Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 12:42 PM

393 posts, read 1,497,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That sounds sooo sweet and loving! Let's hope the "unit" doesn't read it.
Hey now, it could be a pet name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 01:52 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
wow.. Westernmatch and Country Match?... They sure do cater to all now.. that is right up my ally

Old 03-08-2008, 02:21 PM

26 posts, read 152,024 times
I still like Myspace but the choices get slim if you are over 30 since it's so youth oriented. I have a profile on vampirefreaks but that's only if you are into alternative goth/punk/emo types. I've met over half a dozen girls on Myspace after I moved to Pocatello, one I'm dating right now. I only got a Myspace to meet girls here since there is almost no goth type subculture here and so hardly anyone here on vampirefreaks. (I already dated most of the legal age girls I found on that site anyway)

Old 03-08-2008, 04:02 PM

57 posts, read 324,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
wow.. Westernmatch and Country Match?... They sure do cater to all now.. that is right up my ally
Good luck with it! I have a friend who married a man from Texas who she initally met on country match so that's what brought me there. I know a few couples who met initally on that site. I would say country match gets more of the redneck and or farm crowd especially from the upper south( Mo,Ky,Ar,Tn) and deep south as well as some northern dairy farm types.
Western Match I joined on a whim since it seems to cater a bit more to the West(Wyoming,Montana,etc) as well as Texas. There seems to be a good number of "ranchers" on there as opposed to farmers. So just depends on where you are looking for and/or the "type" of country gal you are looking for. Good luck!

Old 03-08-2008, 04:19 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
I used Lavalife. I liked the way it was set up. It was a pay site and not expensive at all. All nice girls answered me. No jerks.

There was a few special questions asked which went something like this: If there was just one physical feature which is most important to you, what is it?

I put down long long beautiful hair down to the waist or more.

Then it said what is the 2nd most important physical feature.

I put down DDs.

I got more hate mail from women who cut their hair like a little boy then you can shake a stick at. I had no problems/complaints with the boob part because I guess women expect this desire from men. If they did not match my wants (long hair) then why did they bother to answer me with hate mail?

What is it with hair? Men like it long !! Why do women cut it off and complain later? I want long long hair and I have the same so Im not just being one sided. If you dont like your short hair then stay the hell outta the Barber shop. It's that simple.

Anyhow....in the end I gave up Lavalife and went to Adult Friendfinders. Yea yea I know, no hate mail please. But it worked for me. I met a red headed Irish girl with hair below her waist and the DDs. And the bonus is our personalities match perfectly. After about 4 years we married and 2 more have passed. It is all good !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the universe for internet dating !

Old 03-08-2008, 04:24 PM

57 posts, read 324,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I used Lavalife. I liked the way it was set up. It was a pay site and not expensive at all. All nice girls answered me. No jerks.

There was a few special questions asked which went something like this: If there was just one physical feature which is most important to you, what is it?

I put down long long beautiful hair down to the waist or more.

Then it said what is the 2nd most important physical feature.

I put down DDs.

I got more hate mail from women who cut their hair like a little boy then you can shake a stick at. I had no problems/complaints with the boob part because I guess women expect this desire from men. If they did not match my wants (long hair) then why did they bother to answer me with hate mail?

What is it with hair? Men like it long !! Why do women cut it off and complain later? I want long long hair and I have the same so Im not just being one sided. If you dont like your short hair then stay the hell outta the Barber shop. It's that simple.

Anyhow....in the end I gave up Lavalife and went to Adult Friendfinders. Yea yea I know, no hate mail please. But it worked for me. I met a red headed Irish girl with hair below her waist and the DDs. And the bonus is our personalities match perfectly. After about 4 years we married and 2 more have passed. It is all good !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the universe for internet dating !
Wow, yeah for a real genuine relationship I wouldn't recommend adult friend finders. All you have to do is look at the site and that's obvious. Glad it worked out for you but that's just few and far between I'm quite sure.
Also, word of advice for all you men out there- Don't put your preference for DD's on your profile! Most women will pass you right by if you put something like that on there.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMama View Post
Also, word of advice for all you men out there- Don't put your preference for DD's on your profile! Most women will pass you right by if you put something like that on there.
He-he, what's wrong with honesty?! If they're dumb enough to do that, at least you know who you're dealing with...

Old 03-08-2008, 08:43 PM

353 posts, read 1,261,666 times
I just signed up with an online dating site (yeah, I caved) and so far I got replies from guys who 1) don't live anywhere near DC (Detroit?! Vegas?!) 2) out of my age range (one guy responded who was almost 60!) and 3) don't have anything in common with me (I said I was "spiritual, but not religious" and one guy was pretty much all about church). I'm going to give it a month, but if it continues on like this the subscription will be cancelled.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:06 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,420 times
Yup - POF & OKC!!!
Whoever mentioned OKC must be a freak though!
That site is just full of long haired poly guys!

Hmmm - vampirefreaks?
Wish I'd found that when I was single!!!
Is it free?
There's another great goth one - it's only like 10$
I think it's gothsingles or something like that...
Man the fun I would've had with THAT one if I was still single!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Maybe the long haired poly guys say more about who you match with than who's on OKC. I've never dated a guy who was either poly OR had long hair off of it! But yeah.. there's certainly a large poly community on there!

People are much more serious on OKC than I would expect for a free site. No fake profiles, guys serious about meeting, and plenty of successful people. Plus- about 2 guys for every girl? Definitely a girl's market.

I used Jdate for awhile but it didn't work out too well for me and turned me off of pay sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships