Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 08:39 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

This is why we have all those discussions about chemistry. If your gut feeling isn't, "this is a guy I want to get to know better," then it's probably best to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 11:07 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Very nice guy. Nice looking. Alas, he is not of average build as reported. He is a good 75 lbs overweight. And he has a pretty severe facial tic...which included his tongue sticking out a bit at times.

We had a nice time. Good sense of humor, intelligent guy. But he did seem very nervous. Sweaty. and the facial tic kind of waxed and waned but never disappeared. Is there a med for that? When I asked him what he did with his spare time he gave me a long list of activities at the gym followed by he reads a lot. I read a lot also so we had plenty to talk about. But I didn't want to hear about the gym. I meet guys who have hobbies and I meet guys who are sitting around waiting for someone to enter their life so they can start doing hobbies with that someone. And I meet guys who don't seem interested in doing stuff. This guy struck me as the third type...his hobby is reading.

And at the end of the evening he kissed me. Awkwardly. Twice. It was one of those, I'm clearly not going to have another chance with this gal so I'd better get it in now. I did not enjoy it.

I'm a kind person. I don't think there was anything inherently wrong with this guy. Am I really out of his league, or did I get that vibe from him because he was nervous/insecure? If I went out with him again would he be less nervous, or is this something he carries with him always?

Personally if I am nervous on a first date, and that doesn't go away after a few minutes with the guy, I tend not to be interested in a second date. I'd rather have no date than feel awkward around someone. and I assume I'm feeling awkward because I'm not connecting or my inner self is telling me I'm in over my head in some way.
That would be a big ole no to a second date. His type is why I only do coffee dates at first. And I can drink a cup very fast to get out of there when needed.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:09 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
All the slack in the world if you like and are attracted to the guy. None if you don't/aren't.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:25 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Very nice guy. Nice looking. Alas, he is not of average build as reported. He is a good 75 lbs overweight. And he has a pretty severe facial tic...which included his tongue sticking out a bit at times.

We had a nice time. Good sense of humor, intelligent guy. But he did seem very nervous. Sweaty. and the facial tic kind of waxed and waned but never disappeared. Is there a med for that? When I asked him what he did with his spare time he gave me a long list of activities at the gym followed by he reads a lot. I read a lot also so we had plenty to talk about. But I didn't want to hear about the gym. I meet guys who have hobbies and I meet guys who are sitting around waiting for someone to enter their life so they can start doing hobbies with that someone. And I meet guys who don't seem interested in doing stuff. This guy struck me as the third type...his hobby is reading.

And at the end of the evening he kissed me. Awkwardly. Twice. It was one of those, I'm clearly not going to have another chance with this gal so I'd better get it in now. I did not enjoy it.

I'm a kind person. I don't think there was anything inherently wrong with this guy. Am I really out of his league, or did I get that vibe from him because he was nervous/insecure? If I went out with him again would he be less nervous, or is this something he carries with him always?

Personally if I am nervous on a first date, and that doesn't go away after a few minutes with the guy, I tend not to be interested in a second date. I'd rather have no date than feel awkward around someone. and I assume I'm feeling awkward because I'm not connecting or my inner self is telling me I'm in over my head in some way.
Right so in short you're too good for him and you're trying to convince yourself out of going on the second date

Reasons he was nervous..... It may well be because you're " out of his league " and he wanted to make an impression, However it could quite easily be that you've not been very welcoming/easygoing etc that usually settles someone down and takes away the nerves therefore contributed to him being nervous

However it's all obsolete in truth with everything you've described it's a non starter as you've clearly got too many problems with him that can be overlooked.

Go play elsewhere

Old 05-23-2017, 12:40 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I would give a nervous guy a 2nd chance, but not one I wasn't attracted to.

I think the deciding factor was the kiss you didn't like.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-23-2017, 12:43 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
I don't know...I didn't much care for this one guy after our first 'date'. But he was a persistent little bugger. LOL

We went on a second date, then a third.

In September we will celebrate our 12th anniversary.

Sometimes love sneaks up on you.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:44 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
A bad kiss is game over. Period. It's either there or it's not!

Old 05-23-2017, 12:50 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post

yup

Old 05-23-2017, 02:38 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
First kiss with my current partner (20 years) was pretty bad. She surprised me, we have a significant height difference neither was accustomed to, it was cold out, and so it was a teeth clicking, off balance, her nose nearly in my mouth kind of bad. Yet I'm still recovering, in the best possible way, from next night's events. So there's that.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:39 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
I don't think it's a good match based on what you said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships