Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Im 5"6 and I have dated two guys that were my height and NEVER again will I do that. They were too arrogant. So yes since then I have totally rejected short men.
if you dated two arrogant Tall men would you never date tall guys again?

Women seem to want a reason to not date short guys and label all short guy the same as if a few bad experiences means every short guy is like that

Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,219 times
Quote:
Im 5"6 and I have dated two guys that were my height and NEVER again will I do that. They were too arrogant. So yes since then I have totally rejected short men.
See the crap we have to put up with ?

Let's word that sentence differently just for fun: "Im 5"6 and I have dated two guys that were taller than me and NEVER again will I do that. They were too arrogant. So yes since then I have totally rejected tall men."

Old 09-15-2012, 11:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
I am 5'7 and the guy I am interested in is probably 5'4 if that. He is a short man which probably contributes to his shyness. It will be weird being taller (and when we stand together it looks odd)but it doesn't matter. I figure if we marry I'll just wear flat shoes or maybe some sort of ballet slippers.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:41 PM

840 posts, read 1,146,598 times
I'm quite short myself being a little over 5'0 so I'm not going to reject anybody based on height through my friend told some guy who was interested that I would never have him as he was too short...LOL.

I would bang Peter Dinklage on any day.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:06 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Hahaha. The most popular guy in college, based on overhearing girls speak of him, was a non-ethnic looking Italian guy about 5'-6" to 5'-7" high and had been a HS baseball star, so he still had the baseball player look. He didn't need to be 6'-0" for women to notice him. He thought he was very cool and knew all the right people, despite transferring in from a community college.

Totally mediocre student. He should have been thrown out for stealing a test. He wasn't. He is doing quite well for himself. His wife, about his height, is on Facebook. She is attractive. His two kids, late HS age, are very average looking. It happens. He's probably not on the family pictures because I suspect he's probably bald by now.

However, had he been taller, he could have made his living in other ways as well - such as the media, broadcasting, whatever. Looks are the foot in the door, if that many girls nudged each other when he was in the vicinity.

No, if the guy looks good if theoretically stretched to the 5'10" + range, then he fares just fine with most women.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:28 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am 5'7 and the guy I am interested in is probably 5'4 if that. He is a short man which probably contributes to his shyness. It will be weird being taller (and when we stand together it looks odd)but it doesn't matter. I figure if we marry I'll just wear flat shoes or maybe some sort of ballet slippers.
THANK YOU, thank you, thank you for posting this! I keep posting on these short-guy threads that short guys can win by personality, but few, if any, believe me. Women who pass on guys based on height could be missing out on some really great guys. All the short guys I've known--5' or less, have been popular with women. Some had charismatic personalities, others were quieter but distinctive, none had trouble attracting women.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:10 AM

499 posts, read 756,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
No reason to wear flats. Be yourself. If you like him and he likes you, there's no reason to "worry" about being taller. If you "have to" wear flats, then you're not all that confident being with him.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:45 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
That's pretty ignorant and bigoted of you. People on this forum never cease to amaze me. It must be strange going through life like that.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:49 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's pretty ignorant and bigoted of you. People on this forum never cease to amaze me. It must be strange going through life like that.
You said it!

Height is just that, the rest is what matters IMHO.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
I've never seen examples of this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships