Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 01:50 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Frankly, it will sound like I am just fishing for some love, but I'm coming to the realization that the only reason for me not to pull a vanishing act or fling myself off a cliff is my daughters. And that's enough, and they bring me happiness. It's just hard to be kinda on my own and I don't believe I'll ever be with anyone again.

I'll be back. Just waking up. Time to break out the booze.
Sounds more like right when nobody is talking about you anymore you needed to change your story around.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:35 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
This is my thoughts of the OP's predicament with the assistance of Mr. Frank Sinatra:

"All or nothin' at all
Half a love never appealed to me
If your heart, it never could yield to me
Then I'd rather, rather have nothin' at all

I said all, nothin' at all
If it's love, there ain't no in-between
Why begin then cry for somethin' that might have been
No I'd rather, rather have nothin' at all"

OP - I hate the word "divorce" but she has already divorced you, I say finish that job!

Old 06-05-2017, 06:58 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Sounds more like right when nobody is talking about you anymore you needed to change your story around.
If my story has changed it's because things and feelings have changed.

When I started this thread, my wife had just told me she was getting an apartment of her own. That's no longer in the cards, at least for the foreseeable future.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:01 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
Quote:

When I started this thread, my wife had just told me she was getting an apartment of her own. That's no longer in the cards, at least for the foreseeable future.
So, Griffs, where are you, mentally, now?

Your wife isn't getting an apartment because she is effectively moving in with her lover. Where do you see yourself next week; next month; next year?

Old 06-05-2017, 07:09 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:

In kind: Please "stop the booze" and drink lots and lots of strong black caffeinated coffee - in other words please wake up and do what's right so for you to move onwards for the rest of your years here on earth. IMO right now you're in a dazed state.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
So, Griffs, where are you, mentally, now?

Your wife isn't getting an apartment because she is effectively moving in with her lover. Where do you see yourself next week; next month; next year?
She is my wife. I will always be there for her. We are both doing some exploring.

For the most part, I've been okay. Yesterday was rough for some reason.

But the time we spend together has been very loving and exciting actually.

All I can say is, for me, I just don't feel differently towards her and I am increasingly confident that this isn't going to--and doesn't need to--spell the end of our marriage or relationship.

I have, at times, felt lost, lonely or confused, but we are working on it and most days are good days.

I'd like to say that perhaps the thing that I've gotten most out of the thread is learning about compersion from @MsMetal. That fits me well. Never knew there was a name for it!

Old 06-05-2017, 08:03 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Only talking about taking the edge off. I don't drink much. Not even anything like a daily basis. I haven't been legitimately drunk in 25 years. Just having a hard day. Feeling worthless. All I can do is keep a roof over my kids' head and I suck pretty bad even at that. Being around a bunch of people last night, many of whom were young and beautiful just puts focus on the fact that my body is so messed up I am not much good for anyone in any capacity. It's hard. I have nothing to offer but a measly paycheck, but I'm gonna just go day by day and push through. Throw myself into as much overtime as possible, take my mind off this as much as I can.
Hmmmmm might wanna prioritize that instead this nonsense you ALLOW.

Those poor girls. Hopefully they have someone strong in their lives. And please don't say they have you, they don't.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:25 AM

My girls are doing fine, thank you.

When you don't know what you are talking about, might be better to keep your mouth shut.

You know, to avoid looking like an ignoramus.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:25 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Griffis, read the Gospel. Why don't you try it?

I think you're in a bad place right now. Just see if those words speak to you. It might change your life.

Nobody should treat you the way you're being treated.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Griffis, read the Gospel. Why don't you try it?

I think you're in a bad place right now. Just see if those words speak to you. It might change your life.

Nobody should treat you the way you're being treated.
I love the Bible. I am not, however, a Christian.

I do find wisdom in it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships