Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 03:10 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,290,577 times

Advertisements

Update your resume and good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 03:10 PM

728 posts, read 470,807 times
Don't. I did this twice, 11 yrs apart. It ended both times the same way; she started seeing a coworker.

I told myself when I met the one I just got through with, that I wouldn't do it again. I took things super slow with with her. Once more, I got hurt.

Don't s*** where you eat. Its great advice. Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:38 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,232,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
LOL how good are you at tolerating awkwardness?
On a scale from 1-10, 10 being really good at tolerating awkwardness, I would have to say 1.

Ok, after reading the replies this doesn't sound like a good idea.

It seemed like a good idea because it was convenient. I don't meet to many ladies (unless they're cold strangers) so why not hook up with one in the office. I think I have to just be more outgoing and open up my options.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:42 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,324,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
There's a girl at my office that I like. Should I pursue? What should I know? What are the cautions?
Pursue if you want, but if it does not work, then it could be awkward at best.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:46 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,287,003 times
Quote:
On a scale from 1-10, 10 being really good at tolerating awkwardness, I would have to say 1.

Ok, after reading the replies this doesn't sound like a good idea.

It seemed like a good idea because it was convenient. I don't meet to many ladies (unless they're cold strangers) so why not hook up with one in the office. I think I have to just be more outgoing and open up my options.
Ha....yeah, hookups not advised...bad intentions to begin with and just ripe for misunderstandings.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:03 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times
OP, did you expect 2017 to be different from 2016 in this regard? It isn't.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:16 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,616,799 times
My guess it's about no different than any other time.

If things don't work out, there will be awkwardness, tension, foolishness, etc.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:07 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:

This is why university professors try to get involved with their students. The pickings seem to easy; they're right there. But doing that can get them fired. I've never understood why professors don't just get themselves a social life. Is it really so hard? The same with store employees who come on to their customers. Don't people have a life outside of work? Apparently, a lot of people don't.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:29 PM

37,496 posts, read 45,805,567 times
Quote:
There's a girl at my office that I like. Should I pursue? What should I know? What are the cautions?
We feel the same as we did in 2016.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:31 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,630,443 times
Quote:
This is a bad idea like texting and driving. I have over 18 years of work experience. For full-time employees and long-term contractors, it usually doesn't work out. The divorce rate is generally about 50%. The odds are also high for a relationship to fade with a breakup. A "relationship" at work will likely not last. When it ends, it is really awkward. Usually, one of the exes quits and gets "out of Dodge" so to speak.

But it happens. Many people do it. The majority of them fail at it. A few statistical outlying "exceptions" are able to make it work, but they are far and few in between.

I would recommend alternative scenarios: a coed gym, coed sports like softball or volleyball, a running group for young adults, hiking, etc.

I keep my relationships to the gym. There is no work-related soap opera about to explode. It's just the gym and very casual and low-key. There are many beautiful women in there. I met my girlfriend at the FSU campus gym when I was working as a state engineer in Tallahassee. At the time, I couldn't care less about dating a coworker because the gym had many, many opportunities every day (LOL).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pj2zV5FdYU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships