Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 09:14 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
For many a shaved head increases the interest they receive mate
Bald men are scrumptious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 09:53 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I know plenty of ladies that loved a bloke that has a shaved head

Old 05-21-2017, 10:24 AM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
For many a shaved head increases the interest they receive mate
Didn't work for me. I received no attention while intentionally bald. Actually at the time my female coworkers begged me to grow my hair back out. It seems my skull is more like the surface of the moon than a billiard ball.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:36 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Didn't work for me. I received no attention while intentionally bald. Actually at the time my female coworkers begged me to grow my hair back out. It seems my skull is more like the surface of the moon than a billiard ball.
I've actually had mixed reviews on it when I've done it and I've a " bullet " head lol! , some preferred it and others thought I " looked like a thug ".... So it's horses for courses

My point was that others can make it work and actually look better..... Plus I'll have a natural one in a few years so I've got to embrace it!

Old 05-21-2017, 10:40 AM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
Quote:
That would explain why a lady I know, has taken to patting me on the head, and touching my hair.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:48 AM

741 posts, read 440,888 times
Quote:
Really? As it happens, I'm working on it. Quite against my will, but I'm working on it.

We should go out.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:54 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsenor View Post
It's very flattering but sometimes I get tired of having to deal with the amount of attention that I get from women. I try to remain polite, and for the most part I am, although on a few occasions I've been slightly rude or sarcastic, but that's only when it has gotten to ridiculous levels.

When I go to a bar I can almost feel the eyes on me, and then sooner or later a woman will either approach me directly or indirectly, and again, it's really flattering but sometimes it feels surreal and I don't know how to deal with it.

If I'm with a girl or when I have a girlfriend there's usually at least a couple of other girls who although they know I'm with someone they still feel like it's ok to flirt with me even when the girl I'm with is nearby.

It happens at work, at the supermarket, in the street, everywhere. Again, it's very flattering and I do like it in principle but some days it happens so often that it gets irritating. I don't want to be rude to anybody but I'm trying to think of some way to deal with it, or ignore it (it's hard!), or maybe do something to prevent it from happening so much.
That reminds me of Charlie Harper. Just beware of HIV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxdoD2sxjHU

Old 05-21-2017, 03:21 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's the price of being gorgeous. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Prepare for the onslaught that will soon follow your humblebrag, though ...

Give the guy a break, it can be quite confusing, you don't want to willingly hurt any woman's feelings, but you can't spread yourself around everywhere.
I thought that it was great when I was younger, and like a mug I thought that it would never end.
For me it began to slow dramatically around 38-40, when I got into a stable relationship with the woman I eventually married.
It still seemed that I was getting attention though, until one day the penny dropped, it was my fault, as much as I loved my lady, I couldn't seem to stop looking in the direction of other attractive women, although my hand to God, I didn't ever pursue them any more.
Naturally, even if they were only vaguely attracted to me, they saw my looking at them as a green light, and would maybe smile in return.
Once I'd gone cold turkey and started going around with averted eyes, it all changed and came good.
I don't miss it at all now, and in all honesty, were I to resume looking, I doubt that any woman would be interested.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:28 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
Give the guy a break, it can be quite confusing...
Hmmm. I was one of the few posters who took him seriously and offered advice. But ... ok.

Being good looking is a burden, regardless of whether people actually believe it, that requires a heightened sense of self-awareness so that you can regulate how your actions may affect the feelings of others you encounter.

No one can stop others from staring, as you seem to know.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:42 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Default How do you deal with excessive attention from women?

Gollygeewhiz! Don't know. Was never so rich or handsome that it was a problem. The closest I came was back in 1994 when I was in the midst of a divorce and about six women who knew me from work came out of the woodwork to let me know they were there for me; all of them single, hmmm!

I dealt with it by keeping away from all of them hungry wimmins but for professional necessity. Two years and many hints later, I asked out another woman I knew instead. She never gave out hints and I really liked that about her. Then I married her and was subject to some nasty looks from the others who knew her too.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 05-21-2017 at 04:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships