Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 05:19 PM

10,500 posts, read 7,021,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesismith View Post
Update:
Well, the musician I had a great night with, intense chemistry and was so sweet and respectful is in a long term relationship. After finding his public fb account and fan page, I also found the real one. And there it was, relationship status: in a relationship with....her full name. And they have been together for over 6 years at least (from what I read).
How in hell, can a guy be in a loving, LTR and still fool around?
Good point. But maybe the relationship was on the outs.

You just don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 05:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,513,728 times
Quote:
I know, it just felt weird. Like, I usually expect a text from the other person and this morning I realized I cannot even hope for one.
Plus, I had zero sleep (except for 30 min nap in the car) in the last 36 hours (work, night with him till morning and straight to school). I feel super anxious and confused. It will take a day or two for the reality to slap me in the face
Sorry I've just noticed you've replied back so apologies for the delay

Yes believe me I GET IT! LOL! ... I've lost count the amount of times I've had instant, insane chemistry and connection with one I've just met and ended up as you have or usually gone one better

And it really is as exciting and makes me feel alive as anything BUT luckily as my head is screwed on in this regard it's relatively easy for me to accept it was a one off/fling and act accordingly

But you'll get there I'm sure

Quote:
Update:
Well, the musician I had a great night with, intense chemistry and was so sweet and respectful is in a long term relationship. After finding his public fb account and fan page, I also found the real one. And there it was, relationship status: in a relationship with....her full name. And they have been together for over 6 years at least (from what I read).
How in hell, can a guy be in a loving, LTR and still fool around?
Yes it implies a lot but could be an open relationship/good for his public image/ fend off EVERY woman trying it on lol.... Point is you'll never know unfortunately so.....

Old 05-16-2017, 05:40 PM

76 posts, read 40,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Whoa, Sparky. Whoa. This is the kind of post that makes me kind of wonder. Let me break it down for you:

1) You had an amazing, magical night with a guy with whom you connected. Didn't make the beast with two backs (A wise move), but the universe opened up for you and him for several hours. You suddenly became aware of possibilities.

2) Almost immediately, you began turning off the tap. You started summoning up reasons why it couldn't work as opposed to how you might make it work.

3) You realize that, when you meet someone for the first time, you don't have to map out the entire relationship with all its twists and turns, right? For all you know, he might have some idiosyncrasies that will be deal breakers in the end.

In other words, if this guy was that amazing, if you two could complete each other's sentences, if every utterance was like angel's breath, if every moment was akin to walking on a cloud, you don't get too many of those people in life. And you just let him slip through your fingers because it was going to be harder than dating that slob you met in French.

That means you need to summon the wherewithal to explore matters more deeply. Hey, if this guy turns out to be a bust, it's a bust. But if you don't get back in touch with the guy, you'll spend the rest of your days thinking about That Night. You'll be sitting at the breakfast table with your future husband and embark on a daydream of that amazing night in May, 2017. Your husband will say, "What are you thinking about?" and you won't be able to tell him.

So here's what you do. Go back to the bar and ask, "Who was that musician on Friday night?" They'll have a way to get in touch with him. And then, GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM. Hell, it's the age of communication. Between Facebook, Snapchat, e-mail, mobile phones, texting, and everything else, we are the most connected people in the history of the world. And you're telling me you can't find him? Holy smokes, don't take up a career in law enforcement if that's the case.
You make some really good points here and it is a lecture for the future. Yes, it wouldn't have probably worked out (even if he didnt have a gf) but I should have let it develop the way it would, instead of assuming it will be a failure.
But I was in a long distance once and, the guy was very flexible with work, plus my school wasnt as intense and it didnt work out. I guess, I was scared of the slightest possibility for something like that to happen again.

And their relationship seems fine, like they have each other's parents in pictures, she sometimes travels with him. he does have relationship status but only few pics of the two of them. Anyway, seems like a serious thing. And I have to accept that this one is gone, and to learn not to make assumptions based on past relationships.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Sorry I've just noticed you've replied back so apologies for the delay

Yes believe me I GET IT! LOL! ... I've lost count the amount of times I've had instant, insane chemistry and connection with one I've just met and ended up as you have or usually gone one better

And it really is as exciting and makes me feel alive as anything BUT luckily as my head is screwed on in this regard it's relatively easy for me to accept it was a one off/fling and act accordingly

But you'll get there I'm sure

Yes it implies a lot but could be an open relationship/good for his public image/ fend off EVERY woman trying it on lol.... Point is you'll never know unfortunately so.....
Thanks, Londoncowboy. Always a pleasure to hear from you

Old 05-16-2017, 05:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,513,728 times
Quote:
Thanks, Londoncowboy. Always a pleasure to hear from you
You're most welcome and yes it would be most pleasurable to hear from you from now on as well!

( Thank you for your kind words )

Old 05-16-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
You're most welcome and yes it would be most pleasurable to hear from you from now on as well!

( Thank you for your kind words )
I will do my best

Old 05-16-2017, 06:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,878,348 times
Sorry you fell for a musician.

They do it because they can. The really good ones make you feel like it's the real thing.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Sorry you fell for a musician.

They do it because they can.
It is not like I expected there would be something meaningful (distance and his career) but I also did not expect to like him that much. I was the one always rolling my eyes when people say they were hurt after going on only two dates, etc.
I am nowhere hurt or anything but, he left a strong impression on me and I cant stop thinking about him for the past two days. He might be back for the summer festival in two months, but with all new info, it doesn't even matter.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,878,348 times
Quote:
It is not like I expected there would be something meaningful (distance and his career) but I also did not expect to like him that much. I was the one always rolling my eyes when people say they were hurt after going on only two dates, etc.
I am nowhere hurt or anything but, he left a strong impression on me and I cant stop thinking about him for the past two days. He might be back for the summer festival in two months, but with all new info, it doesn't even matter.
Yep, you've already wasted more time and energy on it than necessary.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yep, you've already wasted more time and energy on it than necessary.
yup. cant believe he said "you dont want to stay in touch because we live too far from each other."
Hahaha, yeah like that was the biggest issue (from his perspective). How about you are already in a committed relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships