Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:56 PM

122 posts, read 122,770 times

Advertisements

You are a senior already. Is getting a 1 year student loan that big of a problem? If the logic for him to prove his love is to pay for your tuition, I think it make more sense for you to prove your love to him by taking 1 year student loan and graduate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 10:07 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, I wouldn't read anything into his failure to offer to help you. other than that he believes you should solve your own problems. Check out Rotary for college scholarships--maybe your home town chapters. If worse comes to worst, maybe you could drop back and go to school half-time, since you can only afford 1/2 the credits, and finish 1 semester late.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:09 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Your friend is giving you bad advice. Love isn't transactional.
Of course it is: you get what you give.

What are the alternatives to this?

Old 05-18-2017, 10:13 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Just becuase you can doesn't mean you should. There s more to consider here than just how much money is floating around.

I can't answer the love question, I'm not him.
I can at the very most say he doesn't love you the way you feel he should.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Of course it is: you get what you give.

What are the alternatives to this?
Giving without expectation.

Commitment is a transaction. Love is not.

And lots of people never get back what they give in a relationship.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:56 PM

142 posts, read 97,361 times
It really depends on the person. I would leave him. I mean, your education is and must be your priority right now and if he is not willing to help then move out. Does he know that? IF he does not help you, that you are likely to move out of state?

Your BF is not my type of guy. MY husband has proven to me that he is willing to support me. In fact I feel I am retired. I just work when I want to. When we were dating. He bought me 4 new tires coz he said he saw my tires are bald. And I did not even mention that to him. He just offered out of the blue. That was only within a month of dating.

There are times he biatches about our situation but i just ignore coz I know hours later we are back to normal.

He loves you, OP, maybe, just not like 'that'. You know that song, I would do anything for love, but I won't do that - meaning help you financially.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:10 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
He knows you may have to move in order to finish school and he knows why.
If he hasn't volunteered to loan you the money so that isn't necessary, he's either confident your relationship can weather the separation or he's not to concerned about ending it.
Only you, not any of us, can tell which it is.
Don't mention it again and just do what you have to do.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:53 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
As a senior, how much more tuition do you have left to pay? When is this sports program ending?

Old 05-19-2017, 05:22 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anettehasquestions View Post
Yes, this is her logic, because if I don't find a scholarship I might need to transfer out of state - which would end the relationship most likely. Of course, I am doing as much as possible to find a scholarship, but in the event that I don't it doesn't seem like he would help me buy some time.
Have you spoken to him about the possibility that you may have to move out of state?

If not I think his opinion one way or the other will tell you quite a lot

Old 05-19-2017, 05:34 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwisita View Post
your education is and must be your priority right now.
This
I know it's not easy - but focus on finishing your education.
If you have to move, you have to move.
Don't let whether or not he loves you cloud your judgment.
You have some big decisions to make - focus on your education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships