Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:51 AM

4 posts, read 9,603 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,nice to meet you.

So,I need help about my boyfriend who is creeping me out and making me furious.We have been together for almost two months.When it all started it was pretty cool,it took almost 4 dates for us to kiss.But then when we were ''officially together'' he started pushing so much pressure on me.He expects to go out all the time,for coffee and then beer at night and the fact is that Im on the university in a town 1 hour from my hometown and I only go to my hometown on weekends and that 2 days I wanna see my parents,my best friends and he is asking me on Monday what my plans are when I go to the town on Friday,it drives me nuts.It had been a month almost that I didnt see my best friend because I used to put him in the first place.
Thing two:Facebook messages,or I should call this spam better.
I'm not fond of facebook chat anymore.He is bombing me with messages all the damn time..And I have said to him so many times that Im not the facebook girl I have things to study and to do in general I cant be 24h on facebook and I dont want to but he doesnt seem to get it.He is always like, ''what are you doing right now'' or ''what are your plans for tonight'' and if i say to him that ''Ill go out for a beer'' he will insist to know with whom I am planning to go.He is just so obsessed I cant breath.AND, if Im late when I reply he will spam me like hell.Or,if im not on facebook for a couple of hours he is all like ''I was freaked out,I worried so much''
He is all like ''so,what do u want to discuss?'' and I have told him I dont like chatting on facebook.
Thing three: Gifts.He bought me a very expensive ticket for a concert he wants to go together,and I pretty appreciate that.But it makes me feel like he is trying to buy my feelings with it and I hate it.Plus,its just less than 2 months we are together,so its kinda ''too much'' for me.
He is 2,5 years younger than me,also.
Oh,and he makes so many plans for the future too.
Guys,I cant breath he is making me feel like im drowning,help me what I can do with him?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 04:12 AM

779 posts, read 596,122 times
First, this should be in the relationships subforum.

The best help one can give is to talk to him about his behavior. If he understands that his behavior leaves little to no room for you to 'breath' and he is willing to change, then you can consider going on with this relationship.

If not, just end the relationship with him and move on. It's a waste of time and nerves really, nothing good will come from it.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:58 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
you either dump him right away since he is making you really uncomfortable, or have a talk with him letting him know that you need a lot more personal space. Being too clingy is one of the worst things one can do to scare away the other person. One shouldn't behave like that even you two are in a deep relationship for 3 years.

Also maybe he is in a hurry to get married or something and you are just "dating". Should make that clear too.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-04-2017 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Thread moved

Old 05-04-2017, 05:18 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times
So you are asking for advice to move rather to Wien or Prague? I prefer Wien.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:34 AM

4 posts, read 9,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
So you are asking for advice to move rather to Wien or Prague? I prefer Wien.
I would go for Prague.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:26 AM

395 posts, read 462,863 times
Some girls/women seem to enjoy being in a relationship with someone who is possessive. The fact that you are still in this relationship when this boy is showing such obsessive, bordering on stalking type of behavior, suggests to me you may fall into that category of girls/ women. His behavior sends some serious red flags and clearly has been from almost the beginning. Yet you are still with him. At this point, you could walk away from this very easily (most likely, unless he is that mentally unstable, in which case it could already be a bit dangerous). From observation, one of the things women (and men) often seem to enjoy by staying in such a relationship is the attention it affords them. They can talk about all the "creepy" behavior, share the drama, and "seek" people's advice (such as on a forum) when the obvious answer is to just walk away. Like I said, however, there is something that the "victim" of the obsessive behavior gets out of such a relationship that has her/him stay.
Good luck to you.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:33 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
So many red flags indicating that this relationship will end up in a bad place you already know he's a creep.

These are the type of people to drop like a hot potato run in the opposite direction lose the number and never look back.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:23 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
So what do you want to know from us? Just dump him and find a normal guy.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
You have to communicate directly that he is smothering you.

Some good tips here:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/arti...n-relationship

Old 05-04-2017, 11:28 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Why are you with this guy? You realize you don't have to continue the relationship, right? You're not trapped. It sounds like with your studies, plus visiting family on weekends, you don't have time for one, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships