Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
It would be crazy if it was just about height, but often these women are looking for that tall super hot rich guy and tell off anyone who approaches them and doesn't fit those criterias like they're subhumans. How many guys fit that description? About 1 in a thousand?
Okay, so they are SUPER CRAZY. I don't think they have a happy life ahead of them.

By the way (and no offense meant), criteria is already plural. The singular is criterion. There's no such word as criterias.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:32 AM

389 posts, read 777,044 times
Women 5'8 or taller? Men 5'6 or shorter. hmm. I don't know how that would look to other people, but to me, it don't look particularly strange. Maybe a little uncommon, but not strange. I generally look for men 5'10 or taller just because of my height. I'd rather him lean down to kiss me than the other way around. My boyfriend is 6 feet, & I'm 5'8. (I'm tired of guessing how tall I am. I mesured.)

I think a woman who's 5'8 would usually go no shorter than 5'6 (BIG MAYBE.) It's all in the criterias. haha

Jessie

Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 AM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
LOL, you're a woman which means no one cares how tall you are and you can not relate to this whatsoever so your post is b.s.. I am sorry, but you are totally wrong. Shorter men such as me are often ridiculed by women and it has nothing to do with my own self esteem.
It has EVERYTHING to do with it. That point comes through loud and clear in your posts. Get over it. There will always be women that tend to overlook men under 6 feet. There will always be men that overlook women that aren't "hot" in their eyes. So what? Yeesh. Stop letting such petty observances affect your own life. Negative processing will never ever move you forward in life.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:56 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Okay, so they are SUPER CRAZY. I don't think they have a happy life ahead of them.

By the way (and no offense meant), criteria is already plural. The singular is criterion. There's no such word as criterias.
I don't take offense. English is my second language and that kind of feedback is only helpful.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,530 times
i've been told "you're too short" but its never bothered me, i had a girlfriend (6 years ago) who was 6 feet tall, albeit i was only 2 inches shorter, when she wore heel's everybody noticed.

who was the one with the height insecurities? her.

she told me i was too short at the beginning. so she went on to date a 6' 2" guy, they both went to show off their dance moves, problem is he dropped her when he brought her into a dip. she hit her head, it looked painful.

she was humiliated. he went to relax, i eventually got her back onto the floor, and dipped her properly, then took some faster moves, to take her mind off of what happened, then one more dip and i kissed her. she knew i was into her. but she never mentioned the "too short" rubbish again.

needless to say that was the beginning of the end of their relationship and the start to a more confident relationship that lasted several years.

women may think they want a guy whos their height, problem is everyone is different and when you judge a book by its cover without looking at the author (the persons personality and passions) you probably won't like reading the book. (spending your life with that person)

Old 08-06-2010, 01:07 PM

44,357 posts, read 20,063,008 times
I have a girlfriend who has been online dating for over three years. She told me that she will only consider men who are at least 5'10" tall. I told her that comes across as superficial, and her response was, "It's not about the looks; it's just that I need a tall man in order to feel safe and protected in his arms." What the . . . ? She is missing out on a whole heck of a lot of good men because of her silly height requirement!!!! She is 5'3" btw.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Wouldn't it be just easier to just cut and paste the links to the other hundred threads we've had on this subject?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I have a girlfriend who has been online dating for over three years. She told me that she will only consider men who are at least 5'10" tall. I told her that comes across as superficial, and her response was, "It's not about the looks; it's just that I need a tall man in order to feel safe and protected in his arms." What the . . . ? She is missing out on a whole heck of a lot of good men because of her silly height requirement!!!! She is 5'3" btw.

That is ridiculous.

By the way, I saw your pic on your profile. If I was single, I couldn't date you. Not because of your height but you look about 3 or 4 in that pic. I can't date that young.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
^^^no matter what her age, I'm sure she wouldn't date the invisible man....meaning you have no pic in your profile. Personally, I look for intelligence.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
^^^no matter what her age, I'm sure she wouldn't date the invisible man....meaning you have no pic in your profile. Personally, I look for intelligence.
Ah but here is a pic of me.

//www.city-data.com/forum/15217278-post877.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships