photos of the men I talked to before the first phone conversation. But I've developed more attraction if the voice was particularly sexy. I'm a sucker for a nice voice.

I was swooning and giddy like a school girl when I heard my husband's voice on his voicemail. He has a super sexy voice.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:54 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,743 times
Immediately. I have more than a medium sized thing for upper class English accents. Lalla Ward and Diana Rigg influenced me at an early age.

I did nothing about this attraction of course. She's married and I'm, well, me.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Accents excite me. Lol
vell vell, ve haf gotten you intriged, hafnt ve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
You like deep voices huh....? Anything else you like deep?
yes, probably something you dont have(kidding)

i havent fallen in love over a voice, neither have i been turned off by a voice. however i have been influenced by voices before.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yes,straight woman are by nature attracted to deep voices.
Yes. I started talking to this guy online a few years ago, after the first guy I dated online. We emailed for a little while, and he was nice to talk to and asked me to call him, so I did. And as soon as he answered and started talking, I was like, OOOOOMGGGG, his voice is so deep and hot...lol. We talked for hours that day and several others, before we finally met. He was tall and as good-looking as his picture, but unfortunately as I later discovered, going bald...so that kind of killed the attraction. (Ladies, there's a reason for those hats. :/) We did go out a couple times though, and were watching a movie so it was dark, and his voice was even more noticeable, and I told him he had a really hot voice, that as soon as I talked to him on the phone, I was like "wow"...lol. Btw, I think the deep voice correlation thing seems to be true, at least in my experience, lol.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:21 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,799 times
Quote:
See, that's the thing though...his voice wasn't even necessarily "deep"....Idk how to explain it! It was just the way his voice resonated...and the tone of his voice. It was smooth but raspy at the same time. I've never heard a voice like his since - but, if I ever hear a voice similar to his again, I know I'll perk up and feel that same feeling that I did before!
I've had that happen too - a guy I hit it off with last summer, had a voice like that, sort of deep and raspy (he was older, so that's probably why.). I just liked his voice, and the way he talked and the inflection...sort of a ghetto flare. And of course, when he would say my name, lol. I'm sure it helped that he was really into me too, lol. There's a guy on the radio that reminds me of him, but not quite as deep.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oTGELH8ZEhc

Old 04-25-2017, 11:02 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Have any of you ever met or dated someone of the opposite gender (or talked to them over the phone) and the moment you heard their voice, you were immediately attracted to them?
Sam Elliott. He's my Hall Pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships