Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 01:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,358 times

Advertisements

To explain my predicament, it's best to start with what happened 6 years ago. So this girl sends me friend request. I accept it and we chat for a week or so. Now keep in mind I was 15 at that point. So I initiated the conversation and I started off indifferent towards her. I did find her attractive, but i don't really remember why I didn't make an effort with her. I think it was the fact she called me 'bro', which, being the obtuse person I was, thought she meant in the literal sense (friendzone). I kinda remember I was already a bit torn up about getting rejected (predictably) from my crush, who had a 20 year old bf. Anyway's she initiated the chat 2 times asking what's up and trying small talk, whereas I was trying to avoid her, thinking she was just trying to keep me as a friend (no clue why I thought that).

So a few days ago, I'm going through my feed, and I see her picture (I rarely check social media now due to university). And I think "woh, she's really pretty. Why haven't I talked to her more?" So I open up my chat archives and read our conversation with regret and disgust. I thought to myself, "dude this hot chick was into you and you *insert swear word here* it up big time."

Over the days, I've actually developed a crush on her (which makes her my second crush, and makes her something rare). I have never approached women except my first crush, its the usually the other way around. I'm somewhat confident that she might respond positively because I am a good looking guy, I believe in taking care of myself and i'm financially well off (sorry about that, I hate blowing my own horn). The things which hold me back are my ego, my arrogance and my anxious nature. I've decided to send her a message as soon as I'm finished with my semester and this time I'm going to make an effort.

I want this girl, and similar to how I operate in real life, I've planned every step. But since there are so many variables human nature, its hard to find a clear outcome to her response.

Therein lies my predicament: do you think she will think of me the same way she did years back if I started the conversation and actually made an effort, if yes, why? If no, why?

I would prefer if a woman would answer this question. I've gotten quite a lot of advice from my mates. Don't really trust my lady friends with this info.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 06:52 PM

2,702 posts, read 1,821,976 times
There's no way to predict. I would advise you to contact her and you'll have your answer. Not sure I would wait though, even if she is single and available today doesn't mean that she will be single and available tomorrow. I would reach out to her, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Good luck!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:57 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,248,091 times
People change so it's hard to say whether she'd still be into you today. All you can do is contact her and find out.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:50 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,310,543 times
Give it a try but I would advise you to do away with your plan to control variables to achieve a predetermined outcome. Planning every step to win a person over can hugely backfire. She is her own person and she isn't there to play a role in your imagined relationship act.

Let the courtship be loose, spontaneous even. If she sees you as rigid she will probably skip out as fast as she can. Good luck! 👍🏻

Old 04-26-2017, 12:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,676,785 times
step up and talk to her, but be cool about it. the other thing you need to do is learn to relax, remember the worst she can do is say no.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:18 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,891,958 times
She's got to be old now! Jus sayin.

Why was she hitting you up when you are only 15?!

Old 04-26-2017, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,358 times
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I'll have to consider it a coin toss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
She's got to be old now! Jus sayin.

Why was she hitting you up when you are only 15?!
She's the same age as me lol. So teenage crushes, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships