Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ09990 View Post
This is just a fact-finding mission. Nobody talks to me in public. I'm just trying to figure out why. Maybe I do have RBF (although my friends probably would've pointed that out at some point).
A single pic doesn't give us much info, but nothing about you (in that lone photo) says unapproachable, and you're pretty. Like LC said though, most men need some kind of signal that an approach is welcome, especially outside of places where meeting people is the whole point of being there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
I didn't read your comment as mean. I probably should smile more. I'll work on that.
It definitely doesn't hurt.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:04 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
I didn't read your comment as mean. I probably should smile more. I'll work on that.
Out of interest what happens when you're out socially say on a night out with the girls? Is their more interest or the same?

I'll tell you why I asked depending on the answer , Cheers

Old 05-11-2017, 10:11 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I'd say you are looking for a drinker.

I know that is a camera, but you look like you are swinging a cocktail glass.

Seriously, OP, whatever your interests are, go look in that area, or make it clear on your profile if you are advertising on OLD.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:11 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Someone in their 30s
Decent job, responsible/reliable, money isn't the most important thing to you but you wouldn't put up with nonsense or a loser.
Someone independent and a little on the quiet side - he'd let you "call the shots", but he's no doormat. He'll go out with the guys for drinks now and then but he's not the "loud" guy in the room... maybe he golfs.
He's not going to be the "player" in the bar... maybe to meet him you'll have to be the one to initiate conversation/a date.

Total guess.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 05-11-2017 at 10:20 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 10:13 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,572,970 times
In order to answer your question, I have to first try to figure out what type of person you are first. I hope you don't mind.

Here is what I think about you, and I can be completely wrong.

You are the type of person that value life. Money doesn't mean much to you. You don't dress to impress others, you probably wear nice clothes because it makes you feel good in general. You like sharing with others about your thought and what you have including money wise. You are willing to pay for something you think is worth the money for, but it doesn't mean you will waste money on things like Gucci or Coach. Maybe once in a while you will buy, but I don't think you are one of those kind of people that go crazy about big brand. You tend to hold on to the important part of your life in memory for as long as you can remember. You do what you can, so you are not lazy, but from time to time you may slack off by not doing what you should be doing even though you know you really should be doing. Again, all these could be wrong.

Now, to answer your question about who is your "type". In my opinion, I think the one that is your "type" would need to care about you, but is not that easy to find. The person should be very patient with you, and like to have a nice conversation with you. It doesn't matter what you guys talk about, but the important things is the guy has to be willing to talk to you about anything, even a small little thing that happen during the day while he is at work. He should respect your opinion, ask you what you think and what you like whenever he has an opinion. He should never lay a hand on you just because his emotion got to the best of him.

Let me know what you think.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:14 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
I can't tell a guys physical appearance from what his personality would have to be like to approach you, my guess:

You are attracted to: Someone aggressive, from the smile and pose, maybe overly confident....
An average guy might think, if he came up to you to start a conversation, that you'd reply in a loud insensitive manner: "What? I didn't hear you, you want to join me?!" He doesn't know what kind of reaction he would get and doesn't want a scene.

I'd say you are attracted to the kind of guy who sees himself as 'gregarious' or 'assertive' or some personality that would be similar to a car salesman, the kind who's like: "Look at me!" Someone who calls himself an Alpha...

Some people don't appreciate being approached in public or the type that would approach in public. It's not such a great thing. (I find it embarrassing.)

What is your type, anyway?

Last edited by RbccL; 05-11-2017 at 10:42 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 10:14 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
OP, I would guess the first item on your acceptable to get a man list is a man who is breathing.
After that who knows. Many times the one you fall in love with has no labels, restrictions, deal breakers or agenda but they
are breathing.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Asian! its written all over your face, and body!

Hehehe

Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 AM

216 posts, read 214,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Out of interest what happens when you're out socially say on a night out with the girls? Is their more interest or the same?

I'll tell you why I asked depending on the answer , Cheers
All my "girls" are married, so generally we're all sitting down at a table somewhere. I don't come across as "available" on GNOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships