Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 02:56 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,466,711 times

Advertisements

I'm 5'9" so that would make me average height. But I used to be short. In 8th grade, I was 5'1"

Old 12-22-2010, 03:00 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I'm 5'9" so that would make me average height. But I used to be short. In 8th grade, I was 5'1"
I was 4'8" at the beginning of 8th grade. I didn't cross the 5'0" mark until the end of 8th grade. I was only 5'3" in 9th grade. I didn't reach my current height until 10th grade. I'm 5'5" now. Actually, I didn't reach the 4'0" mark until I was in the 3rd grade.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:03 PM

727 posts, read 539,986 times
If he is shorter than my sister, yes.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:51 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,036 times
Under normal circumstances, if you are a woman, you will not refuse a short man it?

Old 12-22-2010, 08:26 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
For a lot of women height does matter. A lot of different things matter to a lot of people when it comes to dating.

I prefer tall, big guys. I feel safe, protected, and feminine. It's a feeling, not something that is actual. My DH was 5'10 (my minimum height requirement), and a big guy. In actuality he probably couldn't have protected me from anything - he had never been in a fight, not even in school.

My height requirement was based upon, me + heels + one inch. I was pretty adament on that fact until I met my SO. But I met and TOTALLY fell for someone who is 5'8. Ironically, he actually could protect me from just about anything. Not that anything is likely to occur.

Women may prefer height, men may prefer big boobs, or insert "X"....

But for most people, others are more than the sum of the physical attributes, and when you meet the right person the "lists" won't matter. If you see yourself as the sum of your short-comings (pun!), others will too.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:23 PM

If a woman is going to reject me just because I'm a bit short, then that woman is full of crap and she isn't worth it.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:44 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
I really don't care about a man's height. As long as he's got a big di-- whoops did I just say that...!!

Old 12-24-2010, 08:56 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For a lot of women height does matter. A lot of different things matter to a lot of people when it comes to dating.

I prefer tall, big guys. I feel safe, protected, and feminine. It's a feeling, not something that is actual. My DH was 5'10 (my minimum height requirement), and a big guy. In actuality he probably couldn't have protected me from anything - he had never been in a fight, not even in school.

My height requirement was based upon, me + heels + one inch. I was pretty adament on that fact until I met my SO. But I met and TOTALLY fell for someone who is 5'8. Ironically, he actually could protect me from just about anything. Not that anything is likely to occur.

Women may prefer height, men may prefer big boobs, or insert "X"....

But for most people, others are more than the sum of the physical attributes, and when you meet the right person the "lists" won't matter. If you see yourself as the sum of your short-comings (pun!), others will too.
This is exactly what I was talking about months ago in this thread. She doesn't actually have a height requirement guys, she only thinks she does. What really matters is if the guy can make her feel safe and protected. If you're a foot shorter but invoke those feelings, that is what matters.

This is why you hear women say stuff like "he's not usually my type, but..." It's because the guy had enough game to overcome her cognitive wants and junk like "he has to be 1" taller when I'm in heels" and invoked the emotional and deep evolutionary instinctual desires instead.

That's the benefit that comes from having good Game, being able to bypass those unrealistic requirements and hitting the true ones deep at their core that women cannot help but respond positively to.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:32 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
This is exactly what I was talking about months ago in this thread. She doesn't actually have a height requirement guys, she only thinks she does. What really matters is if the guy can make her feel safe and protected. If you're a foot shorter but invoke those feelings, that is what matters.

This is why you hear women say stuff like "he's not usually my type, but..." It's because the guy had enough game to overcome her cognitive wants and junk like "he has to be 1" taller when I'm in heels" and invoked the emotional and deep evolutionary instinctual desires instead.

That's the benefit that comes from having good Game, being able to bypass those unrealistic requirements and hitting the true ones deep at their core that women cannot help but respond positively to.
Id rahter a women accept me for me physically from the begining then me trying to prove myself and that im equal to a taller Man..

Any women who brings up her heels in deciding who she might date is way too shallow and vain for me to want to get to know..

Old 12-26-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Id rahter a women accept me for me physically from the begining then me trying to prove myself and that im equal to a taller Man..

Any women who brings up her heels in deciding who she might date is way too shallow and vain for me to want to get to know..
That is how I think. If a woman is taller than me in heels, then whatever. Actually, there have been women I liked who are taller than me without heels. If they wear heels, then okay. I want to meet a woman who feels the same way. If a woman feels I don't measure up, then I have the same sentiments that you do. She is too shallow.
I watched a youtube video about men being compared by height. It was on 20/20. The shortest guy(who was 5'0" tall )was rejected by every woman surveyed. The women that were looking at the men wanted among the tallest men. The shortest guy didn't get picked at all. At the end, someone at the end said, "life isn't fair". I got angry about this. When I heard this, I thought "how does this help me get a girlfriend"? The shortest guy was made a millionaire and he was still rejected. I thought at first "how can someone be that shallow"? Sometimes it doesn't surprise me that someone could be that shallow. It just angers me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships