Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you seriously date someone who sleeps with you on the first date?
Yes! We need to see if we are compatible in bed! 7 38.89%
Maybe. She might do this with every guy but maybe she's really feeling me. 3 16.67%
Hmmm... If she did this now, does she do it all the time? I might pass. 5 27.78%
Definitely not. Too easy. There's nothing to look forward to. 6 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,486 times

Advertisements

My first question is... When do you know someone you meet is girlfriend material?

I met this really cool guy and we have been hanging out for about a week. We didn't kiss until our third date. We set up a kid pool in a state park with blankets and pillows and stayed there looking at the start for about 3 hours and during that time we first kissed. We've had long and meaningful conversations and although I can feel he's holding things in, slowly but surely the layers are coming off. We hung out again today at his place. We watched movies, went to dinner (he paid the first 3 dates, I paid the bill this time) then went back to his place for another movie. We made up on the couch for a while and I stopped him when he started putting his hands in places that really turn me on. I said "I better get home" and he walked me to my car. He asked me to let him know when I got home and I did. He said "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable" I said "you didn't. I just want to take things easy".

I really like this guy and in the past, I have made the huge mistake of sleeping with men right away. I'm 37 and been single for a while. Now, I don't want to sleep with someone I am not in a relationship with. Not anymore. I have been making drastic changes in my life lately like quit drinking, new friends, new hobbies and although I feel ready for a relationship, I don't feel the rush to jump in bed with someone. I like him and I want to see where this progresses and I want to avoid the mistakes in the past. I know I have a lot to bring into a relationship but I by sleeping with men prematurely I guess they didn't see me as someone they could have a relationship with. At least as serious one. This might not be the one, or it might but I want to take things slow and see where it goes. I so dearly want to have sex with someone I care for and they care for me other than just lust for each other. Btw, I met this guy on a dating site and we seem to have a lot of things in common. So far at least.

My second question is. What do you think of a woman who is great and have a lot of qualities you are looking for but sleeps with you on the first (or second) date?

Just want to see if I'm on the right path and to learn my past mistakes.

We all deserve to be loved, hope we all find it one way or another.

Oh, by the way, I'm new to this forum. Hello all! I'm AnnaBannana!

Last edited by Annabannana; 05-16-2017 at 01:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 10:18 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
To be fair, I don't think those other men ever saw you as relationship material from the start (regardless if you had slept with them too fast or not).

Plenty of relationships have started when the people with each other fast. I don't think it necessarily means much in the grand scheme of things.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:24 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Welcome to the forum Anna

How do I know a lady is girlfriend material? ...... When I'm convinced she could put up with me full time! LMAO

Old 05-16-2017, 10:51 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
A woman that has impeccable knowledge of Pro Wrestling history, listens to R.E.M., and likes Indian food. Those requirements along with decent looks qualifies a woman to be my wife as soon as possible.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM

1,265 posts, read 970,579 times
I agree with London.

First date sex is okay with me. I like sex and if she does too, that's cool. I'm old enough where everyone has a past.

Anyways, hoes need love too.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:06 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I selected yes and maybe. If I like her, I'd see the fact that she trusted me enough sexually to extend herself to me as a plus.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:31 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,026,960 times
You know, I wasn't ever into the game playing or the chase. But after bedding a nut job early in my dating career who stalked me, I decided that sex on the first date is a bad idea. I never was a prude, but I decided to be more selective.

When dating my wife, I was all about her. But, even so, I waited a good two months. In fact, the night we celebrated my birthday, we went to a concert, had an epic date, and she practically tried to rape me at the end. Trust me. I wanted to go along with it. But I wanted this relationship to become something amazing before bumping uglies. I think it was the right decision, and we have scorched the sheets ever since.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:08 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,340,652 times
I guess I'm the odd man out but I've met women whom I've slept with on the first date. Most recently, the "third date rule" notwithstanding, I've been with women in which we slept together on the third or fourth date. I want her to know me, my persona, my likes/dislikes, etc. I guess it's because if I sleep with her, I'm already considering her "relationship material".

Very recently - talking maybe two weeks ago - I met a woman with whom we had good conversation chemistry. Did I want to sleep with her that same day? Hell to the yes! (we didn't). But at this time, we're still in the "talking and getting to know each other" phase. Still not certain of anything yet.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:43 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
If this happens

Old 05-16-2017, 09:03 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,168 times
I never went out with or dated a man who took issue with first date sex, as far as regarding such activities (or women) as unworthy of a serious relationship. (and, if he's willing to bed a woman on the first date, is he unworthy of love and companionship, or just a sexship?) All of my longest relationships (and both marriages) started with sex before the third date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships