Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 06:02 PM

4,625 posts, read 3,376,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Oops, sorry. So is this the girl who calls other men ugly a lot? (I really hope I haven't guessed wrong again!)

I think you can just say we're not a match. If she persists in asking, you can say well one of the red flags is that you seem to call other men ugly a lot, and you've seemed jealous and that makes me uncomfortable.

Hope you don't come home to a rabbit boiling on the stove. ;D
You guessed right this time!

Would it be rude to mention one of the above suggestions? They are certainly true but I don't want to hurt her more....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 06:04 PM

11,770 posts, read 11,988,270 times
She can demand all she wants and you can just delete her contact info or block her.

If you want to give her an answer, tell you've decided a long-distance relationship doesn't work for you.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:06 PM

35,522 posts, read 17,824,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post

Would it be rude to mention one of the above suggestions? They are certainly true but I don't want to hurt her more....?
I don't think it would be rude at all - these are things she can work on changing, if she chooses to, in the future with another relationship. And it would give her clear feedback which it seems like she wants.

Best wishes with it.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times
She lives in another country, so you have THAT advantage.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:49 PM

153 posts, read 120,672 times
She just gets better and better. Being sarcastic of course, but seriously, cut off all communication. You may get the unhinged texts for a while, but she'll tire of that and work on her next conquest.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:14 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,065,260 times
I am guessing you weren't dating very long? Just tell her that you realized that you aren't as compatible with each other as you had originally thought you were going to be. And that it's best you both go your separate ways.

If she can't accept that, block her and just move on.
I get it, break ups suck, but unless you are 15 she should be able to handle this better by now..

Old 05-06-2017, 03:01 AM

23,165 posts, read 26,122,269 times
She's accusing you of playing her and you don't want her to see you that way because you weren't, right?
Sorry. There's probably nothing you can say that will convince her so just let it go.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:37 AM

5,291 posts, read 5,217,330 times
You will just have to tell her that you are sorry, but you just dont want to be in a relationship with her. You owe her no more than that. Than block her so she can't keep contacting her. She sounds like she needs some help in ending this relationship, so help her by going No Contact. At all.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:52 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:

You also said she lied to you about another guy she'd been with, while you two were broken up, right? Since she's demanding an explanation, give her the truth. That's what she's asking for.

But be aware that when people demand, beg, cry, whatever, for an explanation, it's usually not just for "closure". The usually end up arguing about the reason, or explaining that you misjudged a situation, or whatever. So if that happens, just shut that down, say you're not here to debate your reasons. You're honoring her request for the reasons you broke up, there will be no more discussion, the conversation is over, tell her. And mean it. Leave or hang up, if she persists.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:08 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,477,173 times
Quote:

Anyone have a surefire way of letting someone down easy?

[/b]
Nope. Just tell her to get lost. Some of you put up with too much, but if it floats your boat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
OP, she will just have to accept your apology.
One that's not necessary and won't be coming? Why string her along like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships