Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 11:09 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
If you don't have any actual advice, why are you here? Just to pick at him? This is the second time you've called him a drama queen. Pretty sure he heard it the first time.

It was more a response to his determination that "most women" create this sort of drama. He seems quite capable of stirring it up himself but is missing how he's part of the equation, not a passive bystander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 11:15 AM

358 posts, read 208,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
One would think that she would be even more interested in making nice to be accepted here.
Yeah, I don't know man. Ive always made sure to have her involved with my family events, because of this. I think I wanted her to have some semblance of family life, considering hers is so far away. Hell, I flew to another continent to meet her folks an hosted her mom when she visited here. never a single issue. But there is something there that I must be missing, I'm suspecting is her lack of experience in family dynamics.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
It was more a response to his determination that "most women" create this sort of drama. He seems quite capable of stirring it up himself but is missing how he's part of the equation, not a passive bystander.
Well, you are certainly doing your best to prove me right. Thank You!

Old 05-16-2017, 11:26 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
You can't make people behave...
They are who they want to be.

You have to decide for yourself if that type of person is what you really want to attach yourself to.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:26 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
It may be partially true, but its not about me having invested so much, its that I have real feelings for her and I believe that's mutual. Not an excuse, but she left her family home at 19 and left the country. Even before that, she was playing role of a parent for her mom and dad, and I'm suspecting maybe she never quite learned real family dynamics. I don't want to hurt her
Love is not all you need. You need lots more. I was with a woman who was

Gorgeous (did print modeling)
Brilliant (Harvard, Hopkins)
Athletic (killer at tennis)
Musical (state level comp flautist)

who shared my interests in
Music
Travel
Sports
Literature
Food

And was nuts about me. Nuts. Wanted the sex more than i did.

But she was batcrap craycray, my friends hated her, my mom thought she was evil, and she just generally felt like everyone else was the problem and she was Miss Perfect.

Hard to, but you have to cut these people off. Just buhbye.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:27 AM

102,187 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Thin pickings nowadays Ruth.
Not true. Other guys manage to find normal, pleasant, contented, and considerate women to be with. It's not that hard to do.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not true. Other guys manage to find normal, pleasant, contented, and considerate women to be with. It's not that hard to do.
what guys? All I see is more of the same Ruth

Old 05-16-2017, 11:55 AM

102,187 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
what guys? All I see is more of the same Ruth
That's not at all what I see. Where do you live?
It sounds like you find women who reinforce your erroneous belief about women. Yet you've insisted in this thread that no, you've dated all kinds of women. You're contradicting yourself.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:39 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Love is not all you need. You need lots more. I was with a woman who was

Gorgeous (did print modeling)
Brilliant (Harvard, Hopkins)
Athletic (killer at tennis)
Musical (state level comp flautist)

who shared my interests in
Music
Travel
Sports
Literature
Food

And was nuts about me. Nuts. Wanted the sex more than i did.

But she was batcrap craycray, my friends hated her, my mom thought she was evil, and she just generally felt like everyone else was the problem and she was Miss Perfect.

Hard to, but you have to cut these people off. Just buhbye.
What makes you say she was crazy?

Old 05-16-2017, 12:45 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
... she left her family home at 19 and left the country. Even before that, she was playing role of a parent for her mom and dad, and I'm suspecting maybe she never quite learned real family dynamics. I don't want to hurt her
You aren't her parent. It's not your job to raise her and turn her into a functioning human being.

If she wants to be in a real adult relationship, then it's up to her to learn how to do that. You are not doing her any favors by dragging her along because you "don't want to hurt her."

She's already hurt you AND your family, so she's not even doing you the same courtesy.

Honestly, I would take the boat trip without her so you can see for once what a peaceful outing looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships