Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 09:09 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I always get weird vibes when men in their 30s and 40s approach and flirt with me. From my encounters they were quite immature and shallow. Based on what they were saying. They've kind of turned me off from dating a guy more than 10 years older than me.

I know ALL of them aren't like that. That's just been my experience. I never have been interested in the first place. We ALL age. At the end of the day. It's a fact of life.
The cold approach is lame and creepy. I think this is true for just about any age.

It's best to get to know the people first through networking, invite for parties, build trust/intimacy, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 09:12 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
The cold approach is lame and creepy.

It's best to get to know the people first through networking, invite for parties, build trust/intimacy, etc.
Still wouldn't work on me. Met several older men through school, family, parties, etc. It's still weird to me. Bottomline: I'm just not interested and don't want to be bothered. Oh well.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:14 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
Quote:
Still wouldn't work on me. Met several older men through school, family, etc. It's still weird to me. Bottomline: I'm just not interested and don't want to be bothered. Oh well.
Cool then. Then don't come over to the party.

IF a girl shows no interest, there is no use of continuing.

Just go to the next. Not all girls like older guys. No worries.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:16 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
He told you:

Loving and rubbing! Sheesh, 30 something don't do it. Got any paper towels you can spare for him?
What are you talking about here?

Old 05-14-2017, 10:18 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,276 times
Quote:
Younger women with TONS less baggage. No kids, no nasty divorce that's created trust issues, etc.

The short answer to your question, possibly a potential partner to have children with. A child has much greater chance of being born healthy with the mother being younger. Also they generally come with a more submissive attitude that I like. Don't care for the sheman mentality running rampant in our culture nowadays.

OR ... as many that age now are self-centered, fleeting, and superficial in our day and age, a fun time while it lasts.

I thoroughly enjoy it when I'm with a younger girl and people get all offended.

Great sex. cute little bodies. No regrets. I ONLY pursue girls in their twenties anymore.
Have you found anyone in their 20s who is willing to settle down with you?

Old 05-14-2017, 11:02 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,926,979 times
Quote:

Great sex. cute little bodies. No regrets. I ONLY pursue girls in their twenties anymore.
Meh. I don't think "Cute little bodies" are necessarily synonymous with girls in their 20's. I once dated a 22 year old and a 42 year old in the same year when I was 31. The 42 year old had the better and "Cuter little body" of the two. I was with a few 20 somethings that year and I think the 42 year old had the best out of all of them, outside of my then 29 year old soon to be wife, who I met later that year. There was one 24 year old that year with a nice body, but I'm pretty sure she had an eating disorder and all kinds of other issues. I'll take my 32 year old soon to be wife over all of them, please and thank you.
Quote:
To hell with that. When I was single, I asked out girls to get to know them, not get to know them to ask them out.

I felt like getting to know them before asking them out was a waste of time, that I could be using to date somebody else. Now if I already knew them and then asked them out, that was fine, too. But getting to know them or being their friend first, forget that. That's what dating is for.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:29 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Racing View Post
I am 20 years old guy and my dad is 43 and divorced my mom 3 years ago. He has been dating ever since and the majority of the women he dates are in their early to mid 20s and this pisses me off. My dad is a very good looking guy that looks like he is in his early to mid 30s so I can see why women like him but I am just not comfortable with him dating women that I also would be dating based on age. Should I confront him and tell him I am not comfortable with this or let him be.
Good for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Kidding me, dude? you should be giving him high-5's!

Ask him to hook you up.
He can't handle the competition.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:27 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,997,765 times
Quote:
Well not being attracted to them for a relationship and not relating with them are two different things.

Not every one that is mid thirties has a family for example.

People have different goals in life.
Most 22-year old women will have zero interest in a 42-year old man (I'm talking an average man making decent money, not a millionaire). If an older man just happens to meet a younger woman, that's one thing. I'm talking about men that will talk to countless young women looking for a sugar baby. At the same time, they never even consider talking to someone closer to their age. These guys are looking for something very specific and it's rarely as simple as "this is just what I like." It's usually an issue of maturity or a desire to wield power using their life experience or money.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:42 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Still wouldn't work on me. Met several older men through school, family, parties, etc. It's still weird to me. Bottomline: I'm just not interested and don't want to be bothered. Oh well.
I think the way you think is probably more normal than not. I think it's normal for people to tend to stay somewhat within their age range.

It's not abnormal if a woman likes older guys, but I don't believe it's really that common. There are a couple of posters here that consistently date much older men and if that works for them fine.

I'm later 40's and truly have no desire to date a much younger woman than me. At this point in my life if I were single the lowest I would probably aim toward would be late 30's early 40's. I probably wouldn't go much past my age, I would just prefer for us to be in the same generation and have similar life views.

Younger people tend to view the world differently than older people. Not making a character judgment, just saying.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:48 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,966,039 times
Good for dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships